***tucom-mi Class Of 2010***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
AZWildcat said:
Whats up everyone!
OK, so my big bro called me and said that he was thinking
(along with some of his 2nd yrs) about getting a "party bus" maybe the second weekend of school to take a ton of us into SF to go to the bars. They were thinking this would be a good opportunity to have a sort of mixer between the 1st yrs and the 2nd years, celebrate the beginning of school, and get to go out in SF without having to worry about drivers. He just wanted me to throw the idea out there and see if there is any interest from our class. Only catch is that he said it could cost around $20 a person or so depending on how many went, but it sounds like it's worth it to get there and back safely.

Post if you are interested and the 2nd yrs will set it up and let us all know what's going on.
Mayron

That sounds like it'd be cool... I know people that have done it and said it was really fun... I'd most likely be down :D

Members don't see this ad.

AZWildcat said:
Whats up everyone!
(along with some of his 2nd yrs) about getting a "party bus" maybe the second weekend of school to take a ton of us into SF to go to the bars. They were thinking this would be a good opportunity to have a sort of mixer between the 1st yrs and the 2nd years, celebrate the beginning of school, and get to go out in SF without having to worry about drivers. He just wanted me to throw the idea out there and see if there is any interest from our class. Only catch is that he said it could cost around $20 a person or so depending on how many went, but it sounds like it's worth it to get there and back safely.

Post if you are interested and the 2nd yrs will set it up and let us all know what's going on.
Mayron

Hello everyone! My name is Joe. Quick intro: I graduated from UCSD in 2003. Grew up in San Francisco, but I worked in a step-down ICU in Texas until last April. Moved back to Seattle to hang with the folks, and I just got down to Vallejo a few days ago. I was actually at that open house back in May in order to meet some of you, but only found prospective students. Anyways, I'm posting now of all times because:

Sign me up for the party bus! Great idea, thanks Mayron.

See you all in a few,
Joe

Forgot to mention: Say hello if you're on myspace.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=11603084

AZWildcat said:
Whats up everyone!

Mayron

The party bus sounds like a great idea. Count me in.

Members don't see this ad :)
AZWildcat said:
Whats up everyone!

Mayron

Yea I actually did one about a week ago through one of the mexican restaurants in the mission. The one we had, we could stock the bus with anything we wanted and then tell the bus driver where we wanted to go. We went to a differnet bar in a few of the different areas of SF. We also had 4 pinatas and we went to a different park in between each bar and busted those open. So it was quite the night! But our bus costed 35 per person but that is only becuase we had the pinatas filled with stuff and decorations and a LOTs of alcohol on the bus.

Anyway very cool idea and I would definitely do it again! :)

Has every one recieved a schedule for orientation? I havn't yet gotten mine, but I live all the way at the other end of the country. And no one is picking up the phone at Touro. Also, where did you guys send the health record stuff? Should I just send them to the admissions office?

Thanks

Greenalicious said:
Hi all,

Just thought I'd share with you all, if you're planning on buying the Littman (III) Stethescope, it's pretty cheap at www.allheart.com. Also, gloves are pretty cheap from them. And I just found out that scrubs are sold at Walmart and Costco... but I think that at Costco they come is sets of two tops and one bottom, or the other way around... probably cheapest at Walmart... and I was all excited to get some cool colors till I noticed that we're only allowed to have any shade of blue... :( there go my cool moss scrubs...

hope this helps someone,
ciao. :luck:

Thanks for the price check. Yep that was pretty inexpensive. What did you decide to do about the opthalmascope and otoscope? Are you going to purchase those throught the same company?

I'm in!

I arrived in Vallejo from Minnesota on Saturday, so if anyone wants to get together before orientation let me know! I have more free time than I know what to do with=) I did check out the Giants game last night though - awesome stadium!

Melanie

AZWildcat said:
Whats up everyone!

Mayron

Hey everyone!

I can't believe in less than a month we'll all be starting med school! Can't wait to meet everyone during orientation.

I wanted to know if anyone has bought any of the textbooks. My Big recommended a few, I wanted to know what other Bigs recommended on buying. Is everyone buying all the books required through the reservation thing or online or..? I don't know if I should buy mine now or just wait till school starts first....

Ahhh I'm moving across the country next week!!! This is crazy but so exciting. See everyone soon!

