Tortall WW Sign-ups

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

It might be one of the short stories.

Yup, lol, downloaded the book called "Tortall" not the first book of the series Tortall. http://www.amazon.com/Tortall-Other-Lands-Collection-Tales/dp/0375866760 Still a cool book.

When I googled the series, I realized that I actually read all of them in middle school. I used to love them!

And I have room for 250 PMs. Let the games begin! 😀

ETA: I think this is the first time I've had an avatar.... my posts look so much cooler now!
 
Dear DVM,

I cannot wait for your game when we can finally play on UK time and I don't look like a non-dedicated player next to Devyn :laugh:

Sincerely,

SnS

(And on that note...i'm going to bed)

🙁

It will be on pst time because I will be holding it before arriving in scotland. And I am going to be doing 2 nights/2 days in one day to make it go faster. I will have to create one at some point when I am in scotland for all of us UKers.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, don't know what you are talking about 😛 What does that have to do with the PM limit? (just wondering) Also, I am going Gold Donor tonight, as soon as my roommate gets home. I use his paypal. 😀


You inbox for messages is going to fill up super quick, and if it does, we can't contact you in private. The main issue we've run into with noobs is they can only PM like 1-5 people at once, so group messages have to be forwarded etc.

Looks like you joined the same time as me though, sooooo you are probs just fine.
 
So, don't know what you are talking about 😛 What does that have to do with the PM limit? (just wondering) Also, I am going Gold Donor tonight, as soon as my roommate gets home. I use his paypal. 😀

We've had some new players join specifically for WW games, and until they've been here about a month, they have a very strict PM limit (can only PM one person, etc).

The reason the groups are set up is because people can PM their group. Being able to send only one PM at a time is extremely frustrating for all parties. 🙂
 
So, don't know what you are talking about 😛 What does that have to do with the PM limit? (just wondering) Also, I am going Gold Donor tonight, as soon as my roommate gets home. I use his paypal. 😀
New members are restricted in their PMing capabilities when they first join. Tiny box, can only send to 1 person at a time. It sucked. 🙁 But one month after joining, my restrictions were lifted and I could PM like a normal person.
 
🙁

It will be on pst time because I will be holding it before arriving in scotland. And I am going to be doing 2 nights/2 days in one day to make it go faster. I will have to create one at some point when I am in scotland for all of us UKers.

Oof...rough...think I may have to sit that one out then.

We can make a UK/Ireland themed one when you get here...I envision alcohol themed items....and bagpipes :laugh:
 
I've been looking for a good book and this may be just the ticket. What do I start with though?!

"Alanna" is probably the best place to start off with. Her first book. Actually where I started in all her books. 🙂 Then you can finish that quartet, then there's Wildmage, and that quartet, and...

Generally you'd very likely be able to pick up all her books (well, most of the beginning ones) in a used bookstore for cheap.
 
Yup, lol, downloaded the book called "Tortall" not the first book of the series Tortall. http://www.amazon.com/Tortall-Other-Lands-Collection-Tales/dp/0375866760 Still a cool book.

When I googled the series, I realized that I actually read all of them in middle school. I used to love them!

And I have room for 250 PMs. Let the games begin! 😀

ETA: I think this is the first time I've had an avatar.... my posts look so much cooler now!

I just deleted over 400 pms from the last game🙄
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No.... Don't sit it out. 🙁

It is only going to go faster because there will be 40 roles and it needs to end before I leave for scotland.

2 cycles a day with an 8hr time difference is gonna be crazy hard though 🙁

And some of these people insist on lynching the quiet/sleeping people😛
 
For Tortall newbies: A helpful wiki!
http://tamorapierce.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Tortallan_Universe

For WW newbies: The rules!
1. Communication: You can post on the thread whenever. You can only PM people in your country, unless you've been given special permission to communicate outside your country (like wolves 😉).
2. Voting: When you post your vote, make sure it's bolded (lynch IPB) or starred (****lynch IPB****) so it's easy to see. We don't want to miss it. 😱
3. Night Actions: Try to send in your PMs as soon as possible. Nobody likes waiting for hours while one person dithers on how they're going to use their ability or item. 🙁
4. Most importantly: Have fun and try to help your side win! 😀
 
^That's more what I'm afraid of :laugh: I can't access internet out in the barns during work, and I will be working 6-9 hours just about every day of this game and then of course there is sleeping 😍. So, if I'm quiet, check to see when the last time I was on, please!!
 
