***The Official UTHSCSA Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Has anyone received a rejection letter yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have interview advice? Or have details of how the interview style is ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are y'all in state or OOS? Also, which day is the invite for?

I'm TX resident as well!
Interviewing November 25th as well! Looking forward to see you there emc181!

Reactions: 1 users
I also got an interview for the 25th! Really excited about it. Do you guys know if it’s possible to get a decision on Dec. 1st since it’s right before?

Reactions: 1 user
I also got an interview for the 25th! Really excited about it. Do you guys know if it’s possible to get a decision on Dec. 1st since it’s right before?

I think it’s possible if you absolutely kill it lol but I was reading the thread from last year and if I remember right some people didn’t find out til January. I’m definitely going to ask while there

Stats?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Does anyone know how many people they interview on one day?

Also for those asking, I'm just gonna put this here:

Interview#4: UT Health San Antonio School of Dentistry
Notification date: Nov 13th 2019
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: Aug 25th 2019
GPA (BCPM, overall): 3.38, 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/18/21/none
Interview Date: Nov 25th 2019

Does anyone know how many people they interview on one day?

Also for those asking, I'm just gonna put this here:

Interview#4: UT Health San Antonio School of Dentistry
Notification date: Nov 13th 2019
TMDSAS mail-out date: Aug 25th 2019
GPA (BCPM, overall): 3.38, 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/18/21/none
Interview Date: Nov 25th 2019
I interviewed on Monday and my group was of 19..

Members don't see this ad :)
I read earlier in the thread that the interview is two separate one on one interviews. Is this correct?

There is a student interview (with a D3 or D4) and a faculty interview. Both are approximately 30 minutes.

Interview#1: UT Health San Antonio School of Dentistry
Notification date: Nov 19th 2019
TMDSAS mail-out date: May 26th 2019
GPA (BCPM, overall): 3.01, 3.17
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/21/20/none
Interview Date: Dec 2nd 2019

Reactions: 4 users
Interview #6
School: UT Health San Antonio School of Dentistry
Notification date: 11/25/2019
Application complete date: 5/25
GPA (science, overall): 3.23, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/20/22/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 12/9

Reactions: 3 users
Interview #6
School: UT Health San Antonio School of Dentistry
Notification date: 11/25/2019
Application complete date: 5/25
GPA (science, overall): 3.23, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/20/22/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 12/9
congrats on the interview!

Accepted! Congrats to everyone else that gets accepted tonight!

Sent from my SM-G975U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
They have started calling as well if anyone was wondering.

They have started calling as well if anyone was wondering.

I received the acceptance email, but have yet to receive a call. Who called you? Dr. Malone? Your faculty interviewer? I wonder if they call everyone today.

I received the acceptance email, but have yet to receive a call. Who called you? Dr. Malone? Your faculty interviewer? I wonder if they call everyone today.
The assistant dean. Didn't get to meet her in person at the interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received an interview invite today. I got accepted at another school Monday but excited about this one. Hopefully they’ll be able to give a decision before the deadline for the other school. If you’re still waiting For an interview, keep hope alive :)
I'm in the same boat. Had my interview on Monday, but don't want to make a decision just yet!

I just received an interview invite today. I got accepted at another school Monday but excited about this one. Hopefully they’ll be able to give a decision before the deadline for the other school. If you’re still waiting For an interview, keep hope alive :)
Congrats! What are your stats, and are you IS?

I’m going to accept. From previous threads it doesn’t seem like they’ll get back with us until January or February
That sounds like the smart decision. It’s best to make sure you go to A school. If you get accepted in January or whenever you can jump ship and come be our classmate. All that would happen is you would lose the deposit of the other school. Hopefully it’s not NYU 5k deposit

There is a UTHSCSA Dental school c/o 2024 fb page for incoming students!

When do guys think second round is going out

I interviewed in Houston on Tuesday and they said mid January. I also interviewed earlier with UW, who also is sending round 2 mid January. I don't know for sure for San Antonio, but I would imagine it's probably similar.

Of the people accepted has anyone received a letter or anything with more information yet?

When did you interview? I interviewed on 12/2 and for some reason I thought I remembered Dr. Malone saying that they would get together and discuss the latest interviews on the following Monday. However, I too have heard that the second round won't be announced until January, so I'm a bit worried. I have another school that I am waiting to put a deposit down on.

When did you interview? I interviewed on 12/2 and for some reason I thought I remembered Dr. Malone saying that they would get together and discuss the latest interviews on the following Monday. However, I too have heard that the second round won't be announced until January, so I'm a bit worried. I have another school that I am waiting to put a deposit down on.

I too interviewed on 12/2 and Dr. Malone did say they were going to be meeting today to discuss the applications of the people who interviewed that day. After talking to the students at lunch it seemed like the next round of acceptances are going to come out that first or second week of january. Probably by the time you need to have the deposit down for the other school.

I too interviewed on 12/2 and Dr. Malone did say they were going to be meeting today to discuss the applications of the people who interviewed that day. After talking to the students at lunch it seemed like the next round of acceptances are going to come out that first or second week of january. Probably by the time you need to have the deposit down for the other school.
Ok great. I’m glad I wasn’t the only one that heard that. Lol and yes, I will have to put my deposit down by Jan 1.

Same!! Ahhhh lol

Sorry for my late reply! Just submit a request and answer the question "are you an incoming student to the c/o 2024" :)

How can I get added to this payge?
Wanted to make sure this got to you :) just submit a request and answer the question of if you're an incoming student and you'll be accepted! Congrats and take care!
The link is in my other comment*

I got accepted through email. Has anyone gotten the mail letter? I'm still waiting for it