***tucom-mi Class Of 2010***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Scorpio Thanks so much for that info.
It was defeintly useful...i am going to wait till june probaby to purchase a laptop...but i am really curious to know when orientation is and when school starts...so hopefully they will have the schedule up soon.

:luck: :luck: :luck:

ScOrPiO2983 said:
I e-mailed Dr. Haight (who referred me to the curriculum director) about the laptops and he said that laptops will most likely be required in the upcoming year especially since they are trying really hard to make the campus wireless. He didn't know the requirements yet and said that once they figure it out, they would let the students know. Therefore, he told me to wait on buying a computer.

As far as the curriculum, I was told that it has not been finalized yet and they will let the students know as soon as they figure it out. The same goes for orientation and the start date.

It basically seems like everything is in the works and will be finalized in the next month or two. Hopefully, we'll be able to find out soon cuz I'm curious to know all this stuff too :)!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know what time the interviews are held/what time we need to be at Touro? I flew up to No. Cal for my Monday interview and I forgot my letter that had all the info on it.. Can someone PM me on what time to be there?

Thanks!

Aman

You need to meet at the admissions office at 9am

GOOD LUCK!

bananafish27 said:
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know what time the interviews are held/what time we need to be at Touro? I flew up to No. Cal for my Monday interview and I forgot my letter that had all the info on it.. Can someone PM me on what time to be there?

Thanks!

Aman

Members don't see this ad :)
Now it's official, I'm going to touro-mi :D I believe I'll get a great education and enjoy my time while doing so. The staff seems quite personable esp. Dr.Haight and my interview group was great. Although mare island is not the most ideal place, it's pretty close to the bay area. I couldn't ask for more.
I look forward to meeting everyone in the fall.

Now to get rid of that travel bug...

tfp

Congrats TFP! See ya in August!

Another couple of questions:

Anyone working on their student loans?

Which ones are will you be taking out?

Has anyoen heard of HEAL loans? (I called the financial office, and their response was bascily... WTF?!) I know a couple of DO's that financed some of their education with it.

Its kinda freaking me out how much I'm going to be in debt for this. :scared: I know I'm going to make it back. But that's going some major pressure after medical school.

Hi All Potential Future Classmates,

I have an interview at Touro (my top choice school) in March and I'm nervous about the class already being filled by the time I interview. Any advice? Also, can you let me know what your interview experience was like? I got the interview invitation less than 2 weeks after all my secondary materials were in and I'm very excited about the possibility that I will be in medical school come August. Let's hope that's the case!

Thanks,
Stephanie

Hey Stephanie

Congrats on your upcoming interview. Touro is great in that they offer very quick turn around time on application processing. My best advice for the interview at TOuro is to knwo your primary and secondary application really really well. I cant stress that enough...Be prepared to elaborate about any/everything that you may have mentioned in yoru app. I would have someone you know look at your apps and ask you questions...(to help you practice) ..I prepared by looking at the interview feedback...whcih was really helpful.

As far as the interview goes...its pretty chill...Dont be scared about the whole group interview thingy...it actually is more laid back than one on one...Dr. Haight makes you feel so comfortable and happy to be there...and this is a great positive vibe right before you interview. He will even ask you a sample question, that you will answer in front of a group...just so you get the feel of how things will go in teh group interview.

I wish you all the luck...just be yourself...and show them what you have to offer (obviously you have done well and have receieved and interview...so confirm all your qualities)

If you have any more questions please feel free to PM me.

GOOD LUCK AGAIN.

Bana :luck:

SteffiSF said:
Hi All Potential Future Classmates,

I have an interview at Touro (my top choice school) in March and I'm nervous about the class already being filled by the time I interview. Any advice? Also, can you let me know what your interview experience was like? I got the interview invitation less than 2 weeks after all my secondary materials were in and I'm very excited about the possibility that I will be in medical school come August. Let's hope that's the case!

Thanks,
Stephanie

Stephanie,

Congrats on getting an interview. Another "trick" you might want to try is to call the admissions office and find out who will be interviewing you. Then you can do some reasearch of your own on your interviewers and ask some well thought out questions. And as suggested... look over your app, dress well, practice interviewing. Just think of it as a job interview.

Don't stress too much about if your going to make it in this year or not. They have an early accept program for next year. So if they fill up this year, and your a prime candiate, you can get a spot for next year and not have to fill out any applications. (Dr. H will explain it better than I can) And I speak from experience, this program ROCKS :smuggrin: . I went for my interview in April, and I live on the East Coast, so if I had gotten in that year it would have been a nightmare for me to move to Cali in that amount of time. This also gave me another year to spend on my research, travel some more, and spend time with my girlfriend.