Flt Surg WannaB said:
Thanks for the price check. Yep that was pretty inexpensive. What did you decide to do about the opthalmascope and otoscope? Are you going to purchase those throught the same company?

alright... about books and supplies... I just ordered everything in the past two days... my big sib is probably still on vacation, so I asked the person who set me up with my big sis for info... she basically said she found most books helpfull, except for the medical biochem one... and in places where she didn't mention books she liked, she said the prof liked to give assignments from the current texts... this is what put me off of getting the older editions through the student book sale... She also said that last year a rep came from Welch-Allyn and gave really good discounts, so I'm doing to wait on the diagnostic set... as a side note, i was planning on getting the Pan-Optic because might as well get a good one that will last, but I was at my eye doctors yesterday and his collegue said that it sux big time... ??? dunno ???

for supplies, i bought the litt III steth and a BP cuff from allheart.com.

basically, after many hours of research... i found a good website that compares textbook prices from various diff sites like half.com, buy.com, overstock.com... etc... i think this website is www.cheapesttextbooks.com ... keep in mind though that you should click on the link and check that that price really is available... it might be from a couple days ago or something, but sometimes that price just wasnt there... then I found online coupons for a few of the sites... just do a google search for "coupon code buy.com" as an example... for buy.com I think I found spend $175, get $10 off... for overstock.com, 10% off entire purchase for new customers... even if you're not new, just use a diff email and create a new acct... ;) ... there may have been one or two more sites that had coupon codes...

my grand total for books was around $800... :( ... I paid and then I cried a little... but I figure that these books will be good reference material, and especially since this is the begining, better overprepared than under... just my take on it...

I have recently joined the cult of myspace, so if anyone has any questions or just wants to say hi... I'm at http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=93175189...

sorry this is so long.. hope it helps someone...
ciao, y.

i'm really scared, excited and nervous all at the same time and i hope everything will get better in these upcoming weeks. anyway, i haven't done anything yet in terms of getting supplies! do we need to get everything before orientation? okie-dokie, that's all i gots for now. take care everybody! can't wait to meet all of you in a couple of weeks. peace and luv, fuzziefoo :)

Hi everyone. wow...i haven't been on the website for a few days and there are all sorts of posts on here now to catch up on. i'm really glad to see that everyone seems to be excited for school and that we have this website to swap info and whatnot. i'm really looking forward to meeting everyone soon!

i just got into CA this evening and will be moving in tomorrow (hopefully...assuming movers show up, leases get settled, etc. you just never know how that stuff works out).

i haven't bought anything that i need, and i don't think i will get around to it until after we start. i reserved a few books on the online sale. but, i hear there will be plenty of time when school starts to buy/order the books that we need. i just really can't afford to buy all of those books on the list, especially if we might not really need all of them. plus, the online world is so quick these days...if you really think you need one of the books, you can always order one, and it shows up within a couple of days. i've gathered up a few of the things that i've been able to find, like gloves, scrubs, etc. i know they said we have to have blue scrubs. but, i'm hoping not to get detention if i'm wearing a different color scrubs. i had green ones at my old job, and i already have them. so, i'm just going to use those. also, i got a stethoscope from my brother as a "good luck in med school" gift. i might buy a bp cuff. but, again, i can't really see spending all that money on all of the supplies. maybe we can have a big group of us who shares some of the supplies, and each of us buys one of them???

as for the health info...there's an address at the end of the form (for the director of student health) that you can mail it to. but, i'm sure if you mail it to the admissions office, i'll get to the right place.

nope...haven't gotten a schedule either. and, since i've left home now, i have my doubts that i'll get one before we actually start??? maybe someone could possibly scan it and email it out???? i do appreciate the offer to get it faxed, but also don't have a fax.

party bus sounds awesome. i'm in!!!

sorry for the rambling message. i just wanted to get a few of my thoughts out there. like i said...definitely looking forward to meeting everyone real soon. and, maybe i'll bump in to some of you this weekend moving in and whatnot. enjoy the last couple of days......

HEy,

So I defend my PhD on Monday and leave New Olreans on Tuesday.

I am just as excited as everyone else, but I'm also more exhausted than I can ever remember...and I'm not finishing here yet.

I will be hopefully drivnig into Benicia on the 31st ish.

I should have the truck for a few extra days if one or two of you would like a mutually beneficial exchange...I need to buy a bed and maybe buy some furniture off craig's List.

I can't help everyone, but if I can, I will.

Just blip me an email and I'll give you my cell number.

Ill help if I can...assuming my dog, my cats and I don't get a flat in Colorado or something!

