You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
****tmdsas 2013****
Started by capitan2011
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I hope so man. Ive had a handful out OOS interviews, but havent heard anything from ANY texas schools. I'd love to soon hahaAnyone know if it is still possible to obtain a pre dec interview from Houston or Baylor?
I hope so man. Ive had a handful out OOS interviews, but havent heard anything from ANY texas schools. I'd love to soon haha
same here... why has TEXAS forsaken mE?!?!?! lmao
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
same here... why has TEXAS forsaken mE?!?!?! lmao
In the same boat here.....hope they call us for interviews soon.
Sigh. I applied last year also...and wondered why Texas schools weren't inviting me. It's the same nightmare all over again.
same here... why has TEXAS forsaken mE?!?!?! lmao
Im so confused as to why you havent gotten a single interview from Texas yet. You have pretty great stats and youve been getting interviews from other places as well. I dont know what their problem is. Id love for each of us to get an interview at least at ONE of the TX schools.
Good luck to you

I had my final interview today at UTSD, Dr. Pierpont was great. Overall, an impressive school, with students who genuinely love it there, and it doesn't hurt to have a brand new facility. To those who haven't heard back, don't lose hope!! I was told at UTSD that they keep interviewing well into January, so there is still hope!
Finally my first interview from Baylor! It is post December, but I am very excited and nervous! My stats aren't as high, (I posted them in another thread). But there's still hope for those waiting! 🙂
Congrats! What day is your interview and when did you submit your app?
Thanks. It's on 12/5 and I submitted in May but didn't take the DAT till the end of July so it wasn't complete till mid August.Congrats! What day is your interview and when did you submit your app?
Have you tried calling and asking for some info?
Have you tried calling and asking for some info?
I should probably try that haha.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
24 Days, 12 Hours, & 21 Minutes (22 Days, 12 Hours, & 21 Minutes for San Antonio...LOL)
24 Days, 12 Hours, & 21 Minutes (22 Days, 12 Hours, & 21 Minutes for San Antonio...LOL)
you think you're the only one counting down? LOL I have a countdown app on my galaxy s3

How many weeks did SA give you between the notification date and interview date?
i completed my app around the end of June (that's when my last letter of rec got in). Have they already passed me? It seems some people who submitted in august got interviews and I haven't yet 🙁
At this point, Houston is the only hope left for interviewing and actually getting an acceptance (based on what people said they were told at their interviews). Even if Baylor and SA have some January interview spots left, I am assuming their class will pretty much be full by the end of December. Just my two cents. Hang in there buddy! There is still some hope left!
How many weeks did SA give you between the notification date and interview date?
Nvm, just read the email they sent when I sent in my app.... 2 - 3 weeks!
I was notified about 3 weeks in advanceHow many weeks did SA give you between the notification date and interview date?
TXpredent, you stats looks amazing! Have you not heard from any TX school? Hope you will hear from some of them soon. Have you applied to any OOS schools? Good luck! 👍
i completed my app around the end of June (that's when my last letter of rec got in). Have they already passed me? It seems some people who submitted in august got interviews and I haven't yet 🙁
I agree! Hope so too! Best of luck!!!!
bump
I can't believe December is already so close! Everytime I think about it I get butterflies....they have been getting worse! 

I can't believe December is already so close! Everytime I think about it I get butterflies....they have been getting worse!![]()
Story of my life. This is agony
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can't believe December is already so close! Everytime I think about it I get butterflies....they have been getting worse!![]()
I have pumpkins bouncing all over the place...lol..butterflies are so much better.
Will the schools send an email at midnight December 3 or will it be during the day? Do they call as well?
I am so anxious right now and dont know what to during the thanksgiving vacation...so nerve wrecking.
Based on previous years of SDN forums, Baylor and San Antonio sent e-mails just after midnight. Houston apparently sent their notifications after 7AM. Thank goodness for e-mail technology. What if we still had to wait for an acceptance letter in the mail!?!?!?!
I have been hearing conflicting info when it comes to whether SA will extend acceptances on Dec. 1 or Dec. 3. Has anybody spoken to them recently??
I have been hearing conflicting info when it comes to whether SA will extend acceptances on Dec. 1 or Dec. 3. Has anybody spoken to them recently??
Last I heard was that they are sending them out on Dec 1....
Last I heard was that they are sending them out on Dec 1....
which is in 14.5 days.... jesus
Dr. Segura came to talk to us at our pre-dent meeting and said December 3rd when someone asked. I think they changed their minds or something.
Woah really? During my interview on October 8th she specifically told us Dec 1st.... Guess they wanted to follow the trend.
AHHHHHH!!!! This is driving me insane!
Yeah, I confirmed today. SA is doing midnight Dec 3rd.
😱 dun dun dahhhhh
Houston is doing Dec 3rd too. Just dont know if its midnight or after 7am.
What I have heard from previous years is that Baylor and SA send out acceptances at midnight and that Houston sends out acceptances in the morning (7 or 8 am). I don't know what they will do this year...
2 more weeks, so nervous... Do you guys know if they'll tell us based on the interview that we weren't accepted or waitlisted? or just not receiving an email we should assume either of the 2?
2 more weeks, so nervous... Do you guys know if they'll tell us based on the interview that we weren't accepted or waitlisted? or just not receiving an email we should assume either of the 2?
They don't fill the entire class on December 3rd. That means that if you don't receive an acceptance that day, you could still be accepted later on...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UTHSCSA Dec 3rd interview notified today 👍
Congrats!
Thank you BellaNella 🙂 excited! Long shot, but anyone got any info on the interview to share? 🙂 would love you forevessssss
Just for everyone that has the itch to ask for info on the interviews, truth is no one is holding back. There are multiple interviewers and not always an exact "script" or "list" that they go off of, so being said, every interview is unique. Yes, there is one for formalities sake, but its rarely strictly followed (unless you REALLY dont give anything to the interviewer to work with). Best thing to do is to be yourself, be confident, be polite and prepare to sell yourself. Be interesting and be interested in the interviewer as well. The best interviews aren't interviews at all, but are conversations where your personality and ability to speak to others is reflected. My honest opinion is that interviews are mainly designed to not so much reiterate your accomplishments and eligibility but more to show that you're human with people skills and not some awkward robot.
But then again I may be wrong. My two cents.
Last edited:
.
Last edited: