*~*~*TMDSAS 2017*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Don't get me wrong I'm talking about the February round which is on the door.. it hasn't been sent yet .. you absolutely right about mentioned for the 11th of January round and their offers is expired last week!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

you know what, i actually should apologize because i had a brain fart and was thinking that January 1st was the first round, which doesn't make any sense and would make a January 11th round weird. I honestly don't even know how to explain, i'm very sleep deprived i'm just going to log out of SDN.... but yeah what you were saying is accurate!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
you know what, i actually should apologize because i had a brain fart and was thinking that January 1st was the first round, which doesn't make any sense and would make a January 11th round weird. I honestly don't even know how to explain, i'm very sleep deprived i'm just going to log out of SDN.... but yeah what you were saying is accurate!

Hahaha no worries bro I think you feel spoiled for having multiple acceptances .. you deserved them!

Best

Thanks for your reply! UTSD is def my top choice and the affordability is great compared to other OOS schools...fingers crossed!!
Emailed Ms. Roxanne yesterday. The meeting for Jan was yesterday too, and will send acceptance offers in the next couple week. I think more students accepted them this year so they slow the process down a bit. This week is actually their first week of February.

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone who interviewed at UTSD in January, is Dr. Galindo still there? because I remember she was pregnant, I just wanted to make sure incase I need to send my update to someone else if she went on leave

Lol they told you straight C's are fine? Even in science classes?

Yup! Straight C's is a-ok! And I'm not sure if they would be okay with C's in ALL science classes but I think they understand A&P is a hard class so a C is okay. And the other class I asked about getting a C in is Physics and they just want me to pass. I even asked if the significantly lower GPA for that last semester is something that concerns them and they said nope! The only thing they don't want is for you to drop a class you said you would take, especially if it's an important science class. I dropped a Genetics class last semester and didn't tell them until this week, but they didn't seem to care. Very persistent on not dropping A&P though.

Reactions: 1 user
-

Last edited:
I just got accepted to UTHSCSA!!!!! I did not think this would happen. I'm a reapplicant and I got a Dec 1 acceptance to an OOS school. I didn't interview at SA until January. Especially after hearing other people's acceptances, I was not expecting this since they accept in "rounds" but all I have to say is you never know when it will happen so keep checking your emails people. Good luck to everyone. Sending positive thoughts to everyone who is waiting for THAT email.
What date did you interview?

I just got accepted to UTHSCSA!!!!! I did not think this would happen. I'm a reapplicant and I got a Dec 1 acceptance to an OOS school. I didn't interview at SA until January. Especially after hearing other people's acceptances, I was not expecting this since they accept in "rounds" but all I have to say is you never know when it will happen so keep checking your emails people. Good luck to everyone. Sending positive thoughts to everyone who is waiting for THAT email.
Welcome to the family!!!

Anyone know if dropping and swapping around non-prereqs is gonna be a problem for UTSD? Going to call and ask tomorrow obviously, but just thought I'd ask here in case someone already asked.

Congrats!! That's so weird I thought the next round would be sometime next week because of the 2 week time that they give to accept or decline the offer. Do you by any chance know how full the class is?

Congrats!! That's so weird I thought the next round would be sometime next week because of the 2 week time that they give to accept or decline the offer. Do you by any chance know how full the class is?
They are in the 90's as of now

Members don't see this ad :)
So do you think the next round won't be until another 2 weeks? If there will even be one

That all depends on how soon the applicants respond. If all of the "acceptees" respond quickly, there's no need to wait a full 2 weeks. It's also up to the admissions committee's discretion in some cases.

