Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
undergrad GPA (science, overall): 3.42/3.51
masters GPA (only summer semester completed. science/overall): 4.00/4.00
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/20/21/no

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
To the class! Thank you!
Did you interview before or after decision day? I interviewed on the 2nd, and they told us that we wouldn't find out anything until mid January. Just wondering if perhaps they are already sending out decisions from those interviews.

Interview invite!
Notification date: 12/23/2019 at 11AM CST
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
undergrad GPA (science, overall): 3.42/3.51
masters GPA (only summer semester completed. science/overall): 4.00/4.00
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/20/21/no

When’s ur interview?

Did you interview before or after decision day? I interviewed on the 2nd, and they told us that we wouldn't find out anything until mid January. Just wondering if perhaps they are already sending out decisions from those interviews.
I interviewed in September, and I was accepted on December 2nd!

Hello everyone! Is anyone interviewing January 6th? Also, does anyone have any tips for the interview?

Hello everyone! Is anyone interviewing January 6th? Also, does anyone have any tips for the interview?
Tips for the interview: You may already know but it's with one faculty member and one student, 20 min. each. It's closed file as well. Just try to show the things you can't show on paper. Be kind and show empathy in your answers. Show that you can carry conversation and make someone feel comfortable ect. The faculty will also have like a set of questions that they will ask a few of that very obviously come from the paper infront of them like "what's your strengths" ect. so be ready for a few basic interview questions. For the student interview they are just checking to see that you are a good person to work with so just be personable and friendly. They seemed to pair me up with a student that shared alot of extracurriculars and hobbies with (I am an eagle scout. He was an eagle scout ect.) so if you can pick up on that and have a friendly conversation you will do great.

Sent from my SM-G975U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know when they are sending out the second round of acceptances?

Last edited:
Anyone know when they are seconding out the second round of acceptances?

Last year they sent 2nd round on January 5th soooooo hopefully within the next week or two lol

Last year they sent 2nd round on January 5th soooooo hopefully within the next week or two lol
How many rounds of acceptances do they (and the TX schools) usually have?

How many rounds of acceptances do they (and the TX schools) usually have?

When I interviewed at UTHSCSA they said there would be 6-8 rounds of acceptances

Members don't see this ad :)
I saw that someone had an interview on the 13th. Do you think they will announce before that interview date?

I saw that someone had an interview on the 13th. Do you think they will announce before that interview date?

I think so. I looked at the thread from last year awhile back and analyzed all the dates to hopefully get an idea for the timeline of dates of this cycle

Any one receive second round of offers yet?

We are going to get acceptances either today or Monday. Don’t quote me on that I can just feel it.
I hope you’re right. I was feeling a bit of the same. Couldn’t sleep last night.

Reactions: 2 users
The anticipation <<<<<<<<<

Reactions: 5 users
Dammit, you scared me!! I checked my email (nothing), and then saw there was a new post on SDN. Lol

Lol sorry!! I feel so anxious today!

Me too! I hope they don't make us wait until Friday :(

I just knew we would've found out by now. Last year they found out January 4th.

I know!! And the year before that they found out January 5th.... so....

I interviewed on 12/2. I was already accepted into another school so I asked when we might hear back from them because I had to put a deposit down on my other school by January 2. They told me it was going to be mid January. When I saw the thread that they let us know early in January last year, I had hoped. But now that it’s already the sixth I’m getting nervous that they are going to make us wait until mid January after all.

I interviewed on 12/2. I was already accepted into another school so I asked when we might hear back from them because I had to put a deposit down on my other school by January 2. They told me it was going to be mid January. When I saw the thread that they let us know early in January last year, I had hoped. But now that it’s already the sixth I’m getting nervous that they are going to make us wait until mid January after all.

Booooooo

c'mon guys lolol
mid january is next week ya'll
lolol

Just called them and they said second round of acceptances would be going out this week. They tried to get them out today but that’s not happening. They said within the next couple of days!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Just called them and they said second round of acceptances would be going out this week. They tried to get them out today but that’s not happening. They said within the next couple of days!

I can confirm this too; called this morning and was told the same thing.

I interviewed Monday and Dr. Malone said they have only sent out 1 round of acceptances, and there are 8 rounds.

Reactions: 3 users
Acceptance at 5:11. I just can’t believe it. I hope everyone gets good news.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted at 5:11 as well! So excited!!

I interviewed on December 2nd and haven't heard anything back yet. Does that mean I'm rejected, still under consideration, or have to wait till the 3rd round?

Do you think this round of acceptances was for the interviews after Dec 2nd and before Monday’s set of interviews?

Got an offer at 5:11 pm. Very excited to get into my top choice! Best of luck to all those who are hopeful.

Does any one know if they offer acceptances to OOS after the 1st round, or is only in state from here on out?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Does anyone know how many offers are given each round of acceptances?

Does anyone know how many offers are given each round of acceptances?
Pretty sure there's no set number. It's just based on how many ppl decline their seats/don't pay their deposits. At the end of the day, they are trying to fill all 100 seats

Just found out I got accepted today at 5:11! Very excited. This was my top choice!

For those that were accepted on Dec 2nd, how long did it take to get your letter in the mail?

Any estimated date for the next round?

Accepted on 1/8! Excited to meet all of you who were accepted and congrats!

Reactions: 4 users