Best of Luck!
Tom

Bana and Tom,

Thanks for the advice, especially about rereading my application materials. I wouldn't have thought of that. I was also unaware that this is a group interview--that should be interesting and conducive for more casual conversation. Though my interactions with Dr. Haight have been limited, they have been awesome. I could tell right away by speaking to him that the energy of the program was perfect for me and it had a huge influence on my decision to making this my top choice. It's nice to hear that confirmed by your posts. Congratulations to both of you and perhaps we'll see each other come August.

All the best,
Stephanie

Tom,

I came across some information on the web regarding HEAL loans. It looks like they were discontinued in 1998. Here's the link to DHHS's website:
http://bhpr.hrsa.gov/dsa/healsite/

Good luck--I agree that the debt can feel incredibly scary, but just think of all the people before you who have done it. They all say it's no big deal. And, when it comes down to it, what's the alternative? Can you think of anything that you would want to do more in your life than this journey?

:) Stephanie

Stephanie,

Thank you SO much for that link! I've been searching and searching for the info on this loan. I guess that means Stafford loans, here I come. Best of luck on your interview and PM me if you have any other questions about it.

Tom

Stephanie,

I second everything Tom and Bana said :thumbup: and you might want to check the medical school feedback link on this site as well for other ppl's experiences. Goodluck !! :D

I know it's still early, but what's everyone's plans for housing? As of now, I'm looking between Glen Cove or Benicia with costs being the ultimate decider.

mj1878 said:
Hey all! I'm thrilled to be attending this school. Who else is out there? We should organize a pre-orientation week get-together or something, shouldn't we? Especially for those of us that aren't native to California(myself included). Congratulations to everyone.

What struck you most positively about the interview/tour/school? Why did we pick it?

:D
Hey there MJ! Nice to meet you. Just received my acceptance letter and dropped 2 Grand and some change! Wow! I'm completely excited to be a member of the Class of 2010! I am a recent transplant to Norfolk VA. Followed my husband who is stationed out here in Virginia. We are really glad to have the opportunity to return to California! I grew up in San Diego, but I am unfamiliar with the area. I concur, we definitely need to have a pre-orientation get-together!

I loved general area and the atmosphere. Mostly though, I really liked Dr Haight. He really set the tone. The interview was fantastic.

Members don't see this ad :)
mj1878 said:
Hey all! I'm thrilled to be attending this school. Who else is out there? We should organize a pre-orientation week get-together or something, shouldn't we? Especially for those of us that aren't native to California(myself included). Congratulations to everyone.

What struck you most positively about the interview/tour/school? Why did we pick it?

:D
Hey there MJ! Nice to meet you. Just received my acceptance letter and dropped 2 Grand and some change! Wow! I'm completely excited to be a member of the Class of 2010! I am a recent transplant to Norfolk VA. Followed my husband who is stationed out here in Virginia. We are really glad to have the opportunity to return to California! I grew up in San Diego, but I am unfamiliar with the area. I concur, we definitely need to have a pre-orientation get-together!

I loved general area and the atmosphere. Mostly though, I really liked Dr Haight. He really set the tone. The interview was fantastic.

Flt Surg WannaB said:

I will second my own idea for a pre-orientation get-together(and obligatory pre-class toast!). Congrats on joining us! It's sounding like there's certainly a diverse group of folks coming together for the 2010 class. If you get some time, tell us some more about yourself. Most of us have already posted some info here, but more couldn't hurt!

Marc

Hello, All!

How does Touro inform you of your interview, if they grant you one? Telephone or email?

Thanks!
Allen
:scared:

Hey Allen,

Usually its by mail. Best of luck!

Tom

Hey Flt Surg WannaB! Congrats on your acceptance, your dad told me at Saturday kendo practice, hope to see you soon in sd!

Matt

Hello all - not sure if I set this up right, but I thought it would be nice to see where we are all moving from while we wait for spring. Check out the link below to see the map (you don't have to join the site to add yourself).

http://www.frappr.com/tucommareisland

Great Idea!

I just added myself :)

SotaBGirl said:
Hello all - not sure if I set this up right, but I thought it would be nice to see where we are all moving from while we wait for spring. Check out the link below to see the map (you don't have to join the site to add yourself).

This map is a cool idea. I added myself already. So far only couple ppl have joined.

Sooooooooo...

This poor thread has been, how you say, 'stagnate' lately. I KNOW that more than the dozen and a half or so folks that have posted on here have been accepted. I also know that about 90 % of applicants surf this web site more than they'd like to admit. My question, therefore, is "where's the other folks?"

