-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The Official Western University c/o 2019 Interview/Acceptance thread
Started by tnguyendo
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just received an email stating, "...your application is still with the College of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee. It is possible that the Committee hasn't reviewed your application yet or they have made a decision and haven't informed us yet. Once reviewed...."
No interview yet. Think they're waiting for my fall grades?
No interview yet. Think they're waiting for my fall grades?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an email saying my application is still with the adcom and either they haven't reviewed it or haven't made a decision. I'm 2nd batch and they still haven't made a decision?
Same except I was first batch! And that's like the second or third time I've gotten that email...
Just got an email saying my application is still with the adcom and either they haven't reviewed it or haven't made a decision. I'm 2nd batch and they still haven't made a decision?
I'm in the same boat as you except I was 3rd batch. I don't know if you're taking classes right now but maybe they're waiting for those grades?
Got the same email today. Guess we just have to wait it out...Just received an email stating, "...your application is still with the College of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee. It is possible that the Committee hasn't reviewed your application yet or they have made a decision and haven't informed us yet. Once reviewed...."
No interview yet. Think they're waiting for my fall grades?
I think I might call tomorrow to see if they'll take my current course grades into consideration since I have a 99% in biochem and 95% in my other grad-level bio. I don't have finals for another two weeks so I can't academic update until then, and then AADSAS won't get my updated transcripts for another week or two after that.
It's my second time receiving it. They must REALLY be going over our apps with a very fine tooth comb.
I think they must going through it with a microscope lol.
Any one want to make a class of 2019 Facebook page?!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it true about dec3rd? I asked them and they told me that if I interviewed and wasn't offered an acceptance Monday then my app is going directly into the re evaluation pile :s
Ok. I called them and the lady told that all accepted were notified by regular mail. No emails!!! Some were also notified by phone calls, however not everybody. So we should check our mail. If you are not accepted this does not mean a rejection, it means that decison has not been made yet. But honestly i think they called everybody who got in, so i take it as a rejection
Thanks for the heads up.Ok. I called them and the lady told that all accepted were notified by regular mail. No emails!!! Some were also notified by phone calls, however not everybody. So we should check our mail. If you are not accepted this does not mean a rejection, it means that decison has not been made yet. But honestly i think they called everybody who got in, so i take it as a rejection
But this is my feeling right now to these constant up and down news...
You have to keep your head up! Always!! No matter what!!! I received today to emails saying that interviews contine to be send out! From Marquette and Case. Believe in yourself and god knows what to prepare for you. It may come so unexpected!!!!Thanks for the heads up.
But this is my feeling right now to these constant up and down news...
![]()
Got the acceptance package today
class of 2019 , can't wait!! this is my top choice 🙂
And for those waiting, keep your heads up. Its a tough process with all the waiting
class of 2019 , can't wait!! this is my top choice 🙂And for those waiting, keep your heads up. Its a tough process with all the waiting
you should do it!Someone needs to make a Facebook group!
Hahaha do I want that responsibility? ... I guess I'll consider making one! 😉you should do it!
So glad to be accepted at Western- cheers to the class of 2019! I am so excited to get my acceptance packet in the mail!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1510392582568580/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1510392582568580/
Last edited:
Got the acceptance package todayclass of 2019 , can't wait!! this is my top choice 🙂
And for those waiting, keep your heads up. Its a tough process with all the waiting
Where do you live? Im trying to figure out when I'm going to get my package.
CaliWhere do you live? Im trying to figure out when I'm going to get my package.
For those who havent received a notification yet, I emailed them for an update and they said they havent made a decision yet. Soooo the waiting game continues -__- I just hope they get to us before having to pay a deposit at the other schools.
Good luck everyone and congrats to those who got in!
Good luck everyone and congrats to those who got in!
I think that they are stalling until they know how many of their first round picks will accept their offer.I think they must going through it with a microscope lol.
I got the congratulation/ acceptance call on December 1st! Who's gonna be my classmate ? 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a phone call on December 1st. I believe that's the date everyone was notifiedOk. I called them and the lady told that all accepted were notified by regular mail. No emails!!! Some were also notified by phone calls, however not everybody. So we should check our mail. If you are not accepted this does not mean a rejection, it means that decison has not been made yet. But honestly i think they called everybody who got in, so i take it as a rejection
i just got an interview invite for Feb 7th. I've already been accepted at three other schools so I'm debating if interviewing at western is worth it. Was anyone blown away by what western has to offer?
Hey everyone! For those of you who really want to go to WesternU and either are wait listed or haven't received an interview, I highly recommend looking into their MSMS program. The application is still open and it's a great plan B just in case you don't get in this cycle. Look into it ASAP if you are interested as the application closes early next year. Don't let a late (but complete) application to this program sway your decision in applying, as many students have gotten in after they applied and completed their app right at the deadline. I highly recommend the MSMS program.
Totally forgot to check in here and say I'm headed to Western! See you there!
So glad to be accepted at Western- cheers to the class of 2019! I am so excited to get my acceptance packet in the mail!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1510392582568580/
I'm one of those people without a facebook (such a hipster
), but all the best for the group!Did you send your grades to the school directly or to the AADSAS. If you did it through AADSAS it might be better to send them to the schools directly. AADSAS closes and schools are not always so diligent getting information from the AADSAS as they are in the summer.
I sent them an email a couple weeks ago updating them on my course progress (just had final this week) and additional volunteer hours (can't do that through AADSAS). Now that I have my official grades I can get them sent out.
Just sent in the $1000 deposit
. See you all there! and good luck to those waiting, your time will come if you believe!
3
344521
Do you guys know if I can make a deposit by credit card?
Do you guys know if I can make a deposit by credit card?
yup you can !
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejection w/o an interview.
oGPA 3.4 sGPA 3.1
DAT: 20 TS/ 20 AA/ 26 PAT/ 23 RC
whatever🙁
Same here. I have two interviews coming up at stellar schools so I'm not that upset.
Same. Love how they said we weren't "recommended for an interview". I got into my top choice though and some other amazing schools and I'm sure you'll get into a great school too (you may have already I didn't look up your posts sorry) 🙂Rejection w/o an interview.
oGPA 3.4 sGPA 3.1
DAT: 20 TS/ 20 AA/ 26 PAT/ 23 RC
whatever🙁
okay, for those of you who already interviewed, and have been in the area, how was the interview? stressful or laid back? What kind of questions?
How's the area?
I also searched for a flight to pomona, and the closest airport it found was LAX. Does that mean we have to drive like an hour from airport to get to the campus?
How's the cost of living there?
How's the area?
I also searched for a flight to pomona, and the closest airport it found was LAX. Does that mean we have to drive like an hour from airport to get to the campus?
How's the cost of living there?
okay, for those of you who already interviewed, and have been in the area, how was the interview? stressful or laid back? What kind of questions?
How's the area?
I also searched for a flight to pomona, and the closest airport it found was LAX. Does that mean we have to drive like an hour from airport to get to the campus?
How's the cost of living there?
The interview was very laid back. One student, one professor. Low stress..
Definitely do not book your flight to LAX. Fly into Ontario instead. It's 15 min away from campus.
Best of luck!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 26
- Views
- 14K
- Replies
- 84
- Views
- 34K
- Replies
- 12
- Views
- 10K
