****The Official Western University Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

Haha I agree! Here's the thread I was referring to. Are you subscribed to this thread? You're awfully quick with the reponses :)

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=600897

Are we not all? Why do you think I'm up at 2AM in the morning? Hoping for some movement on this thread :laugh:

Joking aside though. Skimmed through the thread and looked at what Peerless said. Looks about right... April 17th was the second deposit for that year (this year it was April 16th if I recall correctly)
He said that they accepted all 64 deposits for their seats, and what that means to me is that they filled up all of their seats (64) and everyone has put down a deposit for those seats. As one person drops out, they will pick one from the alternate. I believe this year they have 79 seats (there was some discussion about this in earlier posts on this thread)
In 2009, they had 80 alternate applicants. So, what this means is without me rambling anymore...It would appear they are following the same trend. So all of their seats are full now (let's say, 79) and as one drops out, they will pick one off the alternate. Since they have a larger class size, I would imagine the alternate spot to be larger as well (guessing maybe 100 students?)

Peerless doesn't seem to mention anything about where he got the "pull names out of the lottery" from though. He just mentioned he went on a tour but doesn't tell us if it was a counselor, a dean, a current student, etc. I'm not saying that it can't happen, it may very well be, just that as you have said, take it with a grain of salt.

Edit: An interesting thing that I noticed that is sorta related is that Peerless appeared to have been accepted by Western for the 2009 cycle from off the waitlist. However, he still re-applied for the 2010 cycle and Western was one of the schools he applied to again... He was accepted to 2 other schools this time, but not Western. Wonder what's going on there. Really makes me question the legitimacy of what he is saying though. However, without background story I can't say that he is lying either. So we'll see.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Are we not all? Why do you think I'm up at 2AM in the morning? Hoping for some movement on this thread :laugh:

Joking aside though. Skimmed through the thread and looked at what Peerless said. Looks about right... April 17th was the second deposit for that year (this year it was April 16th if I recall correctly)
He said that they accepted all 64 deposits for their seats, and what that means to me is that they filled up all of their seats (64) and everyone has put down a deposit for those seats. As one person drops out, they will pick one from the alternate. I believe this year they have 79 seats (there was some discussion about this in earlier posts on this thread)
In 2009, they had 80 alternate applicants. So, what this means is without me rambling anymore...It would appear they are following the same trend. So all of their seats are full now (let's say, 79) and as one drops out, they will pick one off the alternate. Since they have a larger class size, I would imagine the alternate spot to be larger as well (guessing maybe 100 students?)

Peerless doesn't seem to mention anything about where he got the "pull names out of the lottery" from though. He just mentioned he went on a tour but doesn't tell us if it was a counselor, a dean, a current student, etc. I'm not saying that it can't happen, it may very well be, just that as you have said, take it with a grain of salt.

Edit: An interesting thing that I noticed that is sorta related is that Peerless appeared to have been accepted by Western for the 2009 cycle from off the waitlist. However, he still re-applied for the 2010 cycle and Western was one of the schools he applied to again... He was accepted to 2 other schools this time, but not Western. Wonder what's going on there. Really makes me question the legitimacy of what he is saying though. However, without background story I can't say that he is lying either. So we'll see.

I believe what happened was that he was waitlisted at both UOP and WesternU. Knowing that a waitlist + rejection @ UOP practically guarantees admission the following cycle, he applied to UOP. I'm sure he added WesternU and a few other schools on his list as a backup measure.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just took myself off the waitlist. accepted at another school. I hope it helps your chances random people still waiting.

Has anyone called recently? Do we know how many spots are still open??

I called admissions counselor few days ago, but she couldn't answer that question.

I also contacted them, but didn't really get any information. It doesn't seem like the class is full, because if it was I think they would tell us. I'm ready for the wait to be over!!!

Any acceptances recently or anyone call admissions office to find out how many spots are available as of today?

Does anyone know when was the second deposit due? April 15th?

Yes.

Look at my post, #143

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like they haven't sent any acceptances recently....

There should be a seat opening up for someone out here! I got accepted to the University of Iowa so I had to drop my seat at WesternU. Stay by your phones!

Thanks for the update! Congrats on your acceptance!!

I noticed on Western's Facebook Class of 2016 that people have been added over the past month or so.

I just wonder what that means, and if they were actually acceptances since the second deposit?

Time will tell with these things, I suppose. :xf:

Some of them are current students looking of roommates. So it's not entirely accurate.

does anyone call admissions office rencently to find out some info?

