***The Official UTHSCSA Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Started by Ricer7
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Interview invite!
Notification date: 12/23/2019 at 11AM CST
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
undergrad GPA (science, overall): 3.42/3.51
masters GPA (only summer semester completed. science/overall): 4.00/4.00
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/20/21/no
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To the class! Thank you!
Did you interview before or after decision day? I interviewed on the 2nd, and they told us that we wouldn't find out anything until mid January. Just wondering if perhaps they are already sending out decisions from those interviews.
 
Interview invite!
Notification date: 12/23/2019 at 11AM CST
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
undergrad GPA (science, overall): 3.42/3.51
masters GPA (only summer semester completed. science/overall): 4.00/4.00
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/20/21/no

When’s ur interview?
 
Did you interview before or after decision day? I interviewed on the 2nd, and they told us that we wouldn't find out anything until mid January. Just wondering if perhaps they are already sending out decisions from those interviews.
I interviewed in September, and I was accepted on December 2nd!
 
Hello everyone! Is anyone interviewing January 6th? Also, does anyone have any tips for the interview?
Tips for the interview: You may already know but it's with one faculty member and one student, 20 min. each. It's closed file as well. Just try to show the things you can't show on paper. Be kind and show empathy in your answers. Show that you can carry conversation and make someone feel comfortable ect. The faculty will also have like a set of questions that they will ask a few of that very obviously come from the paper infront of them like "what's your strengths" ect. so be ready for a few basic interview questions. For the student interview they are just checking to see that you are a good person to work with so just be personable and friendly. They seemed to pair me up with a student that shared alot of extracurriculars and hobbies with (I am an eagle scout. He was an eagle scout ect.) so if you can pick up on that and have a friendly conversation you will do great.

Sent from my SM-G975U using SDN mobile
 
I saw that someone had an interview on the 13th. Do you think they will announce before that interview date?

I think so. I looked at the thread from last year awhile back and analyzed all the dates to hopefully get an idea for the timeline of dates of this cycle
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed on 12/2. I was already accepted into another school so I asked when we might hear back from them because I had to put a deposit down on my other school by January 2. They told me it was going to be mid January. When I saw the thread that they let us know early in January last year, I had hoped. But now that it’s already the sixth I’m getting nervous that they are going to make us wait until mid January after all.
 
I interviewed on 12/2. I was already accepted into another school so I asked when we might hear back from them because I had to put a deposit down on my other school by January 2. They told me it was going to be mid January. When I saw the thread that they let us know early in January last year, I had hoped. But now that it’s already the sixth I’m getting nervous that they are going to make us wait until mid January after all.

Booooooo
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed on December 2nd and haven't heard anything back yet. Does that mean I'm rejected, still under consideration, or have to wait till the 3rd round?
 
Does any one know if they offer acceptances to OOS after the 1st round, or is only in state from here on out?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad