The Republic of Texas XXVI: Big Trucks, Big Guns, Big Pride

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's been that dissapointing of a prankster day... even google let me down with their cadie... last year's virgle had me giggling all week, and the paper gmail thing was priceless. but this year: lame.)

I think it was two years ago, gmail's prank was you could predate e-mails...so if you missed a birthday or whatever, you could send the email but it would be dated earlier. It, sadly, took me a hour before I realized it was a joke. I kept on thinking that somehow that was not possible.....

Members don't see this ad.

You have -6175 Reputation point(s) *whimpers*

I had a comment from you though under feedback on my profile... hmmm...
Haha, I didn't know we could see who left us comments. :oops:
Sorry guys.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha, I didn't know we could see who left us comments. :oops:
Sorry guys.

haha, how'd ya get the ten year member badge?
i think one of the holiday-prank's creators has a sno crush! :love: :laugh:

haha, how'd ya get the ten year member badge?
i think one of the holiday-prank's creators has a sno crush! :love: :laugh:

I have a 10 yr + badge on mine and I think I have had this account maybe a year or so... who knows- I certainly hope no one has a crush on me!

Maybe they just know that I have wanted to be a doctor for over 10 years :confused:

I feel slow for not understanding how karma/reputation points are an April Fool's joke.

The 10+ year badge was a lame(?) idea for a joke. I'm glad that April Fools day is almost over. Call me a curmudgeon, but I have a hard time putting up with tomfoolery.

The 10+ year badge was a lame(?) idea for a joke. I'm glad that April Fools day is almost over. Call me a curmudgeon, but I have a hard time putting up with tomfoolery.

totally agree!

anyone catch the US world cup qualifier last night?

n9202743_37603430_959990.jpg

:)

anyone catch the US world cup qualifier last night?

Nah, usually with soccer I just catch the highlights if anything, as imo there's usually less than 30 seconds of anything worth seeing in any given game. It's just above NASCAR and golf on my list of "Why do people watch this sport again?" spectator sports. Glad the home team won though:).

Members don't see this ad :)
Nah, usually with soccer I just catch the highlights if anything, as imo there's usually less than 30 seconds of anything worth seeing in any given game. It's just above NASCAR and golf on my list of "Why do people watch this sport again?" spectator sports. Glad the home team won though:).
Meh, I feel like there's more to it than that, considering every other country in the world considers it the best sport ever. Just like with anything, you have to have an interest in who plays.

Well, so-long UT-H. Withdrew from the waitlist this morning. Of the three I was holding (along with UTHSCSA and UTSW), UTH was the only one that I could not ever see myself going to under any circumstances over Baylor.

Good luck to everyone still waiting on waitlists :)

Well, so-long UT-H. Withdrew from the waitlist this morning. Of the three I was holding (along with UTHSCSA and UTSW), UTH was the only one that I could not ever see myself going to under any circumstances over Baylor.

A martyr for the rest of us.

*still crossing fingers for 7:01 today*

Haha well duh.

I showed some restraint at the grocery store tonight and bought 3 bags of candy for myself instead of 4.

connect peoples noses to the side of their heads with a big flap of skin?
Haha, well probably not that, specifically, but give them a face after a horrible injury took half of it. That's a pretty cool link.

I almost showed restraint today by not getting out of bed. Then I checked my blackberry calendar and saw I had two tests today (which I didn't study for, and probably failed, but whatever) and I had to walk to class in the rain (it was storming this morning in Austin)....ahhh fml.

any of you ags going to the OPSA professional school acceptance reception?

I'm upset that I'm too busy at work to take a day off tomorrow to go to the Shell Houston Open.. :(

I almost showed restraint today by not getting out of bed. Then I checked my blackberry calendar and saw I had two tests today (which I didn't study for, and probably failed, but whatever) and I had to walk to class in the rain (it was storming this morning in Austin)....ahhh fml.

students.png

i've long graduated from college, but i continue to have this dream.

I never had those dreams; it just seemed to happen to me in real life.. :scared:

Once we were heading to the recreation center to play basketball and luckily we drove by the building the test was in.. I saw people in my class, grabbed a pencil out of the car, and winged it on a numerical methods exam....

I never had those dreams; it just seemed to happen to me in real life.. :scared:

Once we were heading to the recreation center to play basketball and luckily we drove by the building the test was in.. I saw people in my class, grabbed a pencil out of the car, and winged it on a numerical methods exam....