Just a hunch, and not to work everyone up (including myself) but maybe.... Waitlist = Acceptance on Friday?

I know last year and years before that they used ADEA update to notify students of acceptance on December 1st. If I recall correctly, "Please Check Back on Dec1" meant acceptance, and for others who were not accepted on December first, Western did not show up on their list.

Just a guess.

:xf::xf::luck::luck:

It could be true. But if everyone on here is receiving the same status, then I don't see it as likely. I just don't see them filling so many spots in one day.

But we shall see.

True - or, it could be the opposite. Everyone with Waitlist = Rejection?

Although, it is pretty late in the cycle... very late. I don't see them getting any more applications/interviews so any open spot can only be filled with waitlist students. And rumor has it (from previous years), Western likes to keep a decent number of seats open (as opposed to filling their class, then fill drop-out with waitlists). If this is true, then everyone here getting accepted might be possible. We have about 5 (or less) students who post frequently on this thread who is on the waitlist. That isn't too too many students. But again, we shall see.

I take it on no one has called or anything?

I just called.

They didn't mention anything about AADSAS, but I was told that there is no timeline and we can expect to hear back up to time of matriculation. (No surprise there). However, interestingly enough, she stated that notifications will be sent via mail.

Maybe now we can get some :sleep: and not freak out every time our phone vibrates? :D

Random off-topic question: anyone know where Briana Sanders (Admissions Coordinator/Advisor) went?

I emailed her a few weeks ago and she responded. Why what happened?

Hey Cedarz4, did they mention about how many opening spots are remaining as of today?

They don't disclose that info. Sucks, I know. But there's something to be said about not knowing. Kinda gives you hope ;)

As Darce101 has mentioned, they don't tell you. However, she did say that when students drop out, they will pull someone from the waitlist - which implies that the class is already full? Whether this is true or not, who knows.

In regards to Briana - I normally contact Briana and when I went to look for her number on the Contact Us page earlier, she is no longer listed there. Tried Googling her and she's not even on the WesternU Website anymore. Guess she moved elsewhere?

I hope we are able to hear something soon!! My AADSAS also says Wait listed.... I wonder if we will really hear by snail mail or if they will still call us??

As Darce101 has mentioned, they don't tell you. However, she did say that when students drop out, they will pull someone from the waitlist - which implies that the class is already full? Whether this is true or not, who knows.

In regards to Briana - I normally contact Briana and when I went to look for her number on the Contact Us page earlier, she is no longer listed there. Tried Googling her and she's not even on the WesternU Website anymore. Guess she moved elsewhere?

Don't lose your hope. I know last year someone got the acceptance late in the process, like a month before school started or something. I know waiting is the worst part but there's always hope.

In regards to Brianna, she no longer works for WesternU admissions office. She is now a part of the dental school's administration staff. she was proctoring one of our exams yesterday.

thanks lesko, it really means a lot. Waiting around is so exhausting because you literally put your all in hoping today is the day.. your words on this forum gave me and a couple of others encouragement, so thank you. :)

I just had a question not really related to Western but sort of. I went on the ADEA portal to look at the status for WesternU, and realized that you can no longer sign in to ADEA. Is my 2012 cycle application deleted, and I can't access that anymore? I have to wait until June 4th to create my 2013 application, or what's the deal.

If anyone know, please chime in. Thanks!

On a side note, I guess that means Western will probably not be updating via AADSAS :)laugh:) as I have speculated before.

That's peculiar...

Where I would normally sign in, instead of blanks for my Username and Password, there is a link to "Register for DENTPIN"

This is what it looks like for me, unless I'm doing something wrong.

2zflh05.png

I'm seeing the same screen...no login area at all!!! Why!?!?!

that's strange.. i'm able to access everything on my aadsas application.

I was able to log on up until this morning... Hopefully we will hear something from Western this week :)

I was able to log on up until this morning... Hopefully we will hear something from Western this week :)

x2 :thumbup::thumbup:

Tomorrow is Friday... :rolleyes:

On a more serious note: For those of you who were accepted (with or without phone call) was the letter they mailed you the standard envelope sized or one of those larger manila sized packages? Just to know what to look for since they mentioned they will be snail-mailing and not calling anymore.

Wow!!! Congrats!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Good job!

Did they call you?

No it was snail mail!!! I'm so excited. I hope you all hear back soon

That is so awesome to hear you got in!

I guess they weren't kidding about snail-mail.

When was it postmarked?

It will arrive in a regular sized envelope. Just FYI. :)

Last edited: