This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ronzroyce97

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently took the Canadian DAT in February and got these scores. Reading comp: 20 BIOL: 19 Chem: 19 Sci Total: 19 Academic Average:19 PAT: 16 MDT: 6

This was my second time taking the DAT, based off these scores alone do you think there is any chance I could make it into a Canadian Dental school or should I retake the DAT in November?
Also would a 3.7 GPA and these DAT scores get me into a US dental school?

My GPA is at 3.7 right now, but by the time I finish i'm thinking it will be around 3.8-3.9.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'll also mention I have 100+ hours of shadowing and have volunteered in a lot of different roles for an extended amount of time as well, gotta be more than 1000 hours of volunteering. I'm also an executive in my universities golden key chapter and have been for two years now..

Reactions: 1 user
I think most the users here are applicants as well, including myself, but I want to say that with a strong LOR and personal statement, you'll definitely have acceptances. Most Universities use DAT and GPA as a guideline to determine whether you can handle the dental school's coursework and based off your stats you definitely met that mark!