TOUROCOM-NY Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hello. i recv the supplemental application. does it mean that an interview is promised upon remitting $200 app fee?

Members don't see this ad.

hello. i recv the supplemental application. does it mean that an interview is promised upon remitting $200 app fee?

Yes, could you please switch to the 2008-2009 Touro thread. It is getting difficult to track and answer on 3 different threads.:p

Good Luck,
Gold

For those who were accepted CONGRATS! I want to just let the people know who are coming from out of state places nowhere near NY, that Harlem at night time isn't a safe place to be. don't want anyone hurt now, just giving everyone a heads up. hope to join the touro family in 2 years :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey All!

I'm currently a student at TouroCOM (NY) class of 2011. I run the student website: www.harlemdo.com. Just recently I added a section for "visitors" (aka future students) where you can post questions. Since a lot of TouroCOM students are not frequent visitors of SDN, you might have some luck, and get some additional info, by posting your questions there!

As for living on 125th street, I'm not sure I agree with the previous post about "Harlem isn't a safe place to be." I lived without problems on 125th street last year. Harassment from random people on the street - ok. I guess danger is all relative... I never felt threatened. I'm living on the upper west side now, a "nicer" neighborhood, and there was a shooting on my street within weeks of moving in to my new apt. New York is a dense city, so you need to be aware of your surroundings regardless of where you are living.

I have other issues with the school, but I'd have to say security is not one of them...

:)
Chris

Last edited:
Would anyone that was accepted to the school be willing to share some common interview questions. It's my first interview and I'm a little nervous. Please help!

Would anyone that was accepted to the school be willing to share some common interview questions. It's my first interview and I'm a little nervous. Please help!

The standard: why do you want to be a physician, why DO, why Touro-NY?
Know some of the big health issues affecting the Harlem/urban area/population. How does this fit with your goals of becoming a physician? Try not to repeat experiences that you've already listed in your application, but if you can't avoid it, try to go into more detail than what you've already stated.

The interview is closed file, so take control -- if something catches you off guard, always respond professionally and in a manner that coincides with what your application tells about you. They don't tend to ask many medical ethics questions, if at all. Relax, just be natural, and remember to have confidence in yourself (but not arrogance!) Good luck! :luck: