Tips for Chem/Phys and Psy/Soc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SiakTiDoc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
These are my worse subjects and was hoping for advice on how to raise my score.
(Test day is January 28)

Plans
Chem/Phys:
I've been reviewing my weaker subjects through content review, but I don't think this is effective and I'm running out of time.
I'm planning on just doing the AAMC question bank questions and just making sure I understand the explanations for the ones I get incorrect.

Psy/Soc
I have no idea how to go about studying this section.
I've been reviewing flash cards and just drilling them into my brain, since there is a lot of vocab words that are foreign to me since I haven't taken either course since Freshmen year. I do feel confident in the brain anatomy and phys. though.

Anyone got any other advice/ tips?
PS: I used Kaplan's books to review, if that matters.

Members don't see this ad.

For C/P, you need to do practice problems. Use the Section Bank. That will be your best resource. QPack questions are not representative of questions you will encounter on test day - the only thing they are good for is testing whether you understand the content.

For P/S, use Khan Academy. Do all of the Khan Academy practice passages because they are very good.

Reactions: 1 user
These are my worse subjects and was hoping for advice on how to raise my score.
(Test day is January 28)

Plans
Chem/Phys:
I've been reviewing my weaker subjects through content review, but I don't think this is effective and I'm running out of time.
I'm planning on just doing the AAMC question bank questions and just making sure I understand the explanations for the ones I get incorrect.

Psy/Soc
I have no idea how to go about studying this section.
I've been reviewing flash cards and just drilling them into my brain, since there is a lot of vocab words that are foreign to me since I haven't taken either course since Freshmen year. I do feel confident in the brain anatomy and phys. though.

Anyone got any other advice/ tips?
PS: I used Kaplan's books to review, if that matters.

For psy/soc - Khan is probably best and most thorough but can be extremely time consuming... Alot of it is straight vocab and concepts. Memorization will be tested unfortunately. Use the Kaplan flashcard app when you on the toilet. Keep beating in those definitions.

For chem/phys - I enjoyed EK for content review up to physics 2. Continue to khan for physics 2. I taught myself the course on it. Again time consuming but I scored a 128 on that section. When it comes to physics, more concepts then formulas IMO, but every exam is different. Problems and practice make permanent.

Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)