Things/people that bother/annoy me in pharmacy school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow, besides Carbon and Nutmeg, Braluk and his sweet heart, this is only a 3rd time that I have witness how SDN has brough two loving souls together. Awesome !!!!!:biglove::claps::hello:

How is everything ? How is pharm school ? I am having fun here, survived my first quarter.

:)

Everything is going fine. Pharm school is going. I survived the first semester. It wasn't too bad. How's everything with you?

Members don't see this ad.

How about tests that are written for no purpose other than to prove that, yes, the professor is smarter than the students taking it.

Example:

Blah, blah, blah...obscure minutiae about neurology that can only be learned through years of practice. 1) I'm better than you. 2) You all suck.

A) 1 is true, 2 is true
B) 1 is true, 2 is false
C) 1 is false, 2 is true
D) 1 is false, 2 is false

Almost half of our final was in that format. I wanted to punch a baby after I took that test.

We have something similar. Fortunately it isn't half the exam.

A. 1 is true
B. 2 is true
C. 3 is true
D. two of the above are correct
E. all of the above are correct

Members don't see this ad :)
I know one professor who does that.

The question will be like

Which of these is false?
  1. Could be true, but not sure
  2. Definitely true
  3. Never seen it before
  4. 1 and 3
  5. None of the above

I know one professor who does that.

The question will be like

Which of these is false?
  1. Could be true, but not sure
  2. Definitely true
  3. Never seen it before
  4. 1 and 3
  5. None of the above

Questions like these give me a headache.

I'm kinda nervous about going back to school tomorrow. I haven't really talked to any of my classmates since Christmas. I have a feeling that some might be a bit different.

I just might look at them differently just because I haven't seen them in a while. I know they'll start asking about how my break was, and I know I won't really want to talk about it. So if they start asking a lot of questions, I might have to avoid them :laugh: Not really, but I would limit my conversations with them.

Is it normal to feel awkward/nervous/whatever when going back to go see my classmates after a break? On fall break and thanksgiving break, it didn't feel any different since it was just a really short time. But now I've been out of school for 3 weeks.

Oh, and I'm hoping some of the annoying guys in my class will grow up and stop acting up so often. But is there a chance that they'll be any different this semester? :laugh:

How about tests that are written for no purpose other than to prove that, yes, the professor is smarter than the students taking it.

Example:

Blah, blah, blah...obscure minutiae about neurology that can only be learned through years of practice. 1) I'm better than you. 2) You all suck.

A) 1 is true, 2 is true
B) 1 is true, 2 is false
C) 1 is false, 2 is true
D) 1 is false, 2 is false

Almost half of our final was in that format. I wanted to punch a baby after I took that test.

I share the sentiment. I mean, WTF?

Last edited:
I'm kinda nervous about going back to school tomorrow. I haven't really talked to any of my classmates since Christmas. I have a feeling that some might be a bit different.

I just might look at them differently just because I haven't seen them in a while. I know they'll start asking about how my break was, and I know I won't really want to talk about it. So if they start asking a lot of questions, I might have to avoid them :laugh: Not really, but I would limit my conversations with them.

Is it normal to feel awkward/nervous/whatever when going back to go see my classmates after a break? On fall break and thanksgiving break, it didn't feel any different since it was just a really short time. But now I've been out of school for 3 weeks.

Oh, and I'm hoping some of the annoying guys in my class will grow up and stop acting up so often. But is there a chance that they'll be any different this semester? :laugh:

Uhh...no to all your questions. It's THREE WEEKS. Shouldn't be a big deal...and if someone asks you how your break was just say 'Good' or something. Seriously?? That's not normal to be freaking out about seeing people after three. weeks.

Daniella Regalado annoyes the **** out of me

d00d, you shouldn't be using people's full names unless it's a celebrity, actor, singer, etc.

Uhh...no to all your questions. It's THREE WEEKS. Shouldn't be a big deal...and if someone asks you how your break was just say 'Good' or something. Seriously?? That's not normal to be freaking out about seeing people after three. weeks.

I know it shouldn't be that big of a deal, but it just feels like I went through a lot. You'll be surprised how long one week feels when everyone you know is too busy to hang out with you.

You guys got a three week break? How lucky.