I got ROASTED over in Pre-Osteo for saying that Mare Island's anatomy lab was better than TUCOM-LV. They were on me like a pack of dogs on a three-legged cat! I wasn't trying to be a jerk, but the thread was "TUCOM-MI VS. TUCOM-LV"; how was I SUPPOSED to answer?:D

I work overnights as a phlebotomist at the trauma center. Recently, the hospital(due to budget issues) has decided that the ICU nurses will be doing their own blood sugars, which sounds reasonable to me. Truthfully, ours was the only facility I had ever worked at or heard of where the laboratory did ALL of the blood sugars. Obviously this was a source of contention amongst the ICU greek chorus, and last month they decided to circulate a nasty rumor about the phlebotomists on our shift (all TWO of us for the ginormous hospital). The rumor was that we spent all of our time in Radiology watching cable TV and that we had been up on the Unit laughing at the nurses for having to work so hard. They took it all the way to the VICE PRESIDENT of the corporation! How ludicrous. Yes, we've been to Radiology before, but just to say hello to some friends that work there. Never had we watched TV, as was alleged.

The reason I'm sharing this completely irrelevant anecdote is that I was thinking to myself how happy I am that I am almost to the point that I don't have to have my supervisor sit me down and accuse me of things that nurses made up to be spiteful. Yes.

Someone post something; this thread was almost off the page. DMU is showing us up big time!! Hope everyone is well!!!

Ha! I'll post because I just happen to be on SDN. My boyfriend and I were trying to figure out housing for next year. Does anyone know of good areas between Touro and Berkeley? We are looking into the Richmond/El Cerrito/Albany/San Pablo areas. It's so difficult to look into housing when you live on the East Coast. We want to live in a safe area near the 80, either in a one or two bedroom. Any ideas?

Also, does anyone know why the Mare Island Student Life website isn't working? Thanks :)

BluesClues32 said:
Also, does anyone know why the Mare Island Student Life website isn't working? Tnanks :)

If you are thinking about living in Berkeley area.... I suggest North Berkeley because it is pretty safe and not too far from 80. If you start looking, PM me with some of the areas and I can maybe give some insight. I live in bay area and my bf lives in Berkeley and I remember when he was looking for housing with his roommates.

mj1878 said:
Sooooooooo...

This poor thread has been, how you say, 'stagnate' lately. I KNOW that more than the dozen and a half or so folks that have posted on here have been accepted. I also know that about 90 % of applicants surf this web site more than they'd like to admit. My question, therefore, is "where's the other folks?"

I got ROASTED over in Pre-Osteo for saying that Mare Island's anatomy lab was better than TUCOM-LV. They were on me like a pack of dogs on a three-legged cat! I wasn't trying to be a jerk, but the thread was "TUCOM-MI VS. TUCOM-LV"; how was I SUPPOSED to answer?:D

I work overnights as a phlebotomist at the trauma center. Recently, the hospital(due to budget issues) has decided that the ICU nurses will be doing their own blood sugars, which sounds reasonable to me. Truthfully, ours was the only facility I had ever worked at or heard of where the laboratory did ALL of the blood sugars. Obviously this was a source of contention amongst the ICU greek chorus, and last month they decided to circulate a nasty rumor about the phlebotomists on our shift (all TWO of us for the ginormous hospital). The rumor was that we spent all of our time in Radiology watching cable TV and that we had been up on the Unit laughing at the nurses for having to work so hard. They took it all the way to the VICE PRESIDENT of the corporation! How ludicrous. Yes, we've been to Radiology before, but just to say hello to some friends that work there. Never had we watched TV, as was alleged.

The reason I'm sharing this completely irrelevant anecdote is that I was thinking to myself how happy I am that I am almost to the point that I don't have to have my supervisor sit me down and accuse me of things that nurses made up to be spiteful. Yes.

Someone post something; this thread was almost off the page. DMU is showing us up big time!! Hope everyone is well!!!

I have to say that I am just as completely happy that I am almost done with this job I have. I even have a secret countdown with my coworkers till I leave... although my boss has no idea.... 97 work days to go and counting! :)

You would think my boss would ask what the large 97 on my whiteboard means in my office .... but nothing since the countdown started .... over 200!

hmack said:
I have to say that I am just as completely happy that I am almost done with this job I have. I even have a secret countdown with my coworkers till I leave... although my boss has no idea.... 97 work days to go and counting! :)

You would think my boss would ask what the large 97 on my whiteboard means in my office .... but nothing since the countdown started .... over 200!

hahaha my co-workers and I are doing a similar countdown except we haven't officially written it anywhere and my boss doesn't know either! :laugh:

ScOrPiO2983 said:
hahaha my co-workers and I are doing a similar countdown except we haven't officially written it anywhere and my boss doesn't know either! :laugh:

Yea I walk down the hall and other coworkers will just say ... "how many days" and without hesitation I give them the exact number.... It's a great feeling! :)

BluesClues32 said:
Also, does anyone know why the Mare Island Student Life website isn't working? Thanks :)

Just a heads up but the mare island student life page is back up.
http://misl.info/

SotaBGirl said:

I just added myself. Cute idea. Thanks for setting that up.

