You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Touro Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread
Started by artist2022
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi, are there any current Touro dental students here who are willing to speak with me? Thanks!
I’m a current D1, feel free to ask away.
Hey there, D2 here if you have any questions!Hi, are there any current Touro dental students here who are willing to speak with me? Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! When did you submit and also are you IS or OOSJust received invitation from Touro!!!! So excited!
ilee9703
Full Member
Congrats! When did you submit and also are you IS or OOS
My app was complete on July 9th but didnt take my DAT until July 24th. I am OOS
Interview #2
School: Touro
Notification date: 9/17/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28
Application complete date: 7/21
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.16, 3.23
Post-Bacc GPA (overall): 3.95
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/24/28/23/none
Dates available: 10/28 (in person), 11/11 (in person), 12/9 (virtual)
School: Touro
Notification date: 9/17/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28
Application complete date: 7/21
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.16, 3.23
Post-Bacc GPA (overall): 3.95
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/24/28/23/none
Dates available: 10/28 (in person), 11/11 (in person), 12/9 (virtual)
Last edited:
DK2
Full Member
Do you mean notification date "9/17/2020" instead of "8/17/2020"?Interview #2
School: Touro
Notification date: 8/17/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28
Application complete date: 7/21
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.16, 3.23
Post-Bacc GPA (overall): 3.95
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/24/28/23/none
Dates available: 10/28 (in person), 11/11 (in person), 12/9 (virtual)
lol yes thank you!Do you mean notification date "9/17/2020" instead of "8/17/2020"?
Interview #2
School: Touro
Notification date: 9/17/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28
Application complete date: 7/21
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.16, 3.23
Post-Bacc GPA (overall): 3.95
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/24/28/23/none
Dates available: 10/28 (in person), 11/11 (in person), 12/9 (virtual)
Did they reply to your email yet when you selected a date? (I also got an interview today) I just wanted to make sure I don't need to email them again.😕 I don't want the date I selected to get taken...
I have been so indecisive with which date I wanted, so I haven't even emailed them yet /: I hope my date doesn't get taken either. Hopefully they will grant interview dates in the order the emails were received!Did they reply to your email yet when you selected a date? (I also got an interview today) I just wanted to make sure I don't need to email them again.😕 I don't want the date I selected to get taken...
I received a confirmation email with instructions and my interview date. Maybe they are a little busy now but i’m sure you will get it soon.
How soon after emailing did they get back to you? Just curiousHow soon after emailing did they get back to you? Just curious
If you only got it Friday then I would just be patient and wait a couple of business days as they’re probably handling a lot right now.
Did they reply to you yet?Did they reply to your email yet when you selected a date? (I also got an interview today) I just wanted to make sure I don't need to email them again.😕 I don't want the date I selected to get taken...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did they reply to you yet?
Hey, they haven't yet. Have you gotten a response? lol I am just trying to be a bit patient ig 😗
Dr. Kalaidjian
Full Member
I wouldn't say that it will, it's still before the date when schools send out their decisions. I think you'll be fineI got an invite 2 days ago, but the earliest in-person on Oct. 28th and virtual is on Dec.9th
Do you guys think doing virtual can negatively impact the admission since it is so late?
I emailed them 9/18 and just received a response! Which date are you choosing?Hey, they haven't yet. Have you gotten a response? lol I am just trying to be a bit patient ig 😗
My status changed to “invited for interview”Did anyone's status change to "none" after the interview invite?
Dr. Kalaidjian
Full Member
Mine was "invited to interview" for a couple of days but now it changed to none. Must be a glitch. Plus a lot of schools don't really pay attention to the AADSAS statusDid anyone's status change to "none" after the interview invite?
ilee9703
Full Member
Mine was "invited to interview" for a couple of days but now it changed to none. Must be a glitch. Plus a lot of schools don't really pay attention to the AADSAS status
I think it changes to none when we have confirmed date to interview. Mine says none after I got confirmation email
I emailed them 9/18 and just received a response! Which date are you choosing?
I received a response yesterday as well!! I chose the date in November. How about you?
Congrats on completing your interview!! Did you do an in person interview?The interview was extremely laid back, all of the students in my interview group that I talked to all agreed it was such a great experience.
Do not stress at all. Touro really surprised me in a good way today.
Did your interviewer write down the notes when you answered the questions and how long was the interview?The interview was extremely laid back, all of the students in my interview group that I talked to all agreed it was such a great experience.
Do not stress at all. Touro really surprised me in a good way today.
ChrisPreMDorDO
Full Member
Just received an interview invite today! Submitted my secondary on 8/31/20. My invite says that I am invited for a Zoom interview, however, it looks like they are doing some in-person interviews as well. Does anyone know if they will give me an option to go in-person or do Zoom?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just received an interview invite this morning at 8:42am! Soooo excited 😀
Congrats! When did you submit your application?Just received an interview invite this morning at 8:42am! Soooo excited 😀
Thx bro🙂 I submitted 6/16 but my DAT scores were not verified until 8/26-ish.Congrats! When did you submit your application?