Chao for now,

Say a little prayer or cross your fingers for me on monday!

Sarah
PhDtoDO

Hi Class of 2010, don't stress about orientation or your upcoming schedules..it will soon be taken care of. Plus there is nothing you guys can do it, so you might as well enjoy the last 2 weeks of vacation before you really experience what med school is like :) As a 2009'er, I know our class is preparing for your class' orientation. You will get a chance to meet us as well as ask us any questions/concerns you have about your upcoming semester. Most of you have big sibs...if you don't, get one...it's an invaluable tool in the course of your 1st year. Some person in my class is going to e-mail you guys a list of books that we found helpful. But remember, what one person really finds helpful, may not be another person's cup of tea. I really wouldn't worry about getting all of your textbooks right away...they do cost a lot of money, and you want to make sure you get your money's worth...you can talk to your big sibs about what books they liked...our library has most of the textbooks that you need...so you can look at them before you make the big purchase. The lecturers at Touro are great, and they give out fantastic handouts. Most of the time you will just read your lecture notes, but use your textbooks and/or board review books to supplement your learning if there are some concepts that are hard. If you guys have trouble in a particular course, get a tutor (free of charge). There are some amazing people in my class who can help you with your coursework, and it will help us prepare for our boards as well.

Scrubs...doesn't matter what color it is...if you work at hospital, or know someone who does, just get them there. No need to buy the instruments...during the 1st week of school, the anatomy lab will sell used instruments for a couple of bucks.

Medical instruments: get the stethescope and the BP cuffs now, and hold off on other stuff (you won't need the oto/opthalmoscope until 2nd semester)

A lot of people in my class are on vacation...a lot of them are finishing up a medical trip in Africa, other people are getting married, others are all over the country doing summer fellowships (no need to worry about fellowships or summer opporunties, there will be a presenation on what we did this summer). So don't stress out if your big sib doesn't respond to you ASAP.

Above all, most of you are close to moving in around the Vallejo area...i encourgage you guys to meet up, grab dinner/drinks, and get to know one other...it's going to be a LONG ride. We will be having club day, I believe, during your last day of orientation....this is a great way of meeting 2nd years, as well as taking a look at what medical interests you guys have.

If anyone has any more questions, just PM me.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys, i know orientation starts on august 2 but does it continue until friday august 4? or is it just on wed? thanks

I am pretty sure that orientation is 3 days

Howdy folks,

I've put out a couple of posts about buying books. There back a ways in this thread.

If anyone gots a question . . . I'm happy to try to help. Just PM me or post it here. There are some 2nd years that read this.

Bryan

Greenalicious said:
alright... about books and supplies... I just ordered everything in the past two days... my big sib is probably still on vacation, so I asked the person who set me up with my big sis for info... she basically said she found most books helpfull, except for the medical biochem one... and in places where she didn't mention books she liked, she said the prof liked to give assignments from the current texts... this is what put me off of getting the older editions through the student book sale... She also said that last year a rep came from Welch-Allyn and gave really good discounts, so I'm doing to wait on the diagnostic set... as a side note, i was planning on getting the Pan-Optic because might as well get a good one that will last, but I was at my eye doctors yesterday and his collegue said that it sux big time... ??? dunno ???

for supplies, i bought the litt III steth and a BP cuff from allheart.com.

basically, after many hours of research... i found a good website that compares textbook prices from various diff sites like half.com, buy.com, overstock.com... etc... i think this website is www.cheapesttextbooks.com ... keep in mind though that you should click on the link and check that that price really is available... it might be from a couple days ago or something, but sometimes that price just wasnt there... then I found online coupons for a few of the sites... just do a google search for "coupon code buy.com" as an example... for buy.com I think I found spend $175, get $10 off... for overstock.com, 10% off entire purchase for new customers... even if you're not new, just use a diff email and create a new acct... ;) ... there may have been one or two more sites that had coupon codes...

my grand total for books was around $800... :( ... I paid and then I cried a little... but I figure that these books will be good reference material, and especially since this is the begining, better overprepared than under... just my take on it...

I have recently joined the cult of myspace, so if anyone has any questions or just wants to say hi... I'm at http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=93175189...

sorry this is so long.. hope it helps someone...
ciao, y.

