The Official Western University c/o 2019 Interview/Acceptance thread

Started by tnguyendo
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dang, that is a very fast turnaround time for them. Less than a week!
I didn't get a call, so I guess that's a waitlist or rejection.

FML...
 
Did you get a call from the faculty member who interviewed you?
No, I got a call from Dr. Andrews. She is the Assistant Dean. I had to look her up on the website because I didn't recognize the name and I don't remember seeing her there.
 
The officially last interview day is 2/13. Is it possible for Western to send out additional interviews after that date? 🙁 as I haven't heard anything from the school yet....
 
The officially last interview day is 2/13. Is it possible for Western to send out additional interviews after that date? 🙁 as I haven't heard anything from the school yet....


very slim chance, but later in the cycle, if they can't fill the class, they might send out more invites. But that's very unlikely..
sorry.
 
Does anyone know of a good place to start looking for roommates in the area? I'm moving from Florida and have no idea where to start!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Email your admissions coordinator. I think there's a website that you can look for used books, furniture, and roommates.
 
2.13 interview. Nothing yet.

I talked to one of the admissions counselors over the phone today. She said that they should've called everyone for acceptances last week. But she's not sure because the committee doesn't notify the admissions office about decisions or when they are made. Has anyone heard any news from the school?
 
I believe they call all of their acceptances, but also send an e-mail and package in the mail. They also send rejection letters through the snail mail, if I recall correctly, but I am unsure if those have been mailed out yet
 
I spoke with Admissions team, and they stated that the first wave of offers was given last week 16 and 17th. If some of them do no accept offer, the office will be calling the next applicants middle of this week and on.
 
has anyone from a pre-dec interview heard anything???!! I don't imagine hearing good news at this point haha
 
same here, feeling blue the whole day...
if it was waitlist, it wouldn't have felt this depressing i guess...
I thought in a previous post you had stated that Western might be the last school you wanted to attend...? Shouldn't you be a little relieved? :eyebrow:
 
I thought in a previous post you had stated that Western might be the last school you wanted to attend...? Shouldn't you be a little relieved? :eyebrow:

wow! Thanks for reminding. It didn't hurt me at all because it was my last school choice to attend 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
has anyone been able to contact someone who actually know what's going on?

At my interview on 7 Feb, they told us that everyone would know what their status is on by mid March. If you haven't heard anything, they want you to call after 15 March.
 
Do you by any chance know if it was along with rejection letters or are those by email? Or if we just don't get a hard copy letter we can assume...
 
I was told that something would be sent to me via mail by office person but i still havent received it yet. Is the alternate list something we have to do to formally accept it?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I accepted my alternate position. And yes in the alternate letter there is a paper that you have to mail back choosing whether you accept the position or decline 🙂