We had almost a month...Dec 14th to Jan 11th...I wish it was longer though! LOL... Not ready to give up my habit of sleeping till noon and going shopping everyday just yet. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)

My break is from December 14th until February 1st. In reality, it's not that long because some people in the class are on rotations this month. January, June, July, August are IPE/IPPE rotations at Touro. I'd rather be on rotations now than be on rotations in June and August.

My break is from December 14th until February 1st. In reality, it's not that long because some people in the class are on rotations this month. January, June, July, August are IPE/IPPE rotations at Touro. I'd rather be on rotations now than be on rotations in June and August.

Feb 1st??????????? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I have never in my life heard of a Christmas break lasting until Feb!!! LOL...The holidays are techinically over right now. :(

That would be the most pleasant surprise ever. Something to dream for...

I know three year programs only give ~2 weeks of christmas vacation if that...LOL...maybe you get a longer summer vacation??? My summer vacation is going to be from May 9th to August 24th I believe....while people from 3 year programs hardly get a summer at all..but they get to graduate a year early of course! lol...

Feb 1st??????????? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I have never in my life heard of a Christmas break lasting until Feb!!! LOL...The holidays are techinically over right now. :(

I mean, if the lottery picked me to have my hospital rotation this month, my vacation would have been from December 14th - January 3rd. Think of it this way, I'm losing a month of my summer vacation. The way it stands right now, my last day of school is May 28. My hospital rotation is in the month of August, and my long-term care rotation is either in June or July.

WRONG!

(For most of us at Touro) Our Holiday just started!

FEB is Gonna beeeee gggggggggggreat!:D so not looking forward to school work load!

I start my first day of second semester tomorrow. My first class is Nuclear for 2 hours straight. Ugh. I had a class last semester that was 2 hours straight and most of us fell asleep in there. I hope this one is a lot better.

3 year program?

*runs away in tears* Oh god, how I wish...

At least I can't complain about my grades for the first time since undergrad. :)

And I like to think of my B- as a way of saying "This was such a useless waste of my time that I can allow myself to do badly knowing that I will never, ever use this material again."

I start my first day of second semester tomorrow. My first class is Nuclear for 2 hours straight. Ugh. I had a class last semester that was 2 hours straight and most of us fell asleep in there. I hope this one is a lot better.

Wait, really? 2 hours isn't bad at all. We had Biochem in four hour blocks. Now that's painful.

Has anyone taken PDA (Principles of Drug Action)? It looks like we review organic a little bit and then get into topics that require me to remember a lot of organic, which isn't a problem. I'm just wondering if I'll have to be a hermit this semester.

On the block system, we take the same class from 8 to 12 and come back from lunch and go to class from 1 to 3. It isn't so bad usually but when we have a boring prof, it is torture.

So I had my first day of classes for the second semester, and I've started to notice things that bug me even more now. You guys can probably agree or just think it might be odd and only happens to me.

During orientation in first semester, the P2's and P3's told us P1's that we would become very close to our classmates and make close friends. Well, that was definitely true. We did become really close and talk to each other a lot, and even hang out together. But, sometimes you just get close enough to feel like you're in a little family. You might share everything and mess around telling jokes and stuff. But because of stuff like that, it makes me feel like they're judging me sometimes. Now I'm not even sure about sharing personal things with my classmates anymore because they always gossip and talk about everything. I already know this happens everywhere, and I should get used to it (and I have) but I don't know if I can trust anyone to keep a secret anymore.

Oh, and another thing that bugs me is, people who say stuff like "just watch, I'll score higher than you on the next test." I know one girl in my class who does this and it makes me want to just take my stuff and sit on the other side of the class for the rest of the year, and maybe until the end of my P3 year (when our classroom instructions end). I've known that girl since the first day of classes, and we've been close friends, but I just worry that sometimes I'm going to finally snap and yell at her, and then move to the other side. I wouldn't want that to happen. I would try to ignore it, but that's just the way she is. The only way I know how to fix that problem would be to be rude, point it out, and then she would stop, but things between us wouldn't be the same anymore.

Any suggestions on what I can do in this case?

So I had my first day of classes for the second semester, and I've started to notice things that bug me even more now. You guys can probably agree or just think it might be odd and only happens to me.