Hey there,

Thanks for the Gouge! I wish I would have read the other posts prior to purchasing my equipment about holding back before buying the oto/opthalmoscope! Yikes! I did order my Steth from AllHeart. It was definitely the best price that I saw available for a Littman Cardio III. Note to self: the 27" black tubing is currently out of stock so I ordered a 22" instead.

I bought a Panoptic from Ebay. Great price and it came with a blood pressure cuff. If its a pile of poo, then I will sell it on Ebay when I no longer need it. Might take it with me if I get deployed out someplace sandy.

My Big Sib is so awesome!! We went to dinner the other night where she showed me a cool Japanese restaurant right on my doorstep with views of the water. Anyway, she suggested books that she found that she actually utilized. I researched them out on half.com. I'm holding out though to make sure the rent check clears. I found out that we won't be getting our financial aid checks until possible the 10th or later. Yikes, its gonna hurt until then.

Orientation is going to be 3 days long and part of orientation I heard involved introductions in front of the class. Its videotaped too. Nice.

Which prof gave assignments from recent texts?

Lisa

Flt Surg WannaB said:
Hey there,

Thanks for the Gouge! I wish I would have read the other posts prior to purchasing my equipment about holding back before buying the oto/opthalmoscope! Yikes! I did order my Steth from AllHeart. It was definitely the best price that I saw available for a Littman Cardio III. Note to self: the 27" black tubing is currently out of stock so I ordered a 22" instead.

I bought a Panoptic from Ebay. Great price and it came with a blood pressure cuff. If its a pile of poo, then I will sell it on Ebay when I no longer need it. Might take it with me if I get deployed out someplace sandy.

My Big Sib is so awesome!! We went to dinner the other night where she showed me a cool Japanese restaurant right on my doorstep with views of the water. Anyway, she suggested books that she found that she actually utilized. I researched them out on half.com. I'm holding out though to make sure the rent check clears. I found out that we won't be getting our financial aid checks until possible the 10th or later. Yikes, its gonna hurt until then.

Orientation is going to be 3 days long and part of orientation I heard involved introductions in front of the class. Its videotaped too. Nice.

Lisa

Um, when I called they said the checks would be available the 27th of July. I talked to the bursar's office. Who did you talk to?

I talked to financial aid and they said that they will recieve our loan dispursements on the 27th of july...but it takes about a week for the bursar to process our tutition (make deductions) and issue each of us a personal check...

i purchased all the required books...just becuase i am a person who likes to read the book for more info....a great place to seach for books is www.campusi.com which checks many diff. websites to give you the best price.

good luck and see you all on aug. 2nd :)

mj1878 said:
Um, when I called they said the checks would be available the 27th of July. I talked to the bursar's office. Who did you talk to?

Flt Surg WannaB said:

Lisa

We have an assignment already?!!! I'm so confused :( help

If you guys still need to buy a stethoscope etc.
Steeles is kind of like allheart but no tax and cheaper shipping cost.
https://www.steeles.com

-billy

mj1878 said:

I walked in and talked to Nicole in financial aide and the bursars office as well back in the second week of July. The funds get released to Touro on the 27th of July, but the refund check processing and dispersal takes about 10 days after that. If you have more up to date information, please let me know (that would be really good news)!

Thanks!

FrogE7 said:
We have an assignment already?!!! I'm so confused :( help

LOL - No, don't worry there aren't any assignments for our class. This comment was in response to the posting from Greenalicious (advice from her Big Sib).

hi everyone. i was being a little too organized and now i've misplaced my schedule and book list. does anyone know if we can access this stuff online? especially the book list. thanks a bunch.

In case you have not received the email, we have orientation starting next Wednesday at 8 AM instead of noon. Does that mean we will be there all day on Wednesday? I tried to call the office, but no one answered. If anyone finds out, can you please post on here? Thanks!

Flt Surg WannaB said:
I did order my Steth from AllHeart. It was definitely the best price that I saw available for a Littman Cardio III. Note to self: the 27" black tubing is currently out of stock so I ordered a 22" instead.
Lisa

I was wondering the difference between 22" & 27"? (other than the obvious length difference) Why one over the other?

Can any of the second year give their opinion on whether or not we should buy the supplies that the school requires before school starts? Most of the supplies are pretty expensive and I don't want to buy them if we don't need them right away. Also, I've heard that some companies visit school during the first week and offer discounts for either group orders or just as promotions in general. I was wondering if that is the case at Touro. Thanks!

Can't believe we're starting in a week!!! :scared:

Another good place to look for books is bigwords.com it searches a bunch of places and compares them.

