Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you use "stop" as your safe word, then you don't get to use "stop" as part of your, erm, scenario. Once the parties have agreed on what the safe word is, then "stop" can mean other things, like "stop a little bit" or "less" or "more" or whatever floats your boat.
That's sorta the point: people who enjoy being able to do and say stuff that's outside their normal comfort zone need a way to communicate the idea of "stop," while the word itself is otherwise busy. So you get a safe word.
I swear I didn't learn this from patients (actually I learned it from Sex and the City), but some patients could have benefitted from knowing it, no doubt.
This concludes Febrifuge's BDSM Minute. We now return you to your regularly-scheduled EM thread.
That's sorta the point: people who enjoy being able to do and say stuff that's outside their normal comfort zone need a way to communicate the idea of "stop," while the word itself is otherwise busy. So you get a safe word.
I swear I didn't learn this from patients (actually I learned it from Sex and the City), but some patients could have benefitted from knowing it, no doubt.
This concludes Febrifuge's BDSM Minute. We now return you to your regularly-scheduled EM thread.
