The Sept/Oct Submitters Club: What have YOU heard from schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My app was mailed 10/05
Tufts "Under Review" 10/15
Supplemental Materials "No action/response required" 10/22

i was probably too optimistic heading into this. i feel like our chances are dwindling and i'm very scared i won't even get in this cycle :(

no interview invites for me yet

Members don't see this ad.

no invites here yet either.

app complete in mid sept.

So...
Did any of the late submitters hear any good news today?

Members don't see this ad :)
Heard from UB.

Hi u guys
I have been reading SDN for a while now but this is my first post !
I m glad you guys created a late submitee section I feel better now that i know i m not the only one whose waiting
I submitted my aadsas in july and took DAT in sept and finished my secondaries in oct. I havent gotten any invites yet, but i hope i hear from schools soon.
DAT: AA:18 S:20 PAT:22 I did really bad in QR hopefully i can get away with it, it would really suck if i have to study for DAT again just because of my QR :(

I got an interview phone call from Stony Brook last Friday for next Monday 11/23/09.
man but i am getting nervous about other schools though.
I really want to go to UW... do you think my credentials are good enough?

Your states are great, but UW has a preference for in-state residents and then states part of the WICHE (Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, and Wyoming)

Hi guys- first post here

I submitted my AADSAS at the beginning of July,
retook the DAT on Sept. 18,
and I think all my score reports were received by mid-October (so I'm assuming my app wasn't complete or under review until then)
Interviewed at Pitt on Nov. 23, then my AADSAS status changed from "invited to interview" to "received/under review" this morning...
Hopefully I'll hear back soon...!! :(

Just received an interview invite from UF for Dec. 10th! :love:

P.S. I don't know why my predents says "Attending" when I haven't even been accepted. Does someone know how to change that?

Last edited:
my BU status got changed to a lengthy message. Anyone else got this as well?

I wonder what does that suppose to mean. I was kinda expecting at least an interview from them. If for nothing else, I live within 10 minutes of the school. Frustrated :(

"Thank you for Applying to Boston University School of Dental Medicine. Your application has been received and it is currently being reviewed by the committee. At this stage we are determining if your application is eligible for interview. Generally, interviewed candidates have an overall cumulative GPA both total and science of a 3.3 or above and their DAT academic average and total science is at 20 or above. This is a general guide; many other factors come into our consideration of a candidate: community service, experience in dentistry, motivation toward dentistry, letters of recommendation, applicant essay, credit hours/course load and competitiveness of undergraduate institution, etc. Your application may remain in this status throughout the entire cycle as we will continually review it against the total applicant pool. We will contact you via email as soon as any further decision has been made regarding your application. We have a lengthy review process and ask for your patience during this time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Heard from UB.

congrats on buffalo! i just recently got "continuing review" from them. does anyone know more about this status? is it essentially a pre-interview waitlist? it's so lame.

p.s. i'm 0-16 so far.. :(

Last edited:
so do you all have a "dream school" which you want to attend, or would you be happy getting accepted anywhere?

have any of you thought about reapplying early for the next cycle?

it's beginning to cross my mind....

I wonder what does that suppose to mean. I was kinda expecting at least an interview from them. If for nothing else, I live within 10 minutes of the school. Frustrated :(

"Thank you for Applying to Boston University School of Dental Medicine. Your application has been received and it is currently being reviewed by the committee. At this stage we are determining if your application is eligible for interview. Generally, interviewed candidates have an overall cumulative GPA both total and science of a 3.3 or above and their DAT academic average and total science is at 20 or above. This is a general guide; many other factors come into our consideration of a candidate: community service, experience in dentistry, motivation toward dentistry, letters of recommendation, applicant essay, credit hours/course load and competitiveness of undergraduate institution, etc. Your application may remain in this status throughout the entire cycle as we will continually review it against the total applicant pool. We will contact you via email as soon as any further decision has been made regarding your application. We have a lengthy review process and ask for your patience during this time.

dude, BU hasn't even been listed on my "School decisions" section of my AADSAS. i kinda don't care anymore. :)

i have nothing from BU, no status updates on AADSAS, no complete email, nothing. i only received application received email long time ago when i submitted mine, and whenever i tried calling the school, the lady (same person picked up the phone every time i called) sounded very rude and said i shouldn't worry about it because they have thousands of applications and would not give out status info over the phone :mad:

so do you all have a "dream school" which you want to attend, or would you be happy getting accepted anywhere?

have any of you thought about reapplying early for the next cycle?

it's beginning to cross my mind....

of course i have my top choices, but at this point i am getting desperate! i only applied to schools i would totally feel good about attending though, but it makes it riskier to have a smaller pool.

reapplying is crossing my mind too, one of my greatest fears that i am still hoping i won't have to face!

Yes sirdeadcat, i have the same thing for boston i m not sure what it mean i guess its just saying that its under review !

I also received the same message from BU on my AADSAS (12/1/09). I didn't read into it much, as it seems to boil down to 'under review' like all my other school status indicators! I'm ready for interview invites guys...any time now!

Good luck everyone. :cool:

Yes sirdeadcat, i have the same thing for boston i m not sure what it mean i guess its just saying that its under review !