Woah...I bet that was fun. :eek:

Those of ya'll suffering senioritis...what are you doing to help remedy the situation? I just have NO motivation to learn right now. I rarely sit thru class without either goofing off on the internet or doing the sudoku of the day. During one class I got thru an entire episode of CSI Miami on my ipod touch, but attendance in that class is required--those stupid clicker quizzes. Yeah, I think my case is pretty bad :oops:, but I've still got B's in all my classes so I guess it hasn't gotten too bad yet??

I'm in one senior-level class where the teacher asks the class questions during lecture, followed by long and *awkward* periods of silence...we're all thinking, come on, somebody please just say something. Yeah, it sucks, but the prof has pop quizzes cuz he just knows we aint gonna be showing up otherwise.

I guess I'm just ranting. If anyone has found anything at all to be helpful in battling this disease, it would be much appreciated!

Those of ya'll suffering senioritis...what are you doing to help remedy the situation? I just have NO motivation to learn right now. I rarely sit thru class without either goofing off on the internet or doing the sudoku of the day. During one class I got thru an entire episode of CSI Miami on my ipod touch, but attendance in that class is required--those stupid clicker quizzes. Yeah, I think my case is pretty bad :oops:, but I've still got B's in all my classes so I guess it hasn't gotten too bad yet??

I'm in one senior-level class where the teacher asks the class questions during lecture, followed by long and *awkward* periods of silence...we're all thinking, come on, somebody please just say something. Yeah, it sucks, but the prof has pop quizzes cuz he just knows we aint gonna be showing up otherwise.

I guess I'm just ranting. If anyone has found anything at all to be helpful in battling this disease, it would be much appreciated!

haha, nope haven't got any solutions, but i'll join you in the problem!

I thought about it but I don't know too many pre-meds so I think it'd be pretty awkward. We should have our own reception at a bar! :D

And that dream comic cracked me up- I have that dream once a week. I wake up in a cold sweat and then realize I'm STILL on the path to graduating. I will say I forgot to turn in a paper by the midnight due date a few weeks ago and sent it in at like 2 in the morning w/ a long response about how I really need to graduate because I'm going to med school and I really need the credit. The class? A one-hour pass/fail pilates class. I couldn't even fathom the idea of not passing it and not graduating...:rolleyes: Thank God she accepted the paper!

I am having the worst time getting to class. The only thing that is lighting a fire under my butt is the fact that I have all sorts of papers due in the next few weeks, and I'm feeling the pressure.

So far, the grades have been kept up by what can only be described as an act of mercy from the professors. I swear, I was sitting in instrumental analysis the other day, and the professor asks, "what is a system of conjugated double bonds?" A class full of chemistry majors. No one said a word. :laugh: I had to say something because I seriously felt bad for the professor, who was looking at us in total bewilderment and frustration.

I thought about it but I don't know too many pre-meds so I think it'd be pretty awkward.

haha, that is EXACTLY what i was thinking, which is why i thought i'd ask on here!!!

I swear, I was sitting in instrumental analysis the other day, and the professor asks, "what is a system of conjugated double bonds?" A class full of chemistry majors. No one said a word. :laugh:

oh man i wish i had been there... those are my favorite kind of excruciating silences.

oh man i wish i had been there... those are my favorite kind of excruciating silences.

It was priceless, my friend.

It's like going out on a date - you know, one of the later ones where you two are going along great, laughing and having a good time - and leaning in for that first kiss, and letting one rip.

Yeah, it's kinda like that.

It was priceless, my friend.

It's like going out on a date - you know, one of the later ones where you two are going along great, laughing and having a good time - and leaning in for that first kiss, and letting one rip.

Yeah, it's kinda like that.

LOL, once again my maturity shines through as I laugh way too hard at that post....

I think that class of 2013 should pass the torch to the class of 2014...let them name it and run with it.

I think I am. Karen's helped me a lot the last 3 years, plus it sounded like a good way to meet some Aggies who are headed to LBK.

Edit: Dang, I just read that y'all aren't going. I could converse with a brick wall so it won't bother that I don't know anyone - plus why the heck would you skip out on FREE fajitas.
Psh. I'm totally going.

w00t, just passed the 1000th post!!! :D

So, new name time?
There were 2 or 3 good suggestions before this one came out of nowhere..

I'll use time at work to dig them up later unless someone beats me to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.