Can anyone recommend some car insurance companies that are cheaper and that cater to students?

Thanks

Hey!
I thought I would share this info about orientation.

"Lunch will be provided on Wednesday and Friday. Thursday’s session starts after lunch. You will be here until 5:00 pm on Wednesday."

congrats! good luck moving! an acceptance is always soo exciting, so again, major congrats! :)

UVAdoc said:
I just got called in off the waitlist and will be attending with you guys this year! I am so excited that I probably make no sense typing, but I know that I have a lot of pages of SDN reading to do now that I can get on the same page as you guys.

Good stuff!
Congratulations! I bet you feel soooo relieved! Since you just got called off the waitlist your not on the listserv yet... which means you didn't get my invitation to a Margarita Party Monday afternoon. If your going to be in town by Monday email me and I'll send you directions. (the invitation is to Tucom 2nd years too...)

Yahoo! Only 4 days to go!

DRofO said:
Congratulations! I bet you feel soooo relieved! Since you just got called off the waitlist your not on the listserv yet... which means you didn't get my invitation to a Margarita Party Monday afternoon. If your going to be in town by Monday email me and I'll send you directions. (the invitation is to Tucom 2nd years too...)

Yahoo! Only 4 days to go!

The weather is perfect for margaritas and I look forward to meeting many of you during orientation. I have 2 kids and I work Saturdays in an ER so if this resonates with you then come find me - I am the official old man in the class of 2009. Though, one of my little sibs strips that position from me in your class.

Enjoy your last weekend see you soon. :D

Glenn

UVAdoc said:
These may not get answered before tomorrow, but I figure I should ask:

1) Are we required to bring anything specific to orientation (notebook, forms, etc.?)

2) Can we park anywhere we find a spot on campus? If not, where are we supposed to park?

3) What was the consensus choice for an apartment to rent? It may be the case that everyone is just really spread out all over the place, but if there is an apartment complex that most students rent at, please let me know cause I am trying to figure out where to stay now that I got in. I want a one bedroom place somewhere.

4) Are people going out to party, and if so, what nights and where to? Did that bus to San Fran thing ever get planned?

Thanks in advance to everyone that answers. See yall tomorrow!

Just because I'm crazy and I check SDN every few hours when I'm not busy (which seems to be a lot recently)...I'll answer your questions before tomorrow.

I am going to bring paper and a pen tomorrow to orientation. We don't need to bring anything, minus a check if you plan to buy used books. Oh yeah, if you haven't handed in your deferment forms for loans, those need to be handed in tomorrow. I may even bring my laptop, but I don't know if I want to lug it around.

You can park anywhere (or so I was told), as long as you have a parking permit. We will get the permits tomorrow. But I would just park anywhere for tomorrow.

As far as apartments, I don't know (I live in Berkeley...there are three or four of us here). I think we are pretty spread out over the East Bay Area. I have met a few people living in Vallejo. Most of them live in houses or in apartment complexes (PM SotaBgirl...or SotaBgrl...I forget which one...I know she lives in a complex with other MS1...but she shares her room with another student because it's too expensive to live alone). It all depends on how much you want to pay and how far away from the school you want to live. I saw that Nic and Bonnie have an open spot in their place in El Cerrito. If you want their emails/numbers, just PM me.

And finally...the parties. I have no idea about planned parties, but I am sure you will hear about them in the next few days.

Good luck! See you tomorrow :)

BluesClues32 said:
Just because I'm crazy and I check SDN every few hours when I'm not busy (which seems to be a lot recently)...I'll answer your questions before tomorrow.

I am going to bring paper and a pen tomorrow to orientation. We don't need to bring anything, minus a check if you plan to buy used books. Oh yeah, if you haven't handed in your deferment forms for loans, those need to be handed in tomorrow. I may even bring my laptop, but I don't know if I want to lug it around.

You can park anywhere (or so I was told), as long as you have a parking permit. We will get the permits tomorrow. But I would just park anywhere for tomorrow.

As far as apartments, I don't know (I live in Berkeley...there are three or four of us here). I think we are pretty spread out over the East Bay Area. I have met a few people living in Vallejo. Most of them live in houses or in apartment complexes (PM SotaBgirl...or SotaBgrl...I forget which one...I know she lives in a complex with other MS1...but she shares her room with another student because it's too expensive to live alone). It all depends on how much you want to pay and how far away from the school you want to live. I saw that Nic and Bonnie have an open spot in their place in El Cerrito. If you want their emails/numbers, just PM me.

