The Sept/Oct Submitters Club: What have YOU heard from schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aclementine

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think there's a couple of us here. When did you guys submit?

I just submitted my AADSAS in last week, everything is good to go except one of my references. How's everyone else doing?

Members don't see this ad.

There was an issue with my transcripts, and thus GPA calculations. Everything is paid and ready, just waiting for my application to be sent out. What are my chances with my stats? :)

my LORs jsut got sent last week.. =(

Members don't see this ad :)
1. How long does AADSAS verification of your GPA take after receiving transcripts?

2. How long ADA take to send your official DAT scores after receiving the request?

3. Once LORs and Transcripts are received, is there any more waiting time before applications are mailed to schools?

1. How long does AADSAS verification of your GPA take after receiving transcripts?

2. How long ADA take to send your official DAT scores after receiving the request?

3. Once LORs and Transcripts are received, is there any more waiting time before applications are mailed to schools?

I submitted in late August, and here from my experience:

1. About 3 weeks
2. I just took my DAT 2 days ago, but I've heard anywhere from 2-4 weeks.
3. Once the LORs and transcripts are received, you have to wait for the transcripts to be verified and the GPA's to be calculate, which takes 2-3 weeks. Then, it seems that they wait another week or two before mailing it out. My status on AADSAS gave a mailing date of 9/21/09, when everything else was all ready by 9/4 or 9/5.

I submitted in late August, and here from my experience:

1. About 3 weeks
2. I just took my DAT 2 days ago, but I've heard anywhere from 2-4 weeks.
3. Once the LORs and transcripts are received, you have to wait for the transcripts to be verified and the GPA's to be calculate, which takes 2-3 weeks. Then, it seems that they wait another week or two before mailing it out. My status on AADSAS gave a mailing date of 9/21/09, when everything else was all ready by 9/4 or 9/5.

WOW, from the looks of it, my app will be mailed near the beginning of November. Is it actually true that most offers have been handed out near that time? What kind of chance do I have with a 22/22/22, 3.55cum, 3.51sci?

alcemintine as adea received your transcripts yet? once they receive those they calculate GPA. once they get your GPA you just have to wait for adea to send out your aadsas. then guess what - it's another waiting game... your stats are pretty good mine are

-

we're pretty much in the same boat :) . I guess if we do get secondary requests we need to do them w/in a day and have them out asap to even ensure an interview :) . GL I'm rootin' for ya

Last edited:
Submitted/paid 9/15 and will be mailed 10/5. I retake the DAT next week....good luck everyone:thumbup:

omg, I just got gpa verified... they're going faster than I thought!

btw, what's the point of having bcp and sci gpa?? I thought they were the same, but apparently not... which one is more important/more schools use?

Last edited:
it depends from school to school... bcp and sci should be very similar... jmt how did you find out that they were going to mail 10/5? Where is that written...

it depends from school to school... bcp and sci should be very similar... jmt how did you find out that they were going to mail 10/5? Where is that written...

It must be based on the "mailed after 3 weeks" guideline because I can't see it on mine either.

is there anything else we should be doing? I'm GPA verified, DAT scores sent, and my letters are in... should I pay each school's additional processing fee or wait for them to contact me first?

Members don't see this ad :)
is there anything else we should be doing? I'm GPA verified, DAT scores sent, and my letters are in... should I pay each school's additional processing fee or wait for them to contact me first?

I would look at the supplemental information on AADSAS for the schools you applied to. Some schools want you to send in a supp. app and fee at the same time you submit your AADSAS, and others want you to wait.

After my GPA was calculated, (maybe a week later?) under the "date mailed" column 10/5 was written. I think someone said it in an earlier post, its something like 2 mondays after your GPA is calculated.

Submitted 9/15, mailing date is 10/5, but just got an acknowledged receipt of application from UMDNJ.

