There Be Basics WW & Speed WW signups and discussion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:(

What are other cycle variations besides 12/12, 36/12, 1/1, 120/48, speed, one round, apples, nightless and dayless?
There's also 48/24, 72/24, and 96/48. The rest are fairly rare/just for memes.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Sign me up for the speed game! I have the weekend off :)

Reactions: 1 user
If the basics games starts after the weekend I'll play, otherwise tot chat for me!

sub
(for basics)

Last edited:
I thought he wanted to take a short break
the coolest WW players bounce back immediately and want revenge :cool: @Zenge142 this is me peer-pressuring you to play (plz don't play if you don't want to, but I do want you to come back at some point)!!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
the coolest WW players bounce back immediately and want revenge :cool: @Zenge142 this is me peer-pressuring you to play (plz don't play if you don't want to, but I do want you to come back at some point)!!
I’m thinking about it.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
1. AM (Both, 36/12, After 5 EST)
2. Dina (Basics, 36/12 (but will play 12/12), no preference)
3. Dubz (Both, 36/12 preferred, speed Sat 2/6 anytime)
4. shorty (Basics, 36/12 but will play 12/12 (if starting after Friday), otherwise no preference)
5. April (Basics, no preference)
6. MsP (Both, 36/12 preferred but will play 12/12)
7. genny (both, yes, speed Saturday or Sunday)
8. Alleycat03 (Basics, will play either 36/12 (slightly preferred) or 12/12, no preference on start date)
9. Schoolsplease (basics,36/12, no start date pref.)
10. Bigcats (speed, Sunday-Tuesday preference)
11. Lainey (basics, 36/12, no preference on start date)
12. alissa (speed, Saturday or Sunday anytime)
13. Doggo (basics, no preference, Monday or later)

midwife why did you not just make two different lists

• Angry
4. shorty (Basics, 36/12 but will play 12/12 (if starting after Friday), otherwise no preference)
8. Alleycat03 (Basics, will play either 36/12 (slightly preferred) or 12/12, no preference on start date)
14. Zenge (Both, 12/12 but will play 36/12, otherwise no preference)

• Love
15. Sunshinefl (Both, prefer 12/12 but will play either, prefer starting soon; speed game prefer weekends)

Reactions: 5 users
I can't believe I have over a thousand posts now and less than 50 of those are non-WW 🤐

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users
Apparently Z and I made this sound fun enough that one of my other vetty friends wants to make an account just to jump in on the basics game. One of us, one of us...

• Love
protect zenges

Apparently Z and I made this sound fun enough that one of my other vetty friends wants to make an account just to jump in on the basics game. One of us, one of us...
protect shorty
protect shorty's friend

I'm trying to talk my brother into it right now

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
“I need a break from WW, that was intense”
*immediately signs up for 2 more games*

Sounds about right :rofl:
🤣
@Zenge142
I think we all owe Zenge a hug when this is over lol

I hope he doesn’t quit forever lol

I think he'll have a good attitude about it lol plus he can feel good with the knowledge that he was right all along!

Me too. He is a phenomenal player for his first WW game

He's totally hooked. Rage quit and back for a last word only a couple hours later lol
Once he finds out he was right, he'll be back

Reactions: 6 users
I can’t play until after Sunday night... if it starts after then, count me in for basis, otherwise I’ll tot for another round!

Reactions: 2 users
15. Sunshinefl (Both, prefer 12/12 but will play either, prefer starting soon; speed game prefer weekends)
16. Kras (both, prefer 36/12 but will play either, prefer weekend start, speed game prefer weekend evening)

She just sent me a screenshot of her registration :love:
SDN why you hate my gifs so much

giphy.gif

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
16. Kras (both, prefer 36/12 but will play either, prefer weekend start, speed game prefer weekend evening)
17. Viscernable (both if speed game is on the 6th, 7th, 14th, or 15th. No preference for basics)

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Please read:

I am considering running two simultaneous games (you are welcome to play one, both, neither). One game will be basics (no ish, ands or buts), the other will be speed. Speed will be on a weekend day/day people are the least busy, at a time frame where I can attend the appropriate attention.

THERE WILL BE POST MINIMUMS FOR THE BASICS GAME. If 12/12: 5+ posts; if 36/12: 10+ posts (and before you start complaining, people who are familiar with me know how I loathe post mins but I have been doing them in an attempt to remove low poster issues in games (skating with excuses, posting votes only, etc)). I will likely go with what the majority can play.

speed game will probably have pretty quick cycles, depending on the time frame people are able to play (maybe 15 minute night cycles, 15-30 minute vote cycles?). I know this weekend is the super bowl for some people so....I don’t care about football.

I will not put limits on player numbers at this time. I also may not be taking subs because if you can’t play, you’ll have to wait until next time!

I understand everyone is busy so this is my attempt to let busy people enjoy their WW fix.

If you sign up: you have read and agreed to the conditions posted above.

#. Player x: playing speed/basics/both; prefer 36/12 v. 12/12, prefer day/time for basics or NO PREFERENCE (which is very unhelpful for speed but is fine lol)
I've never played before so I hope I am allowed to join the basics game. Prefer 36/12 and prefer evening/night.