During orientation in first semester, the P2's and P3's told us P1's that we would become very close to our classmates and make close friends. Well, that was definitely true. We did become really close and talk to each other a lot, and even hang out together. But, sometimes you just get close enough to feel like you're in a little family. You might share everything and mess around telling jokes and stuff. But because of stuff like that, it makes me feel like they're judging me sometimes. Now I'm not even sure about sharing personal things with my classmates anymore because they always gossip and talk about everything. I already know this happens everywhere, and I should get used to it (and I have) but I don't know if I can trust anyone to keep a secret anymore.

Oh, and another thing that bugs me is, people who say stuff like "just watch, I'll score higher than you on the next test." I know one girl in my class who does this and it makes me want to just take my stuff and sit on the other side of the class for the rest of the year, and maybe until the end of my P3 year (when our classroom instructions end). I've known that girl since the first day of classes, and we've been close friends, but I just worry that sometimes I'm going to finally snap and yell at her, and then move to the other side. I wouldn't want that to happen. I would try to ignore it, but that's just the way she is. The only way I know how to fix that problem would be to be rude, point it out, and then she would stop, but things between us wouldn't be the same anymore.

Oh. My. God. seriously? Calm the **** down. This is SO not a big deal. You are the hugest drama queen I have ever had the misfortune to read posts of on this site. Take a Xanax or something already.

Oh. My. God. seriously? Calm the **** down. This is SO not a big deal. You are the hugest drama queen I have ever had the misfortune to read posts of on this site. Take a Xanax or something already.

I'm not a girl though (as you can probably tell since my username is crazybob). Do I complain/whine/rant like a girl? :laugh:

Spend less time worrying about stupid problems like that and spend more time studying?

Spend less time worrying about stupid problems like that and spend more time studying?

Do you have any good advice on how to not worry about problems caused by people who sit close to me every single day? I can't just ignore them everyday because they always talk to me at least some of the time.

Do you have any good advice on how to not worry about problems caused by people who sit close to me every single day? I can't just ignore them everyday because they always talk to me at least some of the time.

How about sitting in the back from now on??? if they come up and ask you WHY you aren't sitting in the front anymore just say,"I actually prefer sitting in the back b/c of blah blah blah (make up an excuse)." Its not that hard.

How about sitting in the back from now on??? if they come up and ask you WHY you aren't sitting in the front anymore just say,"I actually prefer sitting in the back b/c of blah blah blah (make up an excuse)." Its not that hard.

I could do that. But I would actually pick the other side of the room since I don't sit directly in the back, but close to it. They might be less likely to talk to me and things might get awkward because we have been friends for a while.

It would be less stressful, but I would feel like I don't really know anyone at school. I suppose that would be best if I want to focus on doing well in school. But I might have a hard time meeting other students and other pharmacists later on if I don't talk to as many people as I do now.

I could do that. But I would actually pick the other side of the room since I don't sit directly in the back, but close to it. They might be less likely to talk to me and things might get awkward because we have been friends for a while.

It would be less stressful, but I would feel like I don't really know anyone at school. I suppose that would be best if I want to focus on doing well in school. But I might have a hard time meeting other students and other pharmacists later on if I don't talk to as many people as I do now.

If it bothers you move. Why are you worrying about networking now when you can very easily fail out during your p2 year :D.

If it bothers you move. Why are you worrying about networking now when you can very easily fail out during your p2 year :D.

:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:

There aren't enough thumbdown icons I can use for that. Are you sure you care about pharmacy school at all?

What makes you think that anyone would want to leave pharmacy school after surviving one year and putting so much time and effort and money into it?

:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:

There aren't enough thumbdown icons I can use for that. Are you sure you care about pharmacy school at all?

What makes you think that anyone would want to leave pharmacy school after surviving one year and putting so much time and effort and money into it?

I don't think that was the point naseuy was trying to make...

The "one size fits all" desks.

I hate those kinds of desks, especially when I was in high school.

Also, tiny tables or tiny work spaces; Seriously, this isn't Japan. I would LOVE to have an averaged sized text book open where I can see both sides of the textbook and still have my journal or laptop out writing down/typing class notes.

That was a joke btw, and it isn't that people will want to leave, but...