I'm still waiting on two LORS that should be sent out this week. Anyone know if interviews are ever offered before LORS are in?

i think it would be useful if all of us sept/oct submitters create a predent.com profile. it's really useful to gauge where you stand compared to other applicants as it lists all academic info, date submitted, etc.

for the record, my AADSAS was completed on 9-18, and schools got my LOR's a week later.

only half of my schools have sent confirmation emails, and only half of those schools even listed an update on AADSAS.

have you received any updates from BU or Tufts?

i think it would be useful if all of us sept/oct submitters create a predent.com profile. it's really useful to gauge where you stand compared to other applicants as it lists all academic info, date submitted, etc.

for the record, my AADSAS was completed on 9-18, and schools got my LOR's a week later.

only half of my schools have sent confirmation emails, and only half of those schools even listed an update on AADSAS.

for tufts from my AADSAS:
Tufts University (TUF) MA 09/25/2009 Received/Under Review

from Bu, only an email stating they received my App, no indication whether or not it's complete.

that's intersting....cuz my app. was also sent out on Sept.25th and I haven't heard a word since.

App sent 9/19 and GPA verified 9/28 and should be mailed in two weeks!!!!

So it's 2 weeks from when your GPA is calculated?

Also, I read in another thread that Pitt looks at applications are relatively late in this whole process, so the few of us that applied late are less at a disadvantage

that's intersting....cuz my app. was also sent out on Sept.25th and I haven't heard a word since.

Same with me, it went out Sept 25th but I haven't heard from most schools. Only about 2 or 3 have emailed me saying they've recieved it. :mad:

Can I join this club? Hehehe...
I submitted on 8/20 and mailed on 9/25.... Loooooooong process!!!

So far, I got email notifications from Uni. of MD, Nova, LLU, UoP, Midwestern, and VA Comm. Uni. I'm working on secondaries for all these except VA Comm. Uni. and UoP.

I've mailed my secondaries to Creighton and Western at the first week of Sept.

Now.... Be patient and will call the other schools for updates!!!

Good luck all...

When did most people recieve e-mail notification that thier application was received? (How long after submitting to aadsas)​

When did most people recieve e-mail notification that thier application was received? (How long after submitting to aadsas)​

AADSAS mailed to schools: 9-14-09

Application complete emails:
- Harvard: 9-29-09
- UNLV: 10-2-09
- UoP: 9-25-09
- Tufts (via AADSAS): 9-25-09

still waiting for confirmations from BU, UConn, & UPenn

What's everyone's top choice for school?

i feel like, as a september submitter, i won't really have a "choice" it's so late in the game.

does anyone else feel completely disheartened about the timing of applying? it's so late, and it seems everyone else on SDN is getting interviews :(

mine is UF as you can see by the name :)

I dunno - I wouldn't say I'm disheartened, I just know that I can't be picky. I have a bit of extras, and my scores are above average on all the schools I've applied to. We just have to be realistic. We probably won't get interviews pre-Dec 1st. And if we do, congrats :) .

What are your stats? I have them on my signature but they keep disappearing?

[edit]

for my stats they are up higher on the posts, what's your top school?

Last edited:
What are your stats? I have them on my signature but they keep disappearing?

i used to have my stats on my signature, but i had that problem too, so i just created a predents profile :)

if you look at my predents profile (on the left under my avatar), that has my stats.

regardless of my stats, applying 3 months after everyone else somewhat negates them. my pre-health advisor even said that i should wait to apply next year because it's too late - that's just the way of rolling admissions. ugh.

What's everyone's top choice for school?

i feel like, as a september submitter, i won't really have a "choice" it's so late in the game.

does anyone else feel completely disheartened about the timing of applying? it's so late, and it seems everyone else on SDN is getting interviews :(

A little....I decided at the last minute to apply this cycle. My top (and only school) is UNC...I wouldn't worry too much about everyone else, the people on this website only make up a part of the whole applicant pool and the people here are overachievers (most anyways, IMHO)

my top choices are a little ambitious for my stats, but my wife is currently applying to law school at all the ivy's (which she will likely get into), so i've applied to all of them (Columbia, UPenn, Harvard) plus Tufts, BU, UConn, UoP, and UNLV.