^That's more what I'm afraid of :laugh: I can't access internet out in the barns during work, and I will be working 6-9 hours just about every day of this game and then of course there is sleeping 😍. So, if I'm quiet, check to see when the last time I was on, please!!
You can always PM group members/post on the thread that you'll be away. That way someone usually remembers you'll be gone and will mention it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Carthak
1. Krist
2. holdonhope
3. bbeventer
4. wildcatj
5.

Copper Isles
1. cuitlamiztli
2. Orca2011
3. twelvetigers
4. Trematode
5. (reserved)

Scanra
1. Philliab
2. Emiloo4
3. Abney
4. DVMDream
5. variegata

Tortall
1.
2. Wolfspeaker
3. Snowy
4. Packen
5. SnS

Yamani Islands
1. devyn
2. Dyachei
3. Sheepdog
4. abbercadaver
5. PP

Just bringing the list forward, since it hasn't been on this page. 🙂 Only 2 or 3 more people!!
 
Who are wolves?

You should be in my group... I love noobs, especially as a wolf, right SnS??? 😛


wolves are the people who you are trying to discover and lynch as a villager during the day cycle. Then during the night cycle, wolves kill the villagers. Game ends when all wolves die or villager numbers are equal to wolf numbers
 
You should be in my group... I love noobs, especially as a wolf, right SnS??? 😛


wolves are the people who you are trying to discover and lynch as a villager during the fast cycle. Then during the night cycle, kill the villagers. Game ends when all wolves die or villager numbers are equal to wolf numbers

Ah, poor SnS, I had her in my group too when I was a wolf.
 
Carthak
1. Krist
2. holdonhope
3. bbeventer
4. wildcatj
5.

Copper Isles
1. cuitlamiztli
2. Orca2011
3. twelvetigers
4. Trematode
5. (reserved)

Scanra
1. Philliab
2. Emiloo4
3. Abney
4. DVMDream
5. variegata

Tortall
1. NStarz
2. Wolfspeaker
3. Snowy
4. Packen
5. SnS

Yamani Islands
1. devyn
2. Dyachei
3. Sheepdog
4. abbercadaver
5. PP


FINE!
 
Carthak
1. Krist
2. holdonhope
3. bbeventer
4. wildcatj
5.

Copper Isles
1. cuitlamiztli
2. Orca2011
3. twelvetigers
4. Trematode
5. (reserved)

Scanra
1. Philliab
2. Emiloo4
3. Abney
4. DVMDream
5. variegata

Tortall
1. NStarz
2. Wolfspeaker
3. Snowy
4. Packen
5. SnS

Yamani Islands
1. devyn
2. Dyachei
3. Sheepdog
4. abbercadaver
5. PP


FINE!

Yay, nstarz!!!!! 😀
 
Carthak
1. Krist
2. holdonhope
3. bbeventer
4. wildcatj
5.

Copper Isles
1. cuitlamiztli
2. Orca2011
3. twelvetigers
4. Trematode
5. (reserved)

Scanra
1. Philliab
2. Emiloo4
3. Abney
4. DVMDream
5. variegata

Tortall
1. NStarz
2. Wolfspeaker
3. Snowy
4. Packen
5. SnS

Yamani Islands
1. devyn
2. Dyachei
3. Sheepdog
4. abbercadaver
5. PP


FINE!

:meanie::meanie::meanie::meanie:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Carthak
1. Krist
2. holdonhope
3. bbeventer
4. wildcatj
5.

Copper Isles
1. cuitlamiztli
2. Orca2011
3. twelvetigers
4. Trematode
5. (reserved)

Scanra
1. Philliab
2. Emiloo4
3. Abney
4. DVMDream
5. variegata

Tortall
1. NStarz
2. Wolfspeaker
3. Snowy
4. Packen
5. SnS

Yamani Islands
1. devyn
2. Dyachei
3. Sheepdog
4. abbercadaver
5. PP


FINE!
And peer pressure works on NStarz! :soexcited: Only 1 or 2 more spots left!