***The Official USC Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Started by tnguyendo
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Around how long did you guys get for the two essay questions? And do we need to answer the questions from the bag right away or do we get some time to think about them?

Thanks!
it is only one essay question and it was super easy. you'll have around 20 mins. it is not even an essay, its just a response. and yes as soon as you get the question from the basket you have to answer right away. dont worry theyre easy questions, no need to prepare for this interview.
 
Yes, I did. It seems like a pretty standard e-mail. Nothing crazy.

LOL, this part tripped me up doe "Having successfully completed the interview phase of the application process you are now one of a select number of individuals, whose application has been ranked for the 2014-15 acceptance cycle"

I am assuming we are ALL ranked after being interviewed..
 
So I was hoping for a USC interview invite... I have a 22 TS, a 21 AA, 19 PAT, and a 3.6 and a 3.45, for oGPA and sGPA, NYS resident. :/
 
I am interviewing on Nov 20th, if anyone wants to save some bucks and split a rental car or taxi to and from the airport send me a message.
 
has anyone else received a thank you note from USC? one of the student ambassadors i had lunch with sent me a thank you note. found it kinda strange (unexpected) but cool! haha
 
has anyone else received a thank you note from USC? one of the student ambassadors i had lunch with sent me a thank you note. found it kinda strange (unexpected) but cool! haha
I never received anything other than the post-interview email. When did you interview?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone's status changed from "Invited for Interview" to "Please check back on December 1 for more information regarding your decision status with this school"?
Is it a good sign?
 
Did anyone's status changed from "Invited for Interview" to "Please check back on December 1 for more information regarding your decision status with this school"?
Is it a good sign?

I got that this morning and I interviewed on 11/11. I'm assuming everyone received this status
 
Last edited:
Interviewed on 11/11 also. Status is "Please check back Dec 1st...." also. Fingers crossed for all of us.
 
i know USC changes everyone's status to "check back" pretty soon after the interview, but did everyone's "check back" status move towards the bottom of the page? (below all the "invited for interview" statuses)
 
Waitlisted as well!
I think they accept 50 people on Dec. 1st.

What are the dates on aadsas for waitlisted? Are they just the day after your interview?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't they waitlist everyone until they contact them?
Yes, I think so. since the decision date is one day after the interview,I believe that means the form they asked us to fill and fax. I remember they said everyone is wait listed after the interview
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone! Congratulations to those who were accepted this week! Please do not be discouraged if you did not receive an acceptance yet. I'm a D1 at USC and I received my acceptance mid-January of this year. I also have friends who interviewed in February and were accepted. You've probably heard this before but be patient.

We have made an official USC Dental School Class of 2019 Facebook page. This is a good way of asking questions, communicating with upperclassmen and with your own classmates. It will also be a great way of organizing events next summer once people start moving to LA. If you have any questions let me know. Congrats again and Fight On!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/327081064143603/