I'm a nevada resident, so i will likely get into UNLV SDM no sweat. but again, i'd like to be with my wife who will either end up at a law school in NYC, Boston, New Haven, or San Frany.

the other schools.....my expectations are very very low. i dream, though, of getting admitted to Columbia :oops:

your GPA's aren't like, stellar, but holy **** you destroyed your DAT! I'm rootin for ya... rolling admissions do suck, but if you look at it the other way, why else are the application deadlines in nov/dec/jan

your GPA's aren't like, stellar

that's what you get when you're an engineering major. ugh

thanks for rootin. i am rooting for everyone else in this forum too :xf:

about the deadlines -- my pre-health professor says that they are somewhat arbitrary, used more as a final cutoff. he cites a specific med school that has it's deadline on Nov. 15th, but they have already interviewed and placed their students by Oct. 15th. obviously med school apps are a little different, but you get the idea.

:confused:I have a question about NYU, I read somewhere that they require 100 hours of shadowing, but I don't have that many hours yet ( I'm still shadowing my dentist). But I have volunteered at other places and do have many hours.. I haven't sent in my supp. fee yet b/c I've been debating if it's even worth it since I don't actually have the 100 hr shadowing?

I believe that as long as you show that you are on your way to said hours, you should be good. Of course, they will want to have proof before you enroll in the fall that you have in fact completed 100 hours.

Hey also, how long does it take to send out your App after GPAs have been calculated?

I believe that as long as you show that you are on your way to said hours, you should be good. Of course, they will want to have proof before you enroll in the fall that you have in fact completed 100 hours.

Hey also, how long does it take to send out your App after GPAs have been calculated?

Mine took about two weeks from the day I submitted it online. I think it was just a few days, maybe 5 ish? after GPA was calculated.

was a mailing date specified before it was mailed, or was it just mailed. i'm getting pretty antsy :(

was a mailing date specified before it was mailed, or was it just mailed. i'm getting pretty antsy :(

yup, it was. They write the mailing date under Dental School Designations a few days before it's supposed to be mailed out.

Soooooo....
Any luck for the late submitters ?

my application was sent out earlier, but my LOR was sent out in september...finished secondary application by september 1st (except Upenn, secondary was done by 9/15). applied to 5 schools, and got invited for an interview from case and nova dental school. about a week ago, upenn and NYU gave me the notification saying that my app is completed. temple application was completed by the second week of september...

Last edited:
what are y'all's updates?

ugh my primaries send out TOMORROW... but columbia, maryland, and umnj have sent me confirmations that my aadsas has been received... weird huh?

what are y'all's updates?

ugh my primaries send out TOMORROW... but columbia, maryland, and umnj have sent me confirmations that my aadsas has been received... weird huh?

as of today (10-13-09):

-UNLV interview invite for Nov. 5th
-Uconn - app recieived (AADSAS)10-13
-UPenn - app received and reviewing - snail mail 10-5
-Harvard - reveiwing, email confirmation 2 weeks ago (i've lost hope for Harvard though, they're rejecting peeps wit 25 AA and 3.8 sGPA's)
-Columbia - app received and reveiwing (phonecall, not addsas) - last week
-Tufts- still waiting for letters - :thumbdown:
-BU - NOTHING
-UoP - reveiwing

AADSAS Mailing date 10/05
so far:
Bunch of secondaries to do, UCLA, UCSF (This one is murdering me, I am tired of thinking and writing...), ASDOH
Nova Interview invite received 10/13 (I was surprised to hear from any one that fast :D !!) for End January.

.Just E-submitted my application on 10/15. Considering that AADSAS says processing may take up to 4-8 weeks, I probably have like a 0.5% chance of an interview. Good luck to the rest of you. .

it will probably take less time than that. there are fewer applications to process and you might just be in luck. a lot of us submitters had quick processing, and quick GPA calculations. you might be alright - and yeah what are your stats that might help :)

your chance of getting a predecember yeah are .05%... but a post can still be likely