There Be Basics WW 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I agree that Visc post was weird, but I also don’t know how I feel about everyone calling it out. Maybe they’re wolves throwing shade, maybe they’re villagers getting the same weird tingles, or maybe a mix? 🤔
What's your own read of Vis?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Rood. Dina doesn’t deserve this disrespect for being smart last game*

Yeeting you both is tempting, but I’ll land on

yeet april

because I thought you were a wolf early last game but let thread convince me otherwise and I need this :grumpy:

*whether she deserves yeeting this game is an entirely separate matter. Investigation pending posts :heckyeah:

This made me feel funny the first time I read it - I went back to re-read and it still makes me feel funny. And not at all in the way I feel about the others who are yeeting me. Taking note

Why yeet us both? Do you think we're in a pack?

I hate to admit it (because you're voting for me and she was calling you out for it in her post), but it made me feel a little funny too.

But not because she said she wants to yeet you and dubz, that part makes sense to me because of last game. I think it's the subtle defending me and then adding that little footnote at the end that made me go :unsure:

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I hate to admit it (because you're voting for me and she was calling you out for it in her post), but it made me feel a little funny too.

But not because she said she wants to yeet you and dubz, that part makes sense to me because of last game. I think it's the subtle defending me and then adding that little footnote at the end that made me go :unsure:
Yeah, it felt uber over-explainy.

Dina took a long time to respond to my vote after seeing it :thinking:

That's just me getting easily distracted

I agree that Visc post was weird, but I also don’t know how I feel about everyone calling it out. Maybe they’re wolves throwing shade, maybe they’re villagers getting the same weird tingles, or maybe a mix? 🤔

Wait who else was calling it out besides April (and now me...)?

"Everyone"

if it's a mix, who do you think the woofs are?
I don’t know yet. I just don’t like when anything feels too “popular”
What's your own read of Vis?
It’s early but that post was weird
Everyone sheeping my reads again already, smh, lawpy would be so disappointed
I have no problem opposing you if I disagree. I just happen to independently agree the post was weird, I’m not going to disagree just to be a rebellious teenager.

#### unvote Sloth ####

####vote Visc ####

There's another one I like to pressure and get a read on early, I often lump mayo and visc and sloth in terms of baseline sketchiness and smarts and they often have a similar tone to me.

I agree with Dubz that Visc's post is somewhat sketch and has now surpassed Sloth in sketchness for now.
Relevant cray post
Unsure how I feel about her jumping on it so quickly though.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think here it was the comment about "following." Like maybe it was a wolfy need to spell that out like hey fellow kids. Other people just put the salt out there without referencing that others did it.
The very next vote has alley referencing a salt yeet.

I think here it was the comment about "following." Like maybe it was a wolfy need to spell that out like hey fellow kids. Other people just put the salt out there without referencing that others did it.
I can DEFINITELY see that, try to be inconspicuous but inadvertently being sketchy.

Woot !!1!1!!!

Yeet dubz
She's definitely a woof lol
This reads as a salt vote, but note the fact that Kras didn't feel the need to tell the class they were following the class. Just reads different to me and I'm pointing it out. Note this is not any defense of Kras, just me trying to explain by comparison why Sloth's vote felt different

• Care
Yeah gotta say this doesn't make much sense to me as your reason.
It's a joke vote, y'all. I do not intend to stay on it. Since I've never been night killed in a game (I'm assuming it's probably because I say enough stupid things that wolves don't worry about me) and I was only misyeeted once a few games ago, I don't really have a solid salt vote, but Dina came on swinging at me in the last game so I figured I'd do the same back. Didn't convey that well earlier since I was still at work.

• Hmm
Tbh I thought it was weird when I read it before anyone else said so, but this game has conditioned me to be hesitant to speak up and get mis-read.
Do you think it's AI? Because it looked like you were trying to form affiliations of others based on that.
It’s enough that I gave Visc wolf points, but then I worried about it being “too popular” as I said. I can’t tell anyone’s affiliation who agreed because it was so weird, but it did make me think twice about if he would really be a wolf with so many calling out that post, but could all be villagers.

Tbh I thought it was weird when I read it before anyone else said so, but this game has conditioned me to be hesitant to speak up and get mis-read.
Remember we talked about in dead chat why sheeping and hesitance are ultimately harmful to the village. Speak up so people can see your true intentions and be much more likely to read you correctly.
It’s enough that I gave Visc wolf points, but then I worried about it being “too popular” as I said. I can’t tell anyone’s affiliation who agreed because it was so weird, but it did make me think twice about if he would really be a wolf with so many calling out that post, but could all be villagers.
If you think other discussion points are being neglected in lieu of this one, feel free to bring them up.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm very perplexed still. The vote came an hour after day started and was the first vote for alley.
Often when I call out timing it isn't in the grand scheme of VCA like you do (but I would like to cultivate awareness of day, hours in, how many have voted, are on wagon, etc) and usually by timing I just mean how it came after the posts before it and their content, like the whys given, not as much even the specific person voted for as much as the reason given. For me it was how Sloth justified the vote almost more than who he voted for.

