The Sept/Oct Submitters Club: What have YOU heard from schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Um so i woke up this morning and felt like adding Harvard.. lol

10/19 Harvard submitted..

everything is there.. app + DAT scores + LORs.. so hopefully it'll be sent out next mailing cycle. My parents laughed at me when i told them :p.. might as well try before it's too late.. even tho i feel like it's really late.

Members don't see this ad.

My stats are average, it hasn't been verified by AADSAS but my GPA= 3.55, sGPA= 3.45, and AA=20, TS=21, and PAT=17

Members don't see this ad :)
Have all pre-December interviews already been handed out? predents.com used to have a list of how many people have interviewed at a particular school, but it's down right now :( I know it's self-reported, but how accurate is the data?

it is not safe to assume that predents.com represents a random sample of applicants. in fact, i think it's skewed toward students with higher stats who'd be comfortable posting their info.

just my $0.02

it is not safe to assume that predents.com represents a random sample of applicants. in fact, i think it's skewed toward students with higher stats who'd be comfortable posting their info.

just my $0.02

You are absolutely right. If you just looked at predents, you would think that the DAT is an easy test. The average would probably be a 20 or even 21. Which is like 90th percentile!!! Let's take NYU for example, predents shows that approximately 80 interviews have been given out and the average stats of the interviewees are incredibly high. NYU has 230 spots to fill, so don't think that every student they interview has the typical "predents.com" stats.

My stats are average, it hasn't been verified by AADSAS but my GPA= 3.55, sGPA= 3.45, and AA=20, TS=21, and PAT=17

hahaha, AVERAGE!?! Numerically, average DAT is 17.... So shut up. Your stats are strong. PAT is low, but I have seen plenty of cases where 17 is overlooked.

A more proper description of your stats would be, you are the "average" competitive applicant

the name of this thread should be the "the September/October Submitters-Depression-OCD-check-my-email-every-five-minutes Club.

the waiting is killing me. :mad:

any word from anyone else? the 5-week deadline is coming up for me (what i mean is most schools have had my app for at least 5 weeks now, which is the normal turnaround for review and response).

yeah definately checking that email every like 5 seconds...

it's just that waiting game D: ... hajbandeh keep in mind that our late game puts us at the end of the line. some of the schools that we applied to are already backed up as it is... just part of the process... your scores are great if i remember correctly - you'll be alright

it was strange, umdnj received my aadsas like 6 days before my aadsas was sent out... peculiar i know... maybe some schools take both the electronic and snail mail versions? like umdnj only needs electronic which sends out first? who knows...

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
it was strange, umdnj received my aadsas like 6 days before my aadsas was sent out... peculiar i know... maybe some schools take both the electronic and snail mail versions? like umdnj only needs electronic which sends out first? who knows...

VCU - app received /
Nova - app received, 2ndary requested / completed
Harvard - app received / completed
UMDNJ / app received / completed
UF - app received / 2ndary requested /
UConn - app received /
Maryland - app received / completed
CUL - app received / completed

haven't heard anything from pitt or unc

uf, umdnj, and nova (that dual degree is intriguing) are my top choices however, and those 3 have given me responses - so I am pretty pleased

You might have to take the mcat...i know Case you def have to..

You might have to take the mcat...i know Case you def have to..

I'm pretty sure you don't. For Case, definately MCAT is required. but I don't think you need it for NOVA. and if so, then scratch that because i am not taking the MCAT... ever

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I applied really late in the cycle... early October... but my grades are still not verified. I called AADSAS to check the status of my application but all they tell me is that it takes 4-8 weeks for my application to be mailed out ;(
But I noticed that it took many of the people here less than a month to get their grades verified. And whenever I call the AADSAS people, they sound so annoyed and give me very vague answers. Is there a way to find out the status of my application in detail? How long did it take for your grades to get verified and application to be sent out?

mailed out on 10/15,

invited for interview from NOVA, which they scheduled me for FEBURARY!!!
wat is this? do i have chance to get in???

anybody heard back from UIC? i didn't get any email from them asking for application fee.. hmm

If you didn't have a chance NOVA wouldn't waste the time inviting you for an interview :)
Best of luck to you.

Hey guys,

I applied really late in the cycle... early October... but my grades are still not verified. I called AADSAS to check the status of my application but all they tell me is that it takes 4-8 weeks for my application to be mailed out ;(
But I noticed that it took many of the people here less than a month to get their grades verified. And whenever I call the AADSAS people, they sound so annoyed and give me very vague answers. Is there a way to find out the status of my application in detail? How long did it take for your grades to get verified and application to be sent out?

I submitted on 10/12 (my transcripts were received on 10/15, requested a week earlier), verified on 10/26, mailed out on 11/02. :( No change for Dec 1.

