Travel RN to MD - post bacc/SMP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

suj_k

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello!

Long time lurker here. I’ve browsed through several forums to see how other nurses have made the transition, and I’m excited to start this journey!

I’m currently traveling as an OR nurse. I graduated in 2018 with 3.36 cGPA, and 3.45 sGPA. Still have to take Physics 1/2, Biology 2, Orgo 1/2, Biochem. I took Chem and Bio 1 in 2013.

I’m looking at doing a formal post bacc program or an SMP.. not sure which direction to go.

What is the best course of action for me? Thank you in advance!
 
Hello!

Long time lurker here. I’ve browsed through several forums to see how other nurses have made the transition, and I’m excited to start this journey!

I’m currently traveling as an OR nurse. I graduated in 2018 with 3.36 cGPA, and 3.45 sGPA. Still have to take Physics 1/2, Biology 2, Orgo 1/2, Biochem. I took Chem and Bio 1 in 2013.

I’m looking at doing a formal post bacc program or an SMP.. not sure which direction to go.

What is the best course of action for me? Thank you in advance!
Definitely do a post-bacc and get the prereqs done. Do your best to get all A’s so your recent trend is nice. I think if you jumped into an SMP without having the prereqs, you might have a hard time. Many SMP’s also require these courses for admission.