Just got an interview invite for Temple! Scheduled for Dec 8th, but they had three other dates available in December. My AADSAS went out in late Sept.

thanks! this waiting game has been so discouraging, but it does seem like there is still hope for us late-submitters :xf:

hell yeah! it's great seeing all of us getting interviews. I've heard UB can be real sticklers, a little unorganized, and aren't friendly (at least on the phone), so don't let that discourage you.

just had my maryland interview this past week and i'm now trying to figure out a way to change my name to marylandhopeful... gorgeous school and a really laid back place, incredible technology...

have 2 more interviews next week, then another during the first week of january... see you on thursday ninja :D

Great to hear your doing so well and had a solid interview at MD. It's one of my top choices as well, and I reeeeallly want an interview there! I'm 'under review' still and clarified some coursework I'm taking in the spring with them just this afternoon, so hopefully they either interview me or put me out of my misery soon. I'm eager to know what next year holds, so I can focus on either preparing for matriculation, or gearing up for another year of beefing up my stats and background for the next app cycle...

hell yeah! it's great seeing all of us getting interviews. I've heard UB can be real sticklers, a little unorganized, and aren't friendly (at least on the phone), so don't let that discourage you.

just had my maryland interview this past week and i'm now trying to figure out a way to change my name to marylandhopeful... gorgeous school and a really laid back place, incredible technology...

have 2 more interviews next week, then another during the first week of january... see you on thursday ninja :D

Awesome! What are your stats, if you don't mind me asking? I'm REALLY intimidated by UF, to be honest. Are you in-state?

Everyone,

I have a feeling that Tufts interviews will be sent out this week. Just a hunch.

Huh?
Do you have connections @ Tufts (in the know) or just messing around?

At any rate, they're bound to send them off at some point soon...seeing as their class isn't full.

If you are 'in the know' would you ask them to please address one of those invites to me. ;)

Everyone,

I have a feeling that Tufts interviews will be sent out this week. Just a hunch.

question for you all:

let's say by virtue of the circumstances (late application), you don't get into D school this year (or at least, the one you wanted). so you apply early for the next cycle. do you think that one's chances will be less at those schools that formally rejected you (simply because the class may have become full at that point)? or does that not matter? when your app comes up for review in the next cylce, will they say "oh we've seen such and such already last year and we rejected them, so this one goes in the dumpster"? :confused::rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
question for you all:

let's say by virtue of the circumstances (late application), you don't get into D school this year (or at least, the one you wanted). so you apply early for the next cycle. do you think that one's chances will be less at those schools that formally rejected you (simply because the class may have become full at that point)? or does that not matter? when your app comes up for review in the next cylce, will they say "oh we've seen such and such already last year and we rejected them, so this one goes in the dumpster"? :confused::rolleyes:

No I don't think so, if they rejected you only because thier class was full and you applied late then they would consider your application again. Otherwise it would be very difficult for re-appliers to get in the next time.. I'm wondering if they write down a reason next to your name as to why the rejected you last cycle.

question for you all:

So whats the point of reapplications then? Unless you didn't do anything to improve your application, they might as well throw it in a dumpster. And to do that, they need to at least review it again...

@ OP question. Took the DAT on Oct. 7, NYU received DAT scores 3 weeks later, interview on Nov. 19, accepted Dec. 1. They have a fantastic admissions at NYU. Mejia is the best!

I got my first rejection from NYU from snail mail on Dec 1st. Didn't even get an interview. I'm disheartened.

I got my first rejection from NYU from snail mail on Dec 1st. Didn't even get an interview. I'm disheartened.

your stats are great don't worry... i got my first rejection too from a school in TX (why applied there I still don't know)... so hooray for rejections!

ninja i'm instate, and my stats are in my signature but they keep disappearing... 21/21/23

Got an e-mail to complete the Maryland Supplemental Application this morning!
Needless to say, it's already completed and sent. :cool:

Hopefully this is the prelude to an interview!

According to the other thread, people been getting post december interview invites from Tufts yesterday. Anyone in our club lucked out here? I know i haven't.

According to the other thread, people been getting post december interview invites from Tufts yesterday. Anyone in our club lucked out here? I know i haven't.

Me! App was done in mid-October. The are only offering six dates, Jan 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14. The admissions office said they will offer more at later dates, but these are the only dates for now.

All quiet on the Western front for me re: Tufts. I interviewed there 2 years ago and have a much stronger app this year, so I'm hoping they call me back! ;)

Got an e-mail to complete the Maryland Supplemental Application this morning!
Needless to say, it's already completed and sent. :cool:

Hopefully this is the prelude to an interview!

i received a secondary request in the afternoon, and then I had it complete at around 9 in the evening. They got back to me that morning with an interview invite :) ... good luck, it's an amazing school

Did you get the interview invite via AADSAS/ e-mail/ snail mail? No invite for me yet...still 'under review' ...grr.... I had that supplemental app back to them with only about 2 hours turn around time!!

never mind...it's via e-mail!

Just got the interview invite!! I am soooo excited!!

i received a secondary request in the afternoon, and then I had it complete at around 9 in the evening. They got back to me that morning with an interview invite :) ... good luck, it's an amazing school

Last edited:
Heard from UTDB in Houston and ASDOH on the same day 12/09/09 for interview in Jan.

Just got an acceptance letter from NYU.

Applied mid Sep
App was mailed on 10/5
All secondaries were sent in mid to late NOV :p, so I am still waiting to hear from some schools.

Guys keep your head up... I submitted my application in Late July but didn't take my DAT until Sept. 15. ADA didnt send out my scores until 2 weeks later. My applications were complete at schools until Oct 2. I was invited to 7 interviews total:

Midwestern Oct 13 --> rejected
Temple Nov 19 --> Accepted
NYU Nov 24 --> Accepted
Colorado Dec 12 --> waiting response
UNLV January 28
Indiana Feb 15

my stats were 3.5 cGPA, 3.55 sGPA 22/22/19

Last edited:
Tufts interview!

invitations for January 11th-14th

a friend of mine jus called louisville, apparently they'll be conducting interviews thru jan/feb!

Got an interview offer at UCSF. Application completed in October.

There is hope.... :)

Tufts interview invite received today. Dates are for Jan 20-22, 25-26. :)