I am moving all the way from the East Coast (MD specifically). Any other East Coasters want to share on how they are planning to move themselves and their stuff ALL the way across the country!??! I have two cats so I am debating the flying/driving scenarios. I will be coming out in late May to look for an apartment. Anyone else going to be around at that time to share notes or complaints? :idea:

SheLioness said:

I am moving all the way from the East Coast (MD specifically). Any other East Coasters want to share on how they are planning to move themselves and their stuff ALL the way across the country!??! I have two cats so I am debating the flying/driving scenarios. I will be coming out in late May to look for an apartment. Anyone else going to be around at that time to share notes or complaints? :idea:

I'm also moving from MD! I've pretty much resigned myself to selling all my furniture and starting over. the best quote I've gotten for movers was $2700, or $2400 for a uhaul. and that just ain't worth it! so, unless I find some miracle movers, I'll be shipping boxes and getting rid of the furniture. makes me sad, because I love my couches!!

I'll be driving from Baltimore around 6/20 with my cat, and doing the apartment hunt once I'm there. whereabouts in MD are you?

Hey you guys (and girls). My name is Amy Motamed and I will also be attending Touro in the fall. I am extremely excited to finally be a medical student. I am graduating this spring from the University of Texas at Dallas with a biology degree and will be making the move to Berkeley with my husband, who will be in grad school there, so if anyone else is planning on moving to Berkeley, I would love to carpool. Also, do any of you know if there is another way to get to Vallejo without paying the $3 toll on the way there? That is going to be a serious money killer over time!!!! Anyways, I am looking forward to meeting all of you in the fall!
Amy

asm028400 said:
Hey you guys (and girls). My name is Amy Motamed and I will also be attending Touro in the fall. I am extremely excited to finally be a medical student. I am graduating this spring from the University of Texas at Dallas with a biology degree and will be making the move to Berkeley with my husband, who will be in grad school there, so if anyone else is planning on moving to Berkeley, I would love to carpool. Also, do any of you know if there is another way to get to Vallejo without paying the $3 toll on the way there? That is going to be a serious money killer over time!!!! Anyways, I am looking forward to meeting all of you in the fall!
Amy

Don't forget to add yourself to the frappr site! Welcome!

I was searching around SDN and found a few post about what the workload for Touro might be like:

TUCOM-MI
class 8-5 3 days per week then friday till noon and one free morning no class til 10 am...

exams every 6 weeks and some courses have mandatory attendance (otherwise no one would show up )

the exam schedule - every six weeks includes 8 - 11 exams - huge volume total hell - infact i am in complete denial and should be studying for my exams that start next friday

-oldManDO2009

Touro University Nevada (but pretty much like MI)
MS-I is pretty much 8-5.

MS-II

Mon: 10AM - 1PM Clinical Systems; 1PM-2PM lunch; 3PM-5PM Path or Pharm (depends on sched); 5PM-7PM Clinical Systems

Tue: 10AM - 1PM Clinical Systems; 1PM-2PM lunch; 3PM-5PM Path or Pharm (depends on sched); 5PM-7PM Clinical Systems (2/3 of the time we have a late start at 1PM)

Wed: 8AM - 10AM Primary Care Skills (PCS); 10AM - 12PM Pharm; 1PM - 5PM Physician Shadowing

Thurs: 8AM - 9AM OMM Lecture (sometimes); 9AM - 12PM OMM Lab Group1; 1PM - 2PM OMM Lecture (sometimes) if not, 1PM - 4PM OMM Lab Group 2; 4PM - 6PM Path

Fri: 8AM - 10AM Psych; 10AM - 12PM Micro/Immuno; 1PM - 2PM PCS; 2PM - 4PM Path Lab or Lect

We have A LOT of class time. OMM and PCS is pretty much required attendance.

