*** The Official UTHSC/Tennessee Acceptance/Interview Thread of 2021 ***

Maybe.a.dentist

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Unless I'm blind this thread still hasn't been made. It's the last day of August has anyone gotten invited to interview yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I know a few people have got interview from uthsc.
My mail-out date is 8-19 and I've not heard anything back yet.
@Maybe.a.dentist when did you submit?stat?

My mail out date was 7/22 and I still have not heard anything. It just says under review in aadsas

Members don't see this ad :)
I know a few people have got interview from uthsc.
My mail-out date is 8-19 and I've not heard anything back yet.
@Maybe.a.dentist when did you submit?stat?

I haven't gotten the interview invite yet. I submitted somewhere around 6/22 I think. I have about a 3.9 GPA for both overall and science and my DAT is 20 AA 21 PAT. I'm OOS.

You're not alone @DentFuture111 I mailed out 7/5, Have a 3.68 oGPA with a 22 AA and 23 PAT and still nothing other than the confirmation email (OOS as well). :yeahright:

Same thing over here. Haven't heard of any action at uthsc yet

Interview for Septh 16! Beyond excited! It's my state school!
Anyone heard anything yet? Im interviewing the day they are implementing a new format. They're interviewing more students than usual that day so I'm suspecting its a group activity of sorts.

Interview for Septh 16! Beyond excited! It's my state school!
Anyone heard anything yet? Im interviewing the day they are implementing a new format. They're interviewing more students than usual that day so I'm suspecting its a group activity of sorts.
What have you heard about this new format?

What have you heard about this new format?
I haven't heard anything. Just speculation from what the email said. They're interviewing more students that day. So I'm guessing maybe there's going to be a group activity where they give us a problem and see how we work together as a group. I know some schools do that.

Talked to Amanda! It turns out interview format didn't really change other than you are not allowed to bring guests like you could in previous years.

@DreamingOfDentistry I have an interview this Friday with the new format as well. Was the format different or was it simply to accommodate more interviewees?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from this school?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
From my email I received. Seems like they've done 10/15 nterview dates. The last interview dates they had were the end of October. Not sure if they interview past then or not but that's all the dates listed in the email.

I interviewed there on August 5th and it was super laid back. Most of the focus was on touring the school, haha. I believe that the first interview date was July 22 and they had an interview every Friday after that. There were 9 applicants being interviewed on my day.

Hello!
I am interviewing tomorrow and decided to rent a car. So, if anyone interviewing tomorrow wants to ride with me to the airport, from the interview, PM me ☺️

Haven't heard anything yet :(
Submitted first week of August
OOS (Mississippi), GPA=3.66, DAT=21

Reactions: 1 user
Anybody recieved a hard rejection from these guys? I still haven't heard anything either.

Anybody recieved a hard rejection from these guys? I still haven't heard anything either.

I haven't heard anything either. Does anyone know when their last interview is?

What are your stats? also, are you IS or OOS?
3.66 20 AA, 500+ community service, 500+ dental experience 200 hours oral cancer research at UTHSC School of Dentistry in Houston. Registered dental assistant almost 400 hours
OOS.

3.66 20 AA, 500+ community service, 500+ dental experience 200 hours oral cancer research at UTHSC School of Dentistry in Houston. Registered dental assistant almost 400 hours
OOS.
yah see your stats are pretty good. im just hoping that maybe they're trying to get all the TN and AR people done before moving on to the OOS applicants bc i feel like are stats are definitely competitive enough

yah see your stats are pretty good. im just hoping that maybe they're trying to get all the TN and AR people done before moving on to the OOS applicants bc i feel like are stats are definitely competitive enough
I definitely think our stats are competitive enough. I'm from TX I know someone from my ASDA who got in with a 3.0 and 18. ... good chance they're doing Instate more right now. Ugh. Oh yeah ps. I'm Vice President of ASDA at my school haha ... to add to my previous post loll

I definitely think our stats are competitive enough. I'm from TX I know someone from my ASDA who got in with a 3.0 and 18. ... good chance they're doing Instate more right now. Ugh. Oh yeah ps. I'm Vice President of ASDA at my school haha ... to add to my previous post loll
Unfortunately y'all they've been doing out of state as well. I think they tried to do in state early on. When I interviewed it was quite a few out of staters but also Arkansas residents. Seemed like there were a few Georgians Floridians, and Alabamians.