And finally...the parties. I have no idea about planned parties, but I am sure you will hear about them in the next few days.

Good luck! See you tomorrow :)

I'm having trouble sleeping tonite, mostly because I'm wired about tomorrow, and especially next week(!), so I'll throw in my two cents.

-I'm bringing a paper and pen to jot notes, and a book bag to house the forms I'm sure we'll be getting, as well as any miscellany that they hand out. Like Blues said, park anywhere, it's not a big deal.

-I live in Martinez, a charming little community across the strait. It's about a 25-minute drive, and it's really quiet and peaceful, and ghetto-free, unlike what I've heard and seen of Vallejo. It'd be a great place to raise kids (not that I have any). It's close to a BART stop, so we can go into San-Fran if we feel like it on off days, or we can just stay in Martinez where it's quiet if we want. There's a great park downtown right next to the marina(if you're into fishing) that has over a dozen bocce courts, picnic tables, barbecue areas, ball fields, lots of open space, and a walking/jogging path that goes along the strait. We feel really lucky to have found it, especially since we did all of the apartment arrangements online/over the phone from out of state. I'm REALLY glad we didn't end up in Vallejo. Even though Martinez is further away (and you have to pay that darn toll every day), I wouldn't trade proximity to the school for living in Vallejo. My guess is that about half of us live in Vallejo/the dorms, 25% live in Benicia or further north, and the remainder live across the strait, in Berkeley, or surrounding suburbs. Really, it's a matter of preference. I figure I'm only losing an extra 20 minutes or so of sleep compared to someone that lives in Vallejo. Scout it out, see for yourself, and sign short-term leases if you're unsure of the area; that way you can move if you really hate it.

See everyone tomorrow!

So .. I was on the waitlist, but now I am early accept for next year, class of 2011!!... I live in Vallejo, and an email from Dr. Haight said they were going to send me announcements of things going on this year so I could attend.... I would be crazy excited to get to know the MS1s of this year since I have been following this thread ever since it started and feel like I already know you guys.... give me a pm or reply to this thread if I can join any crazy parties!

Hey guys, I have a Kimberly Manual for sale to you OMT noobies-- its a great book. Private message me if you're interested.

hey! what's the first days of med school like guys?? :)

Just browsing through residency threads and thought I'd see what life is like back in the world of starting med school... I remember the excitement, the fear, the unknown, the tons of pages in the syllabi, etc. Anyway, as a TUCOM student who's seen almost all of it now (only things left are COMLEX2-PE and the Match and graduationg). SO... if any of you out there have questions about ANYTHING (instructors, studying, planning ahead for residency, places to live, places to eat, planning party buses after block weeks,etc.) Let me know. PM me if you want.

hi all
I'm looking for info from touro students. I'm in the app process this year, hoping to start 07. Touro is my first choice right now... but I do have some q's about rotations there. Where are the established rotations? I've heard maybe you have to move around a lot, is this so?

and most importantly, do you like it there? where else were you thinking of going?
-thanks

You can do your 3-4th years in one location if you want. Or move around to some choice hospitals if you want.

There's a dramatic story at Touro College of Medicine in California unfolding at the moment. The university has inexplicably barred the Gay/Lesbian and Bisexual students from meeting as a group on campus.

Here's some links to important info:

Vallejo Times-Herald

Wikipedia Article on TUGSA

www.tugsa.net

Here's the number to call to voice your opinion on this matter:

These are the two numbers to call:

TUCOM SGA: (707) 567-4121 email: [email protected]
Dean of Students: (707) 638-5294 email: [email protected]

These are public, Touro University numbers for TUCOM classes 2007-2010. Anyone who has a question about where the SGA stands on this matter - refer them to these numbers. Also, you can just call the number and leave a message or make a comment about your position on the TUGSA matter. (Keep it friendly please.)

Bryan Hopping, MS II
Touro University Gay-Straight Alliance

Bryan,

Wow, I have to say, I was shocked by the news, but it appears the matter has been resolved? Did the decision get revoked or was it a mistake? Glad to see that it appears things are back on track.

Best,

Stephanie
Touro-MI Class of 2011

Glad to see that it appears things are back on track.

Actually, they have gotten worse. Somewhat of a meltdown at Touro right now.

:confused: The latest article I saw said that an apology was issued and that the club was not deactivated. What's happened? Is that not the case?