There Be Basics WW & Speed WW signups and discussion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Please read:

I am considering running two simultaneous games (you are welcome to play one, both, neither). One game will be basics (no ish, ands or buts), the other will be speed. Speed will be on a weekend day/day people are the least busy, at a time frame where I can attend the appropriate attention.

THERE WILL BE POST MINIMUMS FOR THE BASICS GAME. If 12/12: 5+ posts; if 36/12: 10+ posts (and before you start complaining, people who are familiar with me know how I loathe post mins but I have been doing them in an attempt to remove low poster issues in games (skating with excuses, posting votes only, etc)). I will likely go with what the majority can play.

speed game will probably have pretty quick cycles, depending on the time frame people are able to play (maybe 15 minute night cycles, 15-30 minute vote cycles?). I know this weekend is the super bowl for some people so....I don’t care about football.

I will not put limits on player numbers at this time. I also may not be taking subs because if you can’t play, you’ll have to wait until next time!

I understand everyone is busy so this is my attempt to let busy people enjoy their WW fix.

If you sign up: you have read and agreed to the conditions posted above.

#. Player x: playing speed/basics/both; prefer 36/12 v. 12/12, prefer day/time for basics or NO PREFERENCE (which is very unhelpful for speed but is fine lol)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can I ask what actually makes a game a basics game?

I feel like I thought that's what I was getting into with the last one and then I was wrong about that JUST LIKE I WAS WRONG ABOUT LITERALLY EVERYTHING IN THAT GAME

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Can I ask what actually makes a game a basics game?

I feel like I thought that's what I was getting into with the last one and then I was wrong about that JUST LIKE I WAS WRONG ABOUT LITERALLY EVERYTHING IN THAT GAME
What you saw in Breadsticks was a basics game. It's just simple mechanics (including kills).

The last game was 100% role madness, which is the total opposite of basics.

Reactions: 3 users
1. AM (Both, 36/12, After 5 EST)
2. Dina (Basics, 36/12 (but will play 12/12), no preference)

• Love
3. Dubz (Both, 36/12 preferred, speed Sat 2/6 anytime)
4. shorty (Basics, 36/12 but will play 12/12 (if starting after Friday), otherwise no preference)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
4. shorty (Basics, 36/12 but will play 12/12 (if starting after Friday), otherwise no preference)
9. Schoolsplease (basics,36/12)

• Love
5. April (Basics, no preference)

• Love
For a moment I thought I was just gonna ride the high of that wolf win for a while. Then I saw this and laughed at myself for being so foolish

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
6. MsP (Both, 36/12 preferred but will play 12/12)

• Love
7. [insert @genny here] ?

Reactions: 1 user
7. [insert @genny here] ?
8. Alleycat03 (Basics, will play either 36/12 (slightly preferred) or 12/12, no preference on start date)

Looking at my schedule the next few weeks, I doubt I could dedicate a whole night to a speed game. I just have too much schoolwork to commit to that.

7. genny (both, yes, speed Saturday or Sunday)
8. Alleycat03 (Basics, will play either 36/12 (slightly preferred) or 12/12, no preference on start date)

Starting the title with “There be” makes me think there’s a pirate theme. Is it Pirate themed?

Like “Avast matey! There be a plank walking in your future if you don’t start scrubbing the deck!”

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
I’m going to stick to 12/12 games cause the 36 overwhelms me so next one we get I’m in :)

• Care
On break, can someone please sign me up? I can do a speed game any time Sunday through Tuesday!

I’ll play! Can someone sign me up. It won’t let me format correctly on my phone rn. Lainey, 36/12, no preference

Thanks!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
7. genny (both, yes, speed Saturday or Sunday)
9. Schoolsplease (basics,36/12, no start date pref.)
10.Bigcats (speed, Sunday-Tuesday preference)
11. Lainey (basics, 36/12, no preference on start date)

Starting the title with “There be” makes me think there’s a pirate theme. Is it Pirate themed?

Like “Avast matey! There be a plank walking in your future if you don’t start scrubbing the deck!”
H5l.gif

• Haha
  • Sad
Won't that be yeet ending in the morning??

All nighter WW !!!
It wouldn't be if you didn't start the cycle in the morning. Say you started the cycle at 7pm or something :shrug:
IDK, it was just a thought. And not my own thought, I poached it from zenges when he asked me.

It wouldn't be if you didn't start the cycle in the morning. Say you started the cycle at 7pm or something :shrug:
IDK, it was just a thought. And not my own thought, I poached it from zenges when he asked me.

If it starts at 7 PM, yeet would end at 7 PM next day? Then night close at 7 AM. Yeet close at 7 AM following day. Night close 7 PM. Yeet close 7 PM following day

If it starts at 7 PM, yeet would end at 7 PM next day? Then night close at 7 AM. Yeet close at 7 AM following day. Night close 7 PM. Yeet close 7 PM following day
OK I'm now realizing that without it being a 24 or 48 hour cycle, the times keep changing and that gets confusing really fast.

NVM.

We could call it 22/2. Yeet closes 8pm, night from 8-10pm, then next day cycle. I know some said there is low activity/sleep overnight but people will be asleep sometime during day cycle either way.

We could call it 22/2. Yeet closes 8pm, night from 8-10pm, then next day cycle. I know some said there is low activity/sleep overnight but people will be asleep sometime during day cycle either way.

There's also nightless games!

I'm pushing for 1/1 games @Animal Midwife

And also 120/48 games @Dr. ForgotToFlush

• Hmm
  • Angry
I basically try to encourage that in all my games but people hate getting night actions in early, and it sucks from a timezone standpoint because either west coast people end up missing yeet deadline or east coast mods get no sleep. Which is why it's nice when @Coopah and I mod together lol

Reactions: 3 users
Also there's dayless games.

Only night actions!

Add that with lots of killing roles :vamp:💀☠️🐺:cat::shy:
I actually plan to run a game with these exact mechanics with FTF in the future.

• Wow