Interview #2:
AA: 22, TS: 22
OGPA: 3.83, SGPA: 3.7
in-state resident (NY)
Submit AADSAS app in first week of it opening for submission
took DAT August 16th, got it verified Sept 4th
Received invite for interview on Oct 5th
Planning to interview in person in November
AA: 22, TS: 22
OGPA: 3.83, SGPA: 3.7
in-state resident (NY)
Submit AADSAS app in first week of it opening for submission
took DAT August 16th, got it verified Sept 4th
Received invite for interview on Oct 5th
Planning to interview in person in November
Last edited:
Interview #2:
AA: 22, TS: 22
OGPA: 3.83, SGPA: 3.76
in-state resident (NY)
Submit AADSAS app in first week of it opening for submission
took DAT August 16th, got it verified Sept 4th
Received invite for interview on Oct 5th
Planning to interview in person in November
What dates were given to you? Are they all virtual or in-person?
What dates were given to you? Are they all virtual or in-person?
Nov 11 (in person)
Dec 9 (virtual)
Jan 6 (in person)
Jan 13 (virtual)
Jan 20 (virtual)
Jan 27 (in person)
**interviews only on Wednesdays
I am also interviewing on that day! Looking forward to see you there 🙂Nov 11 (in person)
Dec 9 (virtual)
Jan 6 (in person)
Jan 13 (virtual)
Jan 20 (virtual)
Jan 27 (in person)
**interviews only on Wednesdays
did you guys receive the supplemental application before receiving an interview?
Yes, you'll get the supplemental first, it just takes some time no worries.
Fellow D1 here, wow you really made an account just for this huh.
You're really making fun of a leader actually being smart and cautious during this pandemic? NY has been doing really well in keeping deaths low during recent months and is definitely one of the better states to live in currently. Likewise, Touro has been following state health guidelines really well and is trying their hardest to get us the best education possible while still keeping us safe.
It's true there's been some road bumps in transitioning to virtual lectures/testing, but quite honestly Touro is far from the only school having trouble. The Touro faculty have been very fair with how they're handling any technological difficulties that may arise from either student or profs with the new online learning. Sure you may have to send some emails here and there, but it's nothing too out of your way, and the profs have all been very understanding. No blows to my grade yet.1. They will ask you for patience and mercy as they figure things out during this transition, but it's tough to find that reciprocated when things don't go too well on your end. If there is an error in THEIR testing systems or in their attendance systems you will most likely have to pay the consequences with blows to your grade and more stress on top of an already stressful period of time.
No argument here, communication has been an issue. Although in my case, I have had no problems getting answers to any questions I may have.2. They have poor communication skills and have sent me warnings with less than a weeks notice that I will be terminated because they are missing medical records that you didn't know they were missing. (Imagine studying for exams and getting that email)
3. They have also lost many final transcripts requiring us as students to have to pay to have them redelivered to the school
In 1 class so far. However we did get more extra credit questions on the exams than previous years along with an added 1.5% extra credit (which only really took an email to get). Also not to mention that glitch on one of the exams resulting in many students scoring higher to make for a (positively) skewed grade distribution.4. They have also taken off "freebee" points in some tough classes because we cannot attend in person
I especially disagree with this. You go to the cheapest school period, a potentially better virtual classroom experience isn't worth going into even $10k more in debt. If Touro ends up being your cheapest school, do it since it's really not a school to avoid.During non-COVID times maybe it is a good school and if it's your only option then so be it, but if you can find somewhere else DO IT. Especially since their precious "Emperor" Cuomo doesn't appear to be opening the state any time soon.
You're really making fun of a leader actually being smart and cautious during this pandemic? NY has been doing really well in keeping deaths low during recent months and is definitely one of the better states to live in currently. Likewise, Touro has been following state health guidelines really well and is trying their hardest to get us the best education possible while still keeping us safe.
Is there another Q and A thread with D1’s? I found both these posts be quite helpful as someone OOS that doesn’t know too much about the school.
Thank you for the insight, I’m glad you enjoyed your interview! I have my interview tmrw morning, do you remember how long your interview day lasted?Yup in person! I'm happy I could go because all the faculty and students gave a really friendly vibe that I'm not sure could come across virtually.
Nah no notes. Was very conversational and personal, didn't really feel like an interview. Was a little over 30 minutes but felt way shorter.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
black_chocolate
Full Member
I got my #7 invitation from Touro this morning and chose the virtual interview on Feb 3rd.
All the pre-december seats are gone?Interview #3 for February 3rd. 23 AA 3.7 gpa
Yes earliest was Jan 27th if you wanted in personAll the pre-december seats are gone?
Wow. I see. So I guess pretty much it is going to be into post-phase then, lol. Thank you and congrats!Yes earliest was Jan 27th if you wanted in person
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K