*~*~*TMDSAS 2017*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think this has gone too far. On my interview 01/10/17, Ms. Roxanna told me that they will have a meeting for January interview on the first week of February and email would be send on the second week. I email her again last week on Tuesday and she said that they are meeting right now and letters would be send in the next couple week.
What do you mean "this has gone too far?"

Members don't see this ad.

54205180.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
@lingbird the troll causing emotional chaos with his/her cliffhanger

Reactions: 4 users
I think this has gone too far. On my interview 01/10/17, Ms. Roxanna told me that they will have a meeting for January interview on the first week of February and email would be send on the second week. I email her again last week on Tuesday and she said that they are meeting right now and letters would be send in the next couple week.
Thanks for letting us know!

Does next couple of weeks mean in March or end of Feb?

Does next couple of weeks mean in March or end of Feb?
Trust me, that's all she said. I'm waiting just like you. I think they may skip one wave because too many students accepted their offers. I don't really plan to come back to SDN after last year cause I don't want to have a waiting feeling. Unfortunately, while waiting for decision, I decided to take a peek and now I'm stuck .

Listen, best advice is to come to terms with the fact that you are not going to receive an acceptance from these schools. Grieve and mourn your dental school hopes and dreams, and then move on, stop checking your email every 30 seconds, just move on.

Then when you do receive an acceptance you'll be beyond overjoyed because you thought it was all over! if you don't receive one, well you already mourned and moved on.

Reactions: 2 users
Third rounds are here for utsd friend just got in

Members don't see this ad :)
My friend also got in today and interviewed 1/3. Are there anymore?? (Hoping there's still more room)

My friend also got in today and interviewed 1/3. Are there anymore?? (Hoping there's still more room)
I'm pretty sure they sent out all their acceptances today so best bet is waiting for the 4th round in 3-4 weeks but tbh seats available are going to be low considering around like 18 acceptances were probably sent out today I'm guessing max amount of acceptances sent out will be like 4-5 if you're lucky :/

Thanks to the users who updated this thread with acceptance reports and congratulations to those who received the "Dr. Cooley email" .

No worries if you didn't get an acceptance yesterday from UTSD. Last year, third round came out February 16, and then after that: March 4. So if this year is similar, the next round will take place at the beginning of March (approximately 2 weeks). Good luck again to you all!

Reactions: 1 users
I called UTHSCSA and A&M and SA said they are sending the next round "in a week or so" and A&M said they've sent a small round 2 a couple weeks ago that will potentially fill the class and will send Alternate list acceptances in a month in needed.

Reactions: 1 users
I called UTHSCSA and A&M and SA said they are sending the next round "in a week or so" and A&M said they've sent a small round 2 a couple weeks ago that will potentially fill the class and will send Alternate list acceptances in a month in needed.

wow that's surprising about A&M!

I had two interviews but haven't heard back from any
Should I start preparing to apply again? If I do, can I still use my old recommendation letters and committee letter? I got them from my best professors and I think they really were good

Should I start preparing to apply again? If I do, can I still use my old recommendation letters and committee letter? I got them from my best professors and I think they really were good
The same letters of rec can be used, but your personal statement should be different.

My a&m acceptance had to be accepted by feb 17th. So maybe if there are anymore spots, yall will hear something next week!

To be honest, as someone who's been through the process both medical and dental, you should probably start to reapply as soon as you submit your application, especially if you are in a gap year. What I mean is that you need to keep taking classes, shadowing, retake your application exams, volunteering.

You need to make sure that your application is different from one year to the next or you stand the risk of having wasted 1-2 years of your life by waiting for a rejection letter to start reapplying. If you have stellar stats, then you don't have to worry as much, and you don't probably need to do too much to improve your app(LOR/essays) but if you are <3.3 <20AA you probably should.

Some schools will even tell you to skip an application cycle because it would be a waste if you get rejected in February and reapply with practically the same app. I was lucky not to have to reapply but I retook the DAT, volunteered more, shadowed more, took more classes after I had submitted my app.

When it comes to reapplying, you definitely want to show that you've improved upon yourself.
When i was a senior in college, i got into dental school in mississippi and decided to decline the acceptance and move to texas to become a resident. After applying the next year as a non resident, this cycle i was a resident. I took a kaplan prep class and increased my aa from a 19 to a 20 and pat from 18 to 21 as well as all my individual sections pretty significantly with organic going from a 19 to 21, reading to 23, etc. I worked as a treatment coordinator at a dental office for 6 months and began getting my masters in Biomedical sciences. I maintained a 3.7 in my first semester, which A&M really liked since the program was all essentially classes we'll be taking in D1. I continued to volunteer with organizations i care about. Most importantly, i expressed how much i had improved upon my past application in my essays. You want them to be somewhat different than past essays. You need to show that you care enough about getting into school that you are willing to continue learning about the industry and science in general! It worked for me and i got in this year. No connections, no one helping me behind the scences, just hard work and trying to show that i really want this.
Hope that helps some!

You can use them again but you will have to resend them if I'm not mistaken

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

When it comes to reapplying, you definitely want to show that you've improved upon yourself.
When i was a senior in college, i got into dental school in mississippi and decided to decline the acceptance and move to texas to become a resident. After applying the next year as a non resident, this cycle i was a resident. I took a kaplan prep class and increased my aa from a 19 to a 20 and pat from 18 to 21 as well as all my individual sections pretty significantly with organic going from a 19 to 21, reading to 23, etc. I worked as a treatment coordinator at a dental office for 6 months and began getting my masters in Biomedical sciences. I maintained a 3.7 in my first semester, which A&M really liked since the program was all essentially classes we'll be taking in D1. I continued to volunteer with organizations i care about. Most importantly, i expressed how much i had improved upon my past application in my essays. You want them to be somewhat different than past essays. You need to show that you care enough about getting into school that you are willing to continue learning about the industry and science in general! It worked for me and i got in this year. No connections, no one helping me behind the scences, just hard work and trying to show that i really want this.
Hope that helps some!

Where are you going next year?

in lieu of some of the upcoming pre-dent/impressions days, was wondering if someone who has been has advice as to how to make the most of the visit? questions to ask/things to look out for perhaps?

If you're still being considered for a school and started grad courses this semester would it be any help to inform them of that or just wait until you can send a transcript?

Last edited:
Turned down my seat at San Antonio yesterday for anyone interested. Next wave of acceptances should be coming soon, good luck!
I probably got your seat this morning! they sent me an acceptance finally and i interviewed in August...

Reactions: 5 users
Does the TMDSAS ask if you have previously applied with the AADSAS portal?

Congratulations to all those who got accepted today!! Join the party on facebook :p UT Health San Antonio School of Dentistry class of 2021 is the group page

Does anyone have experience with switching residency the year prior to starting school?

Theyre through
They're through as in no more acceptances? I already interviewed and I know they are through with interviewing more people. I'm just curious as to when you interviewed, I did not get the email for the alternate list so I am hoping that I am still in contending before being placed on the alternate list since I interviewed early Jan.

They're through as in no more acceptances? I already interviewed and I know they are through with interviewing more people. I'm just curious as to when you interviewed, I did not get the email for the alternate list so I am hoping that I am still in contending before being placed on the alternate list since I interviewed early Jan.
They have already picked alternates as well. Jan 17

I was never put on an alternate list for UTSD and was accepted late March last year and interviewed mid Jan.