This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview #3

School: TAMU
Notification date: 9/11
Interview/Acceptance/Rejection date: 10/4
Method of notification: email
TMDSAS mail-out date:5/11
Application received date: 5/20
GPA (Science, Overall): 3.15, 3.25
Post Bacc GPA : 3.91 (38 credits)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21, 20, 19, 24, none
congrats! are you a first time applicant or a re applicant?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone here gone on their TAMU interview yet? How was it?

The interview was really relaxed. Overall good experience with the school.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard back from Houston yet but have already heard from TAMU and SA. I wonder why, my stats are definitely competitive and I submitted everything very early, about early June.

Reactions: 1 users
I haven't heard back from Houston yet but have already heard from TAMU and SA. I wonder why, my stats are definitely competitive and I submitted everything very early, about early June.
Similar situation but I haven't heard from San Antonio

Reactions: 1 user
How long does it take Houston and San Antonio to receive applications? I got the A&M revived email notification the same day

Well they have a whole hurricane situation that they have to deal with so that is a thing.

How long after an interview at one of the three schools until you hear back and get that sweet acceptance or crushing rejection email?

How long after an interview at one of the three schools until you hear back and get that sweet acceptance or crushing rejection email?

You won't receive rejections letters till the very end of acceptance season. April/May range.

Members don't see this ad :)
You won't receive rejections letters till the very end of acceptance season. April/May range.
Will we know if we're waitlisted in December? I have 2 interviews in September and would like to know at least something in December lol. One interesting thing a D4 said at A&M is that interviewing early basically means "you're in" so I'm really hoping this is the case!

Will we know if we're waitlisted in December? I have 2 interviews in September and would like to know at least something in December lol. One interesting thing a D4 said at A&M is that interviewing early basically means "you're in" so I'm really hoping this is the case!
Waitlists wont come out until around may.

TBH, that really isn't the case. Many people who interview early don't necessarily get in, especially at A&M. While interviewing early increases your chances, it is far from being guaranteed anything.

TBH, that really isn't the case. Many people who interview early don't necessarily get in, especially at A&M. While interviewing early increases your chances, it is far from being guaranteed anything.
Yes I do think he was being a little unrealistic. I think chances are high interviewing early -maybe 60%?- since they haven't even begun to fill up the class yet but by no means guaranteed.

TMDSAS folk, I have an interview coming up this Monday (18th) at UTSA and I was wondering if anyone had a link or knew of a forum for some last minute tips/advice before the big day, in advance, thank y'all!

TMDSAS folk, I have an interview coming up this Monday (18th) at UTSA and I was wondering if anyone had a link or knew of a forum for some last minute tips/advice before the big day, in advance, thank y'all!

Hey bro, I interviewed at SA on the 11th. If you message me, ill give you the details.

Any tips for the UTHouston interview process?

Reactions: 2 users
Honestly wouldn't focus too much on interview dates. I know a handful students in our class who had post-December interviews. I'm pretty sure I interviewed either the very first or second week they started doing them in September and I didn't even get in until the end of January!

Honestly wouldn't focus too much on interview dates. I know a handful students in our class who had post-December interviews. I'm pretty sure I interviewed either the very first or second week they started doing them in September and I didn't even get in until the end of January!
Do you know if the reapplicants in your class got in in December or were most post-December? Thanks!

I agree, I know Texas residents that interviewed months before I did but didn't get accepted to A&M at all.

Nothing is guaranteed.

I agree, I know Texas residents that interviewed months before I did but didn't get accepted to A&M at all.

Nothing is guaranteed.
Oh man I would REALLY like to get accepted before finals lol

So I my app was transmitted to schools July 13th and still haven't heard anything from SA. If at the end of this month I still haven't heard anything, would it be appropriate to contact them asking about my application status?

So I my app was transmitted to schools July 13th and still haven't heard anything from SA. If at the end of this month I still haven't heard anything, would it be appropriate to contact them asking about my application status?

Dude I think you should chill. Mine transmitted 7/15 and I have had interviews with UT Houston and TAMU. I have not heard back from UTHSCSA either

Dude I think you should chill. Mine transmitted 7/15 and I have had interviews with UT Houston and TAMU. I have not heard back from UTHSCSA either
Just wondering, how long did they take to offer you an interview after your app was transmitted?

First Interview!

School: UTHSCSA
Notification date: 9/20
Interview/Acceptance/Rejection date: 10/2
TMDSAS submitted: 6/30
Application transmitted: 8/8
GPA (Science, Overall): 3.86, 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21, 21, 23, 25, none

Reactions: 1 users
I just got an interview invite from UTHSCSA. Who wants to have a drink with me the day before the interview?

My app was finally verified and sent on the 11th of September. A&M emailed me the same day, UT-Houston emailed this past Thursday and SA sent one today. They only stated they received my application and could be up to 2-3 weeks if they decide to interview. Did you check your junk mail? But maybe you are asking about interview invites?? Lets all cross our fingers!!!

Last edited:
My app was finally verified and sent on the 11th of September. A&M emailed me the same day, UT-Houston emailed this past Thursday and SA sent one today. They only stated they received my application and could be up to 2-3 weeks if they decide to interview. Did you check your junk mail? But maybe you are asking about interview invites?? Lets all cross our fingers!!!
I got the same exact reply dates as you!
So does that mean they're just starting to look at our apps? I hope that isn't too late

All I want for Christmas is a TX interview.

All I want for my birthday is an early Christmas present.

Reactions: 4 users
Maybe, I submitted on TMDSAS on 31 July and didn't think it would take them 6 weeks to get to it! I think we should be okay.

If anyone has any questions about UT-Houston, I'd be glad to answer them.
Compared to A&M how may extractions do you do? They say they're doing over 100 extractions. Does UT Houston get that level of experience?

Has anyone heard from Houston recently

4th interview
Notification date: 9/27
TMDSAS mail-out date: 5/31
Application received date: 6/15
GPA (BCPM, Overall): 3.54. 3.60
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24,24,22,22,N/A.

4th interview
Notification date: 9/27
TMDSAS mail-out date: 5/31
Application received date: 6/15
GPA (BCPM, Overall): 3.54. 3.60
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24,24,22,22,N/A.

What dates are they interviewing for still? Are they still interviewing for October or has it got to November yet?

Compared to A&M how may extractions do you do? They say they're doing over 100 extractions. Does UT Houston get that level of experience?
Not sure how many extractions we have to do but every year it changes and every class is different. Overall, you'll be very well prepared when it comes to procedures, especially extractions.

Does it mean more interview invites will be sent out in October now that TMDSAS has closed down? They now have the full scope of everyone who has applied so they don't have to hold out on thinking better applicants might apply? Am I right in this thinking?

anyone who has interviewed at A&M yet, who were your interviewers?