The Rearview Mirror: Match Day Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey McNinja, I might be getting this if I'm lucky and it doesn't sell too fast.
6Troet4tRadjmSrvVhuap9orrA6F.jpg
I posted this on another thread, but I'm so excited that I had to post it twice.

Members don't see this ad.

Todd, is that a 65? I don't recognize it very well.

Great car though, ready made for longboards.

Members don't see this ad :)
Finals next week and the week after for me :( Why are finals necessary?

Yeah, couldn't remember the nomenclature for the long ones. Of course, if you have it in Hawai'i, you need to Sawzall that beast.

That's another tool that's on my shopping list along with a mig welder.:D I could be going out to see it tomorrow or sunday. Interisland tickets are only 20 bucks one way.

Sold before I could even look at it. Apparently, someone had called before me yesterday and bought it today. I'm a little salty about it, but there's not much I can do anymore. That seriously is my dream car. Oh well, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for another.

I'm buying a Ford today.....wish me luck. :laugh:

Good luck DKM, and hope it goes better next time for you Todd!

Members don't see this ad :)
That or some crazy american may just manage to drive one there from the mainland. Just don't know if you want it at that point though.

That or some crazy american may just manage to drive one there from the mainland. Just don't know if you want it at that point though.
Hell, you're halfway to Japan, get one from them. Then you'll have a RHD FJ.

Phew...it's been a crazy couple of weeks now that school is officially done. Made a trip to the 'Natti and found myself a place to live. Now I'm just trying to get my paperwork/online training done before I leave for vacation next week (good friend's wedding followed by 2 weeks in Costa Rica). I get to come home to graduation, while hosting 14 family members (should be interesting). Then I have to actually move. 8 weeks off really isn't enough to get everything you want done. Anyways, hope everyone else is doing well!

Hey Todd. Time to drool.
jeep_safari_2007_016.jpg

jeep_safari_2007_014.jpg

Note, Jeep shown is not actually my Jeep, it just happens to be the same color and has the same lift and rims I want.

He's getting some pretty good articulation there. Great news for me today. That LC that I missed out on went back up on craigslist. Apparently the guys wife wasn't too happy when he came home with it. I already spoke to the guy and am gonna buy it tomorrow. My bro will be picking it up and keeping on the Big Island until I can get over there. I'm so excited that I got another chance. :hardy: :hardy: :hardy:

Edit: more pics can be found here http://honolulu.craigslist.org/big/car/322728141.html

Sweetness. See, it all works out in the end.

That's what I keep telling myself, anyway.

That's good to hear Todd!

And I understand how 8 weeks isn't a lot of time. I have somewhere close to that, and I was going to travel. Thankfully I found out that where I was going to travel this summer was the same location as an EM conference this fall (DO version), so I can just do the trip all at once. Things do seem to work out in the end. Unfortunately, I will miss a week of neuro for it. Hopefully I will have time to listen to the recordings.

Yesssssssssss! I got the pig (what FJ55 style LandCruiser is referred to as) and it is at my house on the big island. Here's one of it. That's my brother.
lcfrontex3.jpg

Graduation is today! I'm so excited to put med school behind me, I barely got any sleep. Then its off to find my new home. Should be a great day! :)

Graduation is today! I'm so excited to put med school behind me, I barely got any sleep. Then its off to find my new home. Should be a great day! :)

Congratulations! It may not sink in for a bit, but you've made it. In our society, now you've taken a step beyond - you are no more "Mister", but "Doctor".

What's funny is that, despite this "step up", your responsibilities to your fellow human are now greater. But, you know what? In the next 4 years, you will develop the tools to undertake those responsibilities and do well - very well!

Again, congratulations!

Congrats. I'll be in the same place in 2 days. :hardy:

Congrats, SG!! :clap:

My graduation is tomorrow. :D Just got back from our class picture, and I have to say that the robes are very Harry Potter-esque. Accio Diploma! :laugh:

Congrats, SG!! :clap:

My graduation is tomorrow. :D Just got back from our class picture, and I have to say that the robes are very Harry Potter-esque. Accio Diploma! :laugh:

Congrats everyone. Dr.T is in the house. :laugh:

Congrats to SG and ST for graduating. My graduation isn't until Jun 4 (wish it was earlier cuz I'm broke!) SG...good luck in Cinci and let me know if I can help in anyway. I'm sure you guys will find something sweet.

Congrats all! I still have 3 more years til I'm there :(

Got one test down, one more to go today...then on to study for the one tomorrow.

Congrats all! I still have 3 more years til I'm there :(

Got one test down, one more to go today...then on to study for the one tomorrow.

Hang in there. It goes by faster than you think. It wasn't long ago we were in your shoes. :)

Good luck DKM :luck: Thanks Hianmi, I've only seen one other vehicle of that kind in the islands. I can still hope though.
I wound up getting a Jeep Cherokee. I am very happy with it (mainly because it was my ride out of Indiana!)

Hang in there. It goes by faster than you think. It wasn't long ago we were in your shoes. :)

Awww...thanks!!! I now only have one week left of exams (4 total). That is, only if I pass them all, which after today, I'm not so sure :scared:

Just call me Dr.McNinja, M.D. Wait, does that seem awkward to anyone else?

socute, are you still thriving????

Sup peeps.. im back from purgatory of Medicine followed by trauma..

Status
Not open for further replies.