It sounds like you are going for quantity over quality with your friends. Consider trying to find one or two close friends who you can share your secrets with and they won't go blabbing. Your casual friends are going to talk; it is human nature but your good friends will be people you can trust.

As for that other girl, it sounds like she considers you more like a competitor rather than a friend. If things aren't the same anymore after you get her to stop annoying you, how much of a loss would that really be? I'm sure it won't damage your relationship to the point you aren't speaking anymore.

That's even easier then...just move to the front and tell them you can't really see or hear anything in the back. Tell them you want to pay attention to class more...that's IF they ask you why you moved...chances are they will not. Who cares about meeting people??? your goal is to graduate, make the best grades and then start making as much $$$ as possible with the least amount of stress as possible. THATS the GOAL here! LOL...meeting people really does not matter or help you at all (unless you meet Donald Trump or the CEO of a big drug company/pharmacy, but I doubt thats ever going to happen in your pharmacy class!). LOL...

Last edited:
That's even easier then...just move to the front and tell them you can't really see or hear anything in the back. Tell them you want to pay attention to class more...that's IF they ask you why you moved...chances are they will not. Who cares about meeting people??? your goal is to graduate, make the best grades and then start making as much $$$ as possible with the least amount of stress as possible. THATS the GOAL here! LOL...meeting people really does not matter or help you at all (unless you meet Donald Trump or the CEO of a big drug company/pharmacy, but I doubt thats ever going to happen in your pharmacy class!). LOL...

95% of us are in-state residents, and probably ~90% of us will be staying in the state, so the pay is going to be similar for most people working in the same type of environment.

It would be easier to at least know my classmates or people at my school so that I can talk to other pharmacists in the future when I'm working in case I need any favors or requests or recommendations.

gosh, this sounds familiar eh? :p hey, i'm gonna reply to your pm over the week end. though i must warn you it's a bit lengthy :oops: wuv yaaaa!!! no fair you're STILL on break :mad::laugh:

gosh, this sounds familiar eh? :p hey, i'm gonna reply to your pm over the week end. though i must warn you it's a bit lengthy :oops: wuv yaaaa!!! no fair you're STILL on break :mad::laugh:

Well...I have to go back on Monday AND I will be doing some school related stuff tommorrow, so I can get ahead...fun fun! :rolleyes: I am going to miss shopping and sleeping till noon everyday! :laugh:

Take your time on the PM. I hope all is well with school girl! :)

Well...I have to go back on Monday AND I will be doing some school related stuff tommorrow, so I can get ahead...fun fun! :rolleyes: I am going to miss shopping and sleeping till noon everyday! :laugh:

Take your time on the PM. I hope all is well with school girl! :)

I missed that so much (just like everyone else in my class did) on the first day of classes at 8AM. Our first class was a 2-hour class at 8AM. That seems kinda cruel :laugh:

Damnit, crazybob. I spent half of the last semester trying to deduce who you are, and clever as I am, I still can't pinpoint you. I need more clues than "has a crush on a thousand girls" and "is annoyed by loud talkers."

I hate that I'm so caught up on grades with being in pharmacy school. I was NEVER the type to sit and dwell on my grades. They might make me upset initially, but I quickly moved on and never thought about it. Being in pharmacy school has made me competitive and stress over grades. I'm not cut throat/gunner competitive, but in my mind, I need to do better than other people in my class. I still help them if they need it. I made one B last semester, and it's driving me crazy. Blah! I know that it shouldn't matter, and I probably won't miss out any opportunities over 1 B vs someone with a 4.0, but I can't stop thinking about it. I hope to change this before this semester ends.

I hate that I'm so caught up on grades with being in pharmacy school. I was NEVER the type to sit and dwell on my grades. They might make me upset initially, but I quickly moved on and never thought about it. Being in pharmacy school has made me competitive and stress over grades. I'm not cut throat/gunner competitive, but in my mind, I need to do better than other people in my class. I still help them if they need it. I made one B last semester, and it's driving me crazy. Blah! I know that it shouldn't matter, and I probably won't miss out any opportunities over 1 B vs someone with a 4.0, but I can't stop thinking about it. I hope to change this before this semester ends.

Just the opposite for me. I havent even checked my grades for first semester!! And in undergrad I *had* to have the A. It's SO relaxing!