• Love
Do we know when the speed game is running and how long the cycles will be? I have a big A&P exam on Monday that I need to study for and I’ll play if this will take maybe 4 hours or something but at this point I don’t think I could spend an entire day...

I've never played before so I hope I am allowed to join the basics game. Prefer 36/12 and prefer evening/night.
17. Viscernable (both if speed game is on the 6th, 7th, 14th, or 15th. No preference for basics)
18. Dr.RoRo (Basics, prefer 36/12, prefer evening/night start)

Do we know when the speed game is running and how long the cycles will be? I have a big A&P exam on Monday that I need to study for and I’ll play if this will take maybe 4 hours or something but at this point I don’t think I could spend an entire day...
I'm leaning Sunday, shouldn't be an entire day by any means. Few hours. Likely will be evening - after 6pm maybe?

Last edited:
Thanks all for the responses! Okay: based on what's been posted so far (apologies if I missed something or someone!). Please let me know if your tag did not work. Also, if you want to bow out based on cycle and start date.

Basics: seems like 36/12 is preferred
so sorry to my 12/12 preferred crew (sunshinefl + Zenge!)) - I think I could start this tomorrow morning with 1st vote cycle ending Saturday evening (say 10pm?). Sorry to @Cyndia + @Doggo Labs but you'll have to spectate it seems! ETA: Day cycle will run 10am-10pm following day, night cycle 10pm-10am with earlier closes when possible)
1. @Animal Midwife
2. @Dinashadow
3. @WildZoo
4. @supershorty
5. @Aprilthearab
6. @Ms Procrastinator
7. @genny
8. @alleycat03
9. @vetschoolsletmeinplease
10. @LaineyLou
11. @Zenge142
12. @sunshinefl
13. @kraskadva (weekend start date) - are you able to play if I start tomorrow/Friday?
14. @Viscernable
15. @DrRoRo
16. @Crayola227 (will be absentee due to personal circumstances Friday)

Speed: I'm leaning Sunday evening starting ~6pm Eastern so there shouldn't be too much overlap with the basics game! Or too much overlap, but y'all can handle it, I believe in you!! Day cycles will likely be 30 minutes, night cycles will be 15min/shorter preferred. I don't foresee it going beyond 10pm Eastern at the latest.
1. @Animal Midwife
2. @WildZoo - tentatively
3. @Ms Procrastinator
4. @genny
5. @BigCats
6. @alissa14 (Sat or Sun but has large exam on Monday AM)?
7. @Zenge142
8. @sunshinefl
9. @kraskadva
10. @Viscernable
11. @Crayola227

Last edited:
Thanks all for the responses! Okay: based on what's been posted so far (apologies if I missed something or someone!). Please let me know if your tag did not work. Also, if you want to bow out based on cycle and start date.

Basics: seems like 36/12 is preferred
so sorry to my 12/12 preferred crew (sunshinefl + Zenge!)) - I think I could start this tomorrow morning with 1st vote cycle ending Saturday evening (say 10pm?). Sorry to @Cyndia + @Doggo Labs but you'll have to spectate it seems!
1. @Animal Midwife
2. @Dinashadow
3. @WildZoo
4. @supershorty
5. @Aprilthearab
6. @Ms Procrastinator
7. @genny
8. @alleycat03
9. @vetschoolsletmeinplease
10. @LaineyLou
11. @Zenge142
12. @sunshinefl
13. @kraskadva (weekend start date) - are you able to play if I start tomorrow/Friday?
14. @Viscernable
15. @DrRoRo
16. @Crayola227 (will be absentee due to personal circumstances Friday)

Speed: I'm leaning Sunday evening starting ~6pm Eastern so there shouldn't be too much overlap with the basics game! Or too much overlap, but y'all can handle it, I believe in you!! Day cycles will likely be 30 minutes, night cycles will be 15min/shorter preferred. I don't foresee it going beyond 10pm Eastern at the latest.
1. @Animal Midwife
2. @WildZoo - tentatively
3. @Ms Procrastinator
4. @genny
5. @BigCats
6. @alissa14 (Sat or Sun but has large exam on Monday AM)?
7. @Zenge142
8. @sunshinefl
9. @kraskadva
10. @Viscernable
11. @Crayola227

What’s the start time tomorrow for basics

10am most likely. I'll be sending out PMs tonight with your role assignments. Day cycles will run 10am Day 1-10pm Day 2. Night cycle 10pm-10am (but will close sooner if able)

Awesome! Thanks!

Nobody asked but here's my starting sheet, feel free to use it for your own tracking purposes!
Be sure to delete the "MEEEEE" or move it to yourself and input my name if you use it lol
**alley idk why but it put your username as your nickname but I promise you're in there as alley now lol
***i also just added a new version with the beginning color coding of everyone in neutral and a couple of names fixed (4:24p Fantasyland)

Attachments

• New WW game Feb 4.xlsx
    9.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
  • Love