Anyone know if dropping and swapping around non-prereqs is gonna be a problem for UTSD? Going to call and ask tomorrow obviously, but just thought I'd ask here in case someone already asked.
It's chill

Thank you so much!! I think it was that person who dropped their SA deposit to accept TAMU. Maybe I'm incorrect lol, but it's nice to think that. I don't know but I'm hoping for good news for you soon enough!! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you so much!! I think it was that person who dropped their SA deposit to accept TAMU. Maybe I'm incorrect lol, but it's nice to think that. I don't know but I'm hoping for good news for you soon enough!! :)[/
You're so sweet! Thank you I hope so too!! The best of luck to your D1 year!!!:happy:

Sooo how do we collect teeth? lol

Well i know that all of the clinics i went to collected teeth so that when the student volunteers went off to school they could take some teeth with them. So idk if you volunteered anywhere but definitely check at extraction clinics. The problem with those though is that the teeth are not always in great shape... and i think we need some that aren't destroyed.

you can try reaching out to dentists and see if they can collect some for you?

No where in the UTHSCSA email was there anything about collecting teeth. Lol what is this collecting teeth business that you speak of? ‍♀️

No where in the UTHSCSA email was there anything about collecting teeth. Lol what is this collecting teeth business that you speak of? ‍♀️

I know a current D1 and entering D1 going to UTHSCSA and they both collected/are collecting teeth

I know a current D1 and entering D1 going to UTHSCSA and they both collected/are collecting teeth
Oh okay do you know what we will end up doing them and what kind of teeth they are looking for? also how many?

Has anyone heard from UTSD recently?

Oh okay do you know what we will end up doing them and what kind of teeth they are looking for? also how many?

TAMU said they want 60 and I think it's whatever you can get your hands on. I've heard they use them for endo. Don't quote me any of this though. I'm not in school yet haha

Does anyone know when next round of acceptances will go out for TAMU and UTHSCSA? next week?

You know what, did they say "we can see where you put a deposit, but we will not factor that into the decision to accept you or not until April 1st? Because that would make sense
Nope. This was pretty early on in the interview cycle though but I also might not have paid much attention and was too focused on not being nervous!

For all the UTHSCSA folks, if we have all the required immunizations, do we go ahead and send off the document provided during interview day? Or.... do we wait for a follow up email .. that hopefully, tells us what to do now that we're accepted.

Not going to lie... couldn't sleep at all Thursday night because I was so sure I'd hear something on Friday. That's it; I'm going to just not think about it and just prepare for either outcome. ... ... refresh refresh

Not going to lie... couldn't sleep at all Thursday night because I was so sure I'd hear something on Friday. That's it; I'm going to just not think about it and just prepare for either outcome. ... ... refresh refresh
That was also me prior to finding out - it'll catch you by surprise! Don't expect anything as god will give it to you when the time is right. Ironically I was studying when I found out!

Reactions: 3 users
I heard at A&M students extract each other's wisdom teeth. Is this true? Or are people just trying to scare me? Haha

I have 2 small cavities but I'm just using a prescription fluoride toothpaste for next couple of months until I can get it done for free at TAMU :laugh:

Reactions: 4 users
I have 2 small cavities but I'm just using a prescription fluoride toothpaste for next couple of months until I can get it done for free at TAMU :laugh:

Honestly... I might leave A&M with some dentures haha. This is probably not the type of thing to post on a website full of future colleagues, but last time I went to the dentist a year ago they told me I had 5 cavities and I was like ".....Ehhh I'll deal with it after I start dental school. Plan would have been bunk if I didn't get in, but let's just say my partner should get some decent practice :/

Reactions: 3 users
Honestly... I might leave A&M with some dentures haha. This is probably not the type of thing to post on a website full of future colleagues, but last time I went to the dentist a year ago they told me I had 5 cavities and I was like ".....Ehhh I'll deal with it after I start dental school. Plan would have been bunk if I didn't get in, but let's just say my partner should get some decent practice :/
At least you will save a bunch of money getting it done here. No shame.

Well, I should say we "can". I've had classmates go to the oral surgery clinic to get their 3rds extracted. You don't have to though :laugh:.
I was gonna say "Do we fail the class if we already had ours out?" lol

Reactions: 4 users
Come on UTSD... waiting...

Reactions: 5 users
I think this has gone too far. On my interview 01/10/17, Ms. Roxanna told me that they will have a meeting for January interview on the first week of February and email would be send on the second week. I email her again last week on Tuesday and she said that they are meeting right now and letters would be send in the next couple week.

Reactions: 2 users