Touro College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am still waiting on my payment instructions also.. I emailed Hilda today!

Members don't see this ad.

I am ok with school, the only downside is the tuition + cost of living since I am out of state.

Members don't see this ad :)
Join the facebook group. Some accepted students have started to look for roommates. Good luck~~~:)

thanks.. and I'm a member of the facebook group, I will go check it out and see who is looking :)

Hahaha me too. I still have four interviews. I do not want to make a $1000 deposit yet. Where are you from?

When you make a payment double check with them that they received it. In my case, I paid and they took the money out of my acount and later on I received an email that you have not make your payment!!! So I had to send them the confirmation number and a copy of email that the payment was made, so keep your confirmation#.

Me too. They gave me a heart attack one morning!!! :scared:

So I had my interview on Feb 7 all I have to do is basically wait until the end of this month...

So I had my interview on Feb 7 all I have to do is basically wait until the end of this month...

Yes. Till 2/29 or 3/1. You will be notified!!! Good luck~~~

Anyone else got an invite or got accepted!

nope. everyone is still waiting. are they done with interviews?

i have an interview on feb 28th so i think they are still doing interviews

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys -- I just graduated from college this past May with a Bachelors and now I am going to Queens College in Flushing, NY, working on my pharmacy pre-required coursework. I had my heart set on MCPHS in Worcester, MA...they have an accelerated program which seemed very good...have any of you guys looked into MCPHS? I've heard good things and bad things, but nothing too out of the ordinary. I was just told about Touro today (never knew this pharmacy school existed until this afternoon)..so I'm looking into that as well...problem is it's crazy expensive and 4 yrs...whereas the accelerated program at MCPHS is 34 months..

i have an interview on feb 28th so i think they are still doing interviews
Hi!
Congrats on getting the interview! I'm going crazy waiting. When did you get an email that you have an interview? I'm hoping to get one for the end of this month! ��

If you look at the cost of MCPHS its almost equivalent to 4 years at Touro....

Hi!
Congrats on getting the interview! I'm going crazy waiting. When did you get an email that you have an interview? I'm hoping to get one for the end of this month! ��

The one in February 28th, I had asked Hilda how many people there will be she said only 12. I do believe there will be another interview some time in March so dont lose hope! =]

The one in February 28th, I had asked Hilda how many people there will be she said only 12. I do believe there will be another interview some time in March so dont lose hope! =]

Good luck on yours!!! I heard that one of the students that she had interview till June when I visited the school. They will continue to interview and offer the admission till the class is fully occupied!!!

Good luck~~~ Don't lose hope!!!;)

Good luck on yours!!! I heard that one of the students that she had interview till June when I visited the school. They will continue to interview and offer the admission till the class is fully occupied!!!

do you know how much is the living cost at Touro NY. could be on or off campus. or there isn't on campus?

Hello guys,

I recently got an interview invite today. This is what it said:

You may schedule your interview on any available date during the cycle, but you must contact us within two weeks from the date of this letter to schedule that interview. Failure to do so will result in the postponement of your application.

Did anybody get an interview invitation like this? This totally caught me off guard. I know many of you have fixed dates, but is it because you chose those dates?
oh interesting! when i got interviewed in January, I got an invite in December. I only had 2 days to respond and when I did; Hilda gave me the date. I didn't get to choose. But, i think choosing would be good considering if you have other obligations. Good luck! =)

OMG this is the wrong Touro thread! I meant to post to the California one.

do you know how much is the living cost at Touro NY. could be on or off campus. or there isn't on campus?

Bad news for you. There isn't on campus. The living cost is about 1500 or more if you rent a room by yourself. If you're renting a two-room apartment, then the average that you will pay is about 1200.

I have a friend who ends up paying 900 for a studio. This is rare, but it will happen too. Check craiglist NY.

BTW, if you're being accepted and planning to attend, then request to join facebook group. A few students have started to look for roommates.

Good luck~~~ ;)

From What I know and heard, you have a chance of being accepted until the first day of class because if you are waitlisted or placed in reserve pool and another fellow decides not to attend, you can take the spot.

Wish BEST of LUCK TO ALL!!!

Anyone commuting from Jersey to Touro? I'm coming from Bergen County taking the NJ Transit

How come Touro hasn't been accredited yet?

Do they usually call you or email you for interviews??

Anyone commuting from Jersey to Touro? I'm coming from Bergen County taking the NJ Transit

How come Touro hasn't been accredited yet?

Do they usually call you or email you for interviews??