I submitted on 10/12 (my transcripts were received on 10/15, requested a week earlier), verified on 10/26, mailed out on 11/02. :( No change for Dec 1.

omg, I submitted on 10/08... and my grades are not verified yet! I sent my transcripts like a few months ago and they received them a few months ago too. My LORs are submitted... I don't know why it is still taking so long... I'm getting really worried. Thanks for your reply though :)

I submitted my application late september and it got mailed out on october 2nd, i got an interview at howard on november 2nd (in a 5 days) and for the rest of the school i have send them their fee's.... other than that, i really haven't herd much...

omg, I submitted on 10/08... and my grades are not verified yet! I sent my transcripts like a few months ago and they received them a few months ago too. My LORs are submitted... I don't know why it is still taking so long... I'm getting really worried. Thanks for your reply though :)

you need to call them. my grades were verified in less than 2 weeks. on top of that, you need to wait more time AFTER your GPA is calculated. sucks I know but you need to take care of it now

guys i have a question:

is aadsas status accurate?

only 2 of my schoosl show completed early oct.. I have not heard from anyone yet. =(

guys i have a question:

is aadsas status accurate?

only 2 of my schoosl show completed early oct.. I have not heard from anyone yet. =(

most schools i've applied to do not update the AADSAS status at all, so imo, do not use AADSAS as the sole indicator of your app status. call the schools, check you email/mail, etc.

for example, i got an interview at UNLV SDM, but my AADSAS still says "waiting for additional materials" for UNLV.

I need to join this club. I submitted September and was mailed 10/05. So far what I know:

UW - application received
UCSF - secondary completed/application complete
UCLA - secondary completed
UoP - application received
USC - application received/under review
Tufts - application received/under review
BU - application received
NYU - application received/waiting for additional info
Columbia - application received
UPenn - supplement completed

I need to join this club. I submitted September and was mailed 10/05. So far what I know:

UW - application received
UCSF - secondary completed/application complete
UCLA - secondary completed
UoP - application received
USC - application received/under review
Tufts - application received/under review
BU - application received
NYU - application received/waiting for additional info
Columbia - application received
UPenn - supplement completed

Hey does UPenn update their status on AADSAS? I haven't heard anything from them other than the mail saying they hadn't received my fee and supp. application.

AADSAS mailed 9/21, DAT on Oct. 7. Nova interview Jan 8, NYU interview received today for Nov. 10-20

dds10: no idea. i was on the fence about applying to upenn but finally decided to suck it up and apply, so that one in particular got in really late. i haven't gotten anything either.

paulie: congrats! that's a really fast turnaround :) gives the rest of us some hope!

Yea, I thought it was kind of strange though. An email today for an interview between Nov. 10-20. I've got to book a flight soon. Can't wait get some relief from the heat

Alrighty. AADSAS mailed 9/21 and now two interviews. NYU received yesterday and scheduled today for 11/23 and Midwestern received a few weeks ago and scheduled for 12/9.

I do not mean to disrespect anyone or cause alarm but I am curious what the consensus on # of interviews received at this point for everyone out of # of schools applied to out of this pool. As for me, I applied to 9; 2 interviews, 3 rejections and 4 remaining to be seen.

Midwestern - interview
NYU - interview
ATSU - reject
UNLV - reject
Colorado - reject
UW, UoP, Western, OHSU - waiting (although OHSU sent me that competitive letter and then nothing).

Thanks for your input everyone.

AADSAS mailed 9/21, DAT on Oct. 7. Nova interview Jan 8, NYU interview received today for Nov. 10-20

When did you receive your application complete email from NYU?

October 30th app complete at NYU (which was longer than the other schools).

-david

Well at this point for me, AADSAS mailed 9/21:

OU: Interviewed 10/21
Baylor: Interview 11/13
Columbia: Application Complete 9/29
Harvard: Application Complete 10/20
USC: Application Complete 10/7
BU: Application Received 9/21

So I applied to 6, got 2 interviews, and haven't heard anything from the rest yet. :xf:

AADSAS mailed 10/05

NYU Under Review 11/06
UW Supplementary App received 11/09

AADSAS mailed 10/05

NYU Under Review 11/06
UW Supplementary App received 11/09

sassykat-did you get app complete email from nyu? I also got under review update 11/6 but no email.

i did, i got the "Application Complete" email on 11/03..i'm sure you're okay but you could call them to double check

sassykat-did you get app complete email from nyu? I also got under review update 11/6 but no email.

I haven't received the app. complete email as well but I did get the status change to under review on 11/6.

It's called Sept./Oct. applicants but I feel really late, having submitted the AADSAS on Oct. 15.

UOP is waiting for my additional money -_-
UCSF said I can do their secondary (yay)

22/22/20 3.73 GPA

rejections from case and midwestern.... yipee

Been stalking this thread for a while. Mailed 9/21. Still not a peep on interview. And i thought my grades/scores were competitive. :(

my aadsas mailed 9/21. here's what i've heard:

michigan - basically nothing. called yesterday and they said they have around 200 applications to look at before mine.
unc - interview 11/21
temple - application received/under review
louisville - application received/complete
case - rejection 10/23

First time poster to this thread. My application was mailed 9/21, but I took my DAT 9/28, and the scores weren't sent until mid-Oct. So I think most schools started reviewing my app in mid-Oct.

pre-Dec 1st interview at BU
interview at Midwestern in January
interview at Pacific in January

And just about every school sent a confirmation email saying they have received my application, although this is not updated on the AADSAS. I really don't look at the AADSAS at all anymore because it's clear the schools don't really use it.

Sept/Oct doesn't seem to be too late like everyone always says. I'm still waiting on a bunch like everyone else, but there is hope!