Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Here's a couple lessons I've learned in the past (very busy) week.
1. If you do meth, but are so broke you can only buy the cheapest stuff in town, dont be surprised when it makes you violently ill 2-3 days a week. Sure, go to your local ED every single time this happens. They wont recognize you and put you on a "therapeutic wait" in the "waiting room" (such an apt name!) before taking you back so the third-year med students can pump you full of antiemitics and send you away again.
2. However, if you have a previous cardiac history and you say to the person at the front desk, "I think I'm in Afib right now", you will get a wheelchair and immediate entrance, even if they have to put you on a stretcher in the hallway.
3. Coming in for your back pain x5yrs will not get you dilaudid immediately. You can say you are allergic to asprin, advil, tylenol, and every other drug imaginable... but when you answer "yes" when the doctor asks if you are allergic to hydromorphone, carfentanil, and acepromazine, it doesn't help your case very much.
EDIT: I just realized that I implied there's different "qualities" of meth. Oh... the things we dont mean to say...
1. If you do meth, but are so broke you can only buy the cheapest stuff in town, dont be surprised when it makes you violently ill 2-3 days a week. Sure, go to your local ED every single time this happens. They wont recognize you and put you on a "therapeutic wait" in the "waiting room" (such an apt name!) before taking you back so the third-year med students can pump you full of antiemitics and send you away again.
2. However, if you have a previous cardiac history and you say to the person at the front desk, "I think I'm in Afib right now", you will get a wheelchair and immediate entrance, even if they have to put you on a stretcher in the hallway.
3. Coming in for your back pain x5yrs will not get you dilaudid immediately. You can say you are allergic to asprin, advil, tylenol, and every other drug imaginable... but when you answer "yes" when the doctor asks if you are allergic to hydromorphone, carfentanil, and acepromazine, it doesn't help your case very much.
EDIT: I just realized that I implied there's different "qualities" of meth. Oh... the things we dont mean to say...