It will be accredited once the first class graduates this May and they email for everything including interviews.

one hotel night = half of a round trip ticket.
I am planning on comingin at like 5am in the morning and hang out at the airport until close to time... then take the taxi over to the school ... and right afterwards, take the 6pm flight home to cali so no hotel! lol lets hope this plan works out with my work schedule... if not I would have to cancel =/

I am planning on comingin at like 5am in the morning and hang out at the airport until close to time... then take the taxi over to the school ... and right afterwards, take the 6pm flight home to cali so no hotel! lol lets hope this plan works out with my work schedule... if not I would have to cancel =/

haha, sounds like its gonna be a rough day. that would indeed save a lot of money.
I am also waiting for an interview. they are checking my prereq which i dont know why it would take 2 weeks when its just a few prereqs

the m60 bus goes very close to federicks! you can take that for 2.50 ..its super close to the hotel Aloft..i took m60 there and it was worth it. the ride time was about 20-30min depends on traffic and you can just tell the bus driver. this will save you tons of money. and m60 bus takes you STRAIGHT to the airport afterwards.

still waiting to see if I got an interview of not............I saw someone say that they only email interview request at the end of the month, so does that mean that you can't receive one until then?

still waiting to see if I got an interview of not............I saw someone say that they only email interview request at the end of the month, so does that mean that you can't receive one until then?

hoepfully not, i want to get an interview asap also :)

Normally they will send interview invite through email about 2.5-3 weeks before the actual interview date.

And you will get notified by the end of each month, in one of the three answers: Accepted, Denied, or Reserve pool!!!

Good luck~~~

Quick question, everyone. Did you guys post the "Life Experiences" Supplemental Essay in the PDF or print it out and re-attach it on another page?

I transferred it into a Word file and typed it up. its sooo much easier. you can create an adobe account and do it

I transferred it into a Word file and typed it up. its sooo much easier. you can create an adobe account and do it

I was able to type up everything fine in the PDF, but not the supplemental essay part. It seems to shrink.

Does anyone know when we receive the financial aid rewards letter? I am looking for housing and they need proof of financial situation!

I also had troubles with fitting into the field for life experience essay...I just edited the pdf doc for the field margins.

I was able to type up everything fine in the PDF, but not the supplemental essay part. It seems to shrink.

yeah, if you convert it to a word file, you wont have that problem. there's no shrinkage :thumbup:

Supplemental app. question:

I went to a university that was on the quarter system and I was wondering what you guys would recommend when filling out the prerequisite checklist. For example, I took the general biology series which is 8 semester hours/ 12 quarter hours and received 3 different grades. I am not sure if i should just list the series as one class with my average grade or list it as 3 different classes (in quarter hours). The application explicitly says to list classes in semester hours, so I am confused about listing a course series. (I can list a singe class just fine...5 quarter hour course = 3.34 semester hours.)

Did you guys list course repeats on the prereq cheklist?

thanks.

i think you should list it as three different classes with the different grades..

Supplemental app. question:

I went to a university that was on the quarter system and I was wondering what you guys would recommend when filling out the prerequisite checklist. For example, I took the general biology series which is 8 semester hours/ 12 quarter hours and received 3 different grades. I am not sure if i should just list the series as one class with my average grade or list it as 3 different classes (in quarter hours). The application explicitly says to list classes in semester hours, so I am confused about listing a course series. (I can list a singe class just fine...5 quarter hour course = 3.34 semester hours.)

Did you guys list course repeats on the prereq cheklist?

thanks.

Since you took all the classes in different quarters, then list all the terms that you did it. Don't average the grades. List all the grades. Make sure all the quarter units that you list must fulfill 8 semester units. When you are doing converting, don't worry by greater than 8 semester units, don't make it less than 8 units.

For the repeats, I have no idea!!! But, double check with Hilda. You can email her.

Good luck~~~

Does anyone know when we receive the financial aid rewards letter? I am looking for housing and they need proof of financial situation!

I haven't received any paperwork from them yet. I assume we will receive sometime around June. You can submit your financial aid application first. This will speed up the process, since the school has all your information when they want to retrieve from FAFSA.

For the housing part, you may want to have any of your family member to become a co-signer if you don't get the proof of financial aid on-time.

I edited the form in Adobe. That's why I could enter my supplement essay.

Since you took all the classes in different quarters, then list all the terms that you did it. Don't average the grades. List all the grades. Make sure all the quarter units that you list must fulfill 8 semester units. When you are doing converting, don't worry by greater than 8 semester units, don't make it less than 8 units.

For the repeats, I have no idea!!! But, double check with Hilda. You can email her.

Good luck~~~

Thank you!

It's the last day of the month. Did anyone received an email about acceptance or reserve pool status?