The Rearview Mirror: Match Day Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I matched! I'm gonna be an EM physician! Wooohoooooo!
Ok, now its time for the suspense of Match Day.... :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats! you matched.

i don't have to do an anoscopy internship at podunk university

Uh, yeah. Durrrrr

Can't live with us, can't propogate the species without us...
That old argument? Pleeassse.

And as for being an "expert" in anything, well, I'm dumber than a box of crackers, so good luck geting me to fix anything. :rolleyes:

That old argument? Pleeassse.

And as for being an "expert" in anything, well, I'm dumber than a box of crackers, so good luck geting me to fix anything. :rolleyes:

Umm...I do recall that you are QUITE the expert lightbulb changer :).

And that OLD argument happens to be TRUE :p.

They send an email too if you can't get on the site.

After a dramatic pause.... (thanks internet)...
I matched!

And congrats to those that did match! It gives me some hope for my future...well maybe...probably not.

My biggest suspense right now is to see if I passed the exam I took this morning. Probably have to wait til Wed or Thurs though...glad it wasn't as long as a wait as you all had to have.

Members don't see this ad :)
There's lots of people that posted in this thread that I've never heard from. You all better keep posting in here!!!

Woo hoo, congrats you have matched. Sorry to hear about the scramble stuff. Good luck to you guys.
Drakken

Well, unfortunately, we are still mirroring each other. And the regional statistics thread does not make me feel any better.

Darn McNinja! As I mentioned to sweet tea in the other thread, I wish you all the luck in the world! I really can't believe it but the couple's match can be a b$tch, I guess. I am really sorry. My thoughts will be with you both tomorrow afternoon.

Good luck to you too Ninja.

I'm scrambling. :(

:( I'm so sorry hon. (((HUGS))) I'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed for you. Buzz me if you need anything.

Best of luck Ninja

I am scrambling too! :( :( :( F F F
ST and Ninja, I am with you guys. May we all have crazy good :luck: tomorrow. :scared:
ncc

I hope things go better for you in the scramble ninja!!!! So sorry they didn't work out this time.

So, obviously I am completely new to this whole match thing...just out of curiosity, what does a person do if the scramble doesn't work/ if all the spots are already full? I don't mean to wish this on anyone or give anyone bad luck, but after hearing all this stuff today, I am a little concerned. Thanks!

matched... :D

Only 3.5 more months left in internship, then get to start my "real" job!

good luck to all those who have to scramble. Unfortunately, it looks like you may have your jobs set out for you! :luck: :luck: :luck:

I am scrambling too! :( :( :( F F F
ST and Ninja, I am with you guys. May we all have crazy good :luck: tomorrow. :scared:
ncc

Good luck to you too.

I was hoping to not see this many on SDN...i'll be praying for you all.

Congrats to those that matched and bummer to those that didn't yet. As a former scrambler myself, please let me know if you have any questions about what will happen tomorrow. Six spots and 3 SDNers. Tough for everyone else.

matched and now feeling much luckier than anticipated. i'm very surprised and humbled to see SDN folks that i know to be informed and enthusiastic about EM scrambling....all the best :( :luck:

the numbers indicate EM was extremely competitive this year. would be curious to know if the "magic number" of ranks held up this time around.

matched and now feeling much luckier than anticipated. i'm very surprised and humbled to see SDN folks that i know to be informed and enthusiastic about EM scrambling....all the best :( :luck:

the numbers indicate EM was extremely competitive this year. would be curious to know if the "magic number" of ranks held up this time around.

Ranked 13, so unless the magic number went up, no.

And I ranked 12 unsucessfully. damn

Man...I matched but this day has been far from happy. I wish all of you that have to scramble the best. It has been a very humbling day finding out that some of my closest friends have to scramble as well. Good luck everyone. :(

ST, you did couples match? How the **** are you supposed to scramble if you don't know where your significant other matched yet? That's screwed up, I'm really sorry :(

I HATE Chase...it was so much better as just Bank One. I used to be able to make credit card payments the night it was due with no problem. Can't do that with Chase...it seems anything after 4pm is considered late. I just paid off the balance and now I'm gonna get a frickin late fee (and it was a substantial sum)!

ST, you did couples match? How the **** are you supposed to scramble if you don't know where your significant other matched yet? That's screwed up, I'm really sorry :(

No, I'm not couples matching. My fiancé is a second year resident in peds now, and I really, really wanted to go where he is.

I HATE Chase...it was so much better as just Bank One. I used to be able to make credit card payments the night it was due with no problem. Can't do that with Chase...it seems anything after 4pm is considered late. I just paid off the balance and now I'm gonna get a frickin late fee (and it was a substantial sum)!

I hate Chase too. But at least you paid off the balance, I'm a long way from that. :(

ST, anything I can do to help you with getting ready for tomorrow?

I hate Chase too. But at least you paid off the balance, I'm a long way from that. :(

Well I still have another card that has a higher balance. That one will take longer to pay off. I'm just glad I'm able to pay it...of course it's at the expense of my much desired trip to Australia. :( But I guess it's worth it for the things I'd like to purchase next year.

Well I still have another card that has a higher balance. That one will take longer to pay off. I'm just glad I'm able to pay it...of course it's at the expense of my much desired trip to Australia. :( But I guess it's worth it for the things I'd like to purchase next year.

True. I can't afford to go on a big trip in the 2 months I have between graduation and July 1 (my birthday also by the way). And I have to make sure I don't buy all the stuff I want to buy next year. :)

Yeah, I got totally wasted the night before the scramble. Luckily all my contact with potential programs was over the phone the next day. I looked pretty damn rough.

I've been in that situation once and I was mad about it so I called the 800 number on the back of the card. I asked them if they could take off the late fee and they did. I think you get one "grace" late fee removal. Try it. Especially mention that you paid off the card. I bet if you talk with a supervisor it'll work! Let me know how it goes!

Yeah, I got totally wasted the night before the scramble. Luckily all my contact with potential programs was over the phone the next day. I looked pretty damn rough.

My friends just came over with a new bottle of gin. And then we went out for margaritas. And oh yeah my mom is here with me. Good times.

My friends just came over with a new bottle of gin. And then we went out for margaritas. And oh yeah my mom is here with me. Good times.

Aww. Nothing like good friends and close family. Good luck tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.