Unfortunately y'all they've been doing out of state as well. I think they tried to do in state early on. When I interviewed it was quite a few out of staters but also Arkansas residents. Seemed like there were a few Georgians Floridians, and Alabamians.
Haha it's all good. I actually got my app complete 9/21... but i received an interview at one of my top choices on 9/29. So I was really shocked. I know other schools might not have this quick of a turnaround but I couldn't help think of the other schools I applied to after that interview I got loll

Haha it's all good. I actually got my app complete 9/21... but i received an interview at one of my top choices on 9/29. So I was really shocked. I know other schools might not have this quick of a turnaround but I couldn't help think of the other schools I applied to after that interview I got loll
Haha yeah it's hard not to get impatient haha. Don't start sweating yet! Still plenty of time!!glad you heard from your fave! That's most important!

Hey everyone, so if you get an interview we get an email or we get a phone call? I keep getting phone calls from 901 numbers but I have been applying for jobs like crazy and since I just started one I haven't had time to answer my other calls.

Hey everyone, so if you get an interview we get an email or we get a phone call? I keep getting phone calls from 901 numbers but I have been applying for jobs like crazy and since I just started one I haven't had time to answer my other calls.

It's email. But that's wild. I was getting a crap ton of 901 phone calls too. I started blocking them because they're just telemarketers or something

So, I still haven't received an interview. But, when they first received my application, I got an email saying that if you have outstanding credentials (21 DAT, >3.5 GPA) and still haven't received an interview by October 15, feel free to contact them. Are any of you going to do that?

So, I still haven't received an interview. But, when they first received my application, I got an email saying that if you have outstanding credentials (21 DAT, >3.5 GPA) and still haven't received an interview by October 15, feel free to contact them. Are any of you going to do that?
I never got this email and based off their definition of "outstanding credentials" I would say I have that. Weird. I want to if I got the email loll

Anyone aware if this school is still divvying out interviews?

Hey everyone, my app went from "Under Review" to "App complete" yesterday.. anyone know what that means? Haven't heard anything from here.

omg they changed my status to application complete too! i'm officially in panic mode!

omg they changed my status to application complete too! i'm officially in panic mode!
And... according to the past we both had those "outstanding credentials" thing. I hope that means something good and not a rejection lol hopefully someone can help us out if their status went to that before an interview :(

Omg my AADSAS also changed to received/application complete yesterday... I have no idea what it means, also on panic mode!! I think I have "outstanding credentials"... so yea let's hope it is a good thing, because I would assume they would have switched us to application denied.. so I am not sure, I emailed them because they said feel free to email if you haven't received an interview by oct 15th... I'll let you guys know if I hear anything... Good luck guys!

Reactions: 1 users

I was thinking about doing that, do you know what email address we need to get in touch with?

Omg my AADSAS also changed to received/application complete yesterday... I have no idea what it means, also on panic mode!! I think I have "outstanding credentials"... so yea let's hope it is a good thing, because I would assume they would have switched us to application denied.. so I am not sure, I emailed them because they said feel free to email if you haven't received an interview by oct 15th... I'll let you guys know if I hear anything... Good luck guys!
Do schools actually update portals to "application denied" ? Lol curious to know

Do schools actually update portals to "application denied" ? Lol curious to know
Yes they do!! My friends have told me that some of the schools they applied to switched their status to "application denied" already... so I guess if they were gonna reject us that would have been the case...

Yes they do!! My friends have told me that some of the schools they applied to switched their status to "application denied" already... so I guess if they were gonna reject us that would have been the case...
Wow ahah well that does give me a little bit of hope. Let's hope tomorrow's our lucky day:(

Hey everyone, my app went from "Under Review" to "App complete" yesterday.. anyone know what that means? Haven't heard anything from here.
same!! Eek! Let's hope for the best!!!

I guess better question is...did anybody's not change?

If anyone calls/emails to ask about their status and gets a response, please let me know. Lol.. I'm scared to call or email.

They didn't answer the call, so I emailed them. Will let you know what they say

sorry yall, it's basically bad news. So, I ended up calling again and she told me this. She said that all the interview dates for the Dec 1 decision are filled up. So, if your application is still under review, then you'll probably have to wait until after December 1st to hear anything. If the application says complete, then they're still looking at transcripts and other factors, and if they want to contact you for a pre-Dec interview, they will.

sorry yall, it's basically bad news. So, I ended up calling again and she told me this. She said that all the interview dates for the Dec 1 decision are filled up. So, if your application is still under review, then you'll probably have to wait until after December 1st to hear anything. If the application says complete, then they're still looking at transcripts and other factors, and if they want to contact you for a pre-Dec interview, they will.

Really appreciate you updating us on this! My app updated to complete just last week so I'm not giving up hope yet.

Oooof ._. Well now we play the waiting game! Thanks so much for the info!!