Despite the fact I didn't like Sloths reasoning and timing irrespective of.who he named, I'm sensitive to the fact that Alley is starting to feel like an easy early wolf misyeet (assuming she's village). She just feels like easy pickings somehow to me.

Remember we talked about in dead chat why sheeping and hesitance are ultimately harmful to the village. Speak up so people can see your true intentions and be much more likely to read you correctly.
Yeah I want to and I probably will return to my normal self later this cycle as always. (And then hope not to die at night for it)
If you think other discussion points are being neglected in lieu of this one, feel free to bring them up.
I actually don’t see many things to go off yet. Hoping more people come in and start participating.

If April wasn't acting weird (her "salt" vote and reasoning makes little sense, I would wonder if AM and WZ were using her similarly as an easy target for mistrust this game, but so far I find April's reasoning more sketch than AM & WZ, so that's how I'm prioritizing suspicion there.

• Hmm
I can’t tell anyone’s affiliation who agreed because it was so weird, but it did make me think twice about if he would really be a wolf with so many calling out that post, but could all be villagers.
Ok, so I'll give you my thoughts on it then

If Vis is village and it's just a bit of weirdness that villagers sometimes post, cray and april shoot way up my wolf list.
If Vis is wolf, cray is probably fine. April doesn't get super cred for it but I'd feel less bad about her than I do now.

You and dina I'm unsure about, could see either way in either situation off the top of my head. Though I thought dina's post about it read slightly manufactured.

Sunny, AM, and Cray are all giving me village vibes right now. Dubz is too, mostly because she's hassling me about liking her post earlier and not responding until later, but I'm hesitant to go there because it's dubz

• Hmm
I'm spending my wild Friday night watching more anatomy videos and rewarding myself after each video with some WW.

Just finished page 2 and here are my thoughts:

April's tone has changed. Not sure if it is because of wolfiness leftover from last game, or what, but I also am not a huge fan of her post regarding Dina.

Just like Sunny and Dubz, that Vis post gave me ~weird vibes~. Not sure how I feel about her defending Dina. Seems pretty obvious if they're in a pack together though.

I'm honestly not sure why Cray was so focused on sloth's post, but I appreciate it since sloth is voting for me. Also, I hope you're doing okay after surgery, Cray.

Need to pull up my spreadsheet and put these odd interactions in it so I can reference later.

• Hmm
It's a joke vote, y'all. I do not intend to stay on it. Since I've never been night killed in a game (I'm assuming it's probably because I say enough stupid things that wolves don't worry about me) and I was only misyeeted once a few games ago, I don't really have a solid salt vote, but Dina came on swinging at me in the last game so I figured I'd do the same back. Didn't convey that well earlier since I was still at work.
This reads a little odd to me given how upset you were at AM for killing Lainey so early in the last game. That seems like the more natural salt vote to me than Dina for correctly calling you out.

Not caught up yet and have more reading to do, just wanted to put that thought out there.

• Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
It wasn't for who, but hadna chiming.innfeeling
Alalal versed
This was supposed to say it wasn't so much who he voted for (although potentially problematic as I pointed out) as much as his post had a "chiming in" feeling that felt insincere.

Lalala versed, I was just dosed writing that before.

• Care
I'm bored and dont wanna do my school work and I feel the compulsive need to organize and this was kinda fun last time.

unofficial D1 Yeet Tally
April (2)- AM, alley
AM (1)- genny
Dina (1)- April
Alley (1)- Sloth
Dubz (1)- kras
kras (1)- shorty
Sloth (1)- cray
MsP (1)- Dina

Yeet close in 30ish hours? More than 24 for sure. Idk time zones hurt my brain.
missing- about half of us
This could be wolfy. A little too much "look at me helping" without actually hunting.

• Hmm
I don’t think Cray would bus Sloth this early for no reason so they’re not W/W.
AM would be a good one to comb her memories of my bussing tendencies (hint nonexistent). One reason we did so bad wolfing that last game was I basically didn't touch either of my packmates on thread. And I should have had Alley bus me HARD and I didn't.

April's tone has changed. Not sure if it is because of wolfiness leftover from last game, or what, but I also am not a huge fan of her post regarding Dina.
Tone has changed from what? My village play or my wolf play?

This reads a little odd to me given how upset you were at AM for killing Lainey so early in the last game. That seems like the more natural salt vote to me than Dina for correctly calling you out.

Not caught up yet and have more reading to do, just wanted to put that thought out there.
I didn't think about that actually, but regardless, putting a vote on AM has always scared me :bag:

• Dislike
  • Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
Currently trying to make dinner and follow along while putting odd things into the spreadsheet. Im really multitasking here