-box29

SheLioness said:

Hey there!
I'm just a few hours south of you in Virginia/Hampton Roads area. I will be transporting both my daughter and I via car. My husband will follow after he gets off of deployment. It will be a long haul with a 2 year old, but I'm pretty tough. The Navy will be transporting our things (hopefully - still waiting on the approval issue) to San Francisco. I am hoping that I will be able to jet down for a weekend to look at a couple of places before committing. That will probably be in April/May timeframe. Painful process, I know. As far as the cats,... what condition are they in? My 10 yr old cat drove cross-country and was pretty freaked about it. He stopped eating and drinking. He started having renal problems. We had to stop each night to get him to eat and drink. You might consider shipping (flying) them.

mj1878 said:
I will second my own idea for a pre-orientation get-together(and obligatory pre-class toast!). Congrats on joining us! It's sounding like there's certainly a diverse group of folks coming together for the 2010 class. If you get some time, tell us some more about yourself. Most of us have already posted some info here, but more couldn't hurt!

Marc

Hey there Marc!

I graduated from both UCSD & San Diego State University (BA in Psych/BS Molecular Biology). Used to be a scholarship student/trainee with the Joffrey Ballet in NY City while Joffrey was still alive (Yeah, I'm that old). Bicycle raced on a national level (Cat 1,2). I did some competition recurve and Kendo. Swim whenever I can. Worked as an ER Tech. Did some really weird jobs (though nothing scandalous) :eek: . I have a wonderful family (hubbie and almost 2 year old). Prior Army, trying to be Navy. I have the coolest preprofessional advisor at SDSU - Barb Huntington is the Bomb!!!

Right now I work for an Aquarium (just got hired to do a really fun job), but I haven't told them that I was going to leave soon. I really don't know how to break the news to them.

Can't wait to meet all of you, the Class of 2010!

KendoDO said:
Hey Flt Surg WannaB! Congrats on your acceptance, your dad told me at Saturday kendo practice, hope to see you soon in sd!

Matt

Hey thanks Matt! I was trying to look for you while going through these posts. There was some poor guy from UCSD that I thought was you! :laugh: Whoops!

I'm trying to get a flight back to San Diego, then onto San Fran to look at some apartments. It will be a bear! Did you know that I have been driving from Coast to Coast every single year! Its insane!

Dude! I'm soooo excited to start school this year! Working on a Navy HPSP scholarship package right now. Lots of hoops to jump and bells to ring.

Take care!

Flt Surg WannaB said:
Hey there!
I'm just a few hours south of you in Virginia/Hampton Roads area. I will be transporting both my daughter and I via car. My husband will follow after he gets off of deployment. It will be a long haul with a 2 year old, but I'm pretty tough. The Navy will be transporting our things (hopefully - still waiting on the approval issue) to San Francisco. I am hoping that I will be able to jet down for a weekend to look at a couple of places before committing. That will probably be in April/May timeframe. Painful process, I know. As far as the cats,... what condition are they in? My 10 yr old cat drove cross-country and was pretty freaked about it. He stopped eating and drinking. He started having renal problems. We had to stop each night to get him to eat and drink. You might consider shipping (flying) them.

My cats are 7 years old and in fairly good shape (fat as houses but who is counting that). But they hate being put in the box, hate driving in the car, and hate me once the trip is over. They cry the whole way to the vets, a 20 minute journey. I can't imagine listening to them crying for 8-10 hours a day for 5-6 days across the country. I am seriously considering flying all three of us and shipping my car. More to relieve the stress on ME than them. I am sure flying will be no picnic for them either. LOL.

Thanks for the feedback. I am a contractor for the Navy currently. I wish they would move my stuff! :D Will you guys be looking for a house or living on base?

asm028400 said:
Amy

sadly no way around that toll

Well, I just got the receipt for paying my acceptance fee. I guess a further reminder of what I don't have anymore. Well, at least they take credit cards otherwise... :eek:

Oh yeah, I thought this might help others who are also planning the big exodus out west(coming from AL). AACOM offers a moving discount for potential D.O's:

http://www.aacom.org/moving.html

Every bit helps right?

Here is one way to get around the toll on the Carquinez Bridge (from Berkeley to Mare Island)

Carpool -
Any 2-axle vehicle, without trailer(s), carrying three or more persons, may cross toll-free in designated lane(s).

Monday through Friday between 5 a.m.-10 a.m. and 3 p.m.-7 p.m.

SheLioness said:
My cats are 7 years old and in fairly good shape (fat as houses but who is counting that). But they hate being put in the box, hate driving in the car, and hate me once the trip is over. They cry the whole way to the vets, a 20 minute journey. I can't imagine listening to them crying for 8-10 hours a day for 5-6 days across the country. I am seriously considering flying all three of us and shipping my car. More to relieve the stress on ME than them. I am sure flying will be no picnic for them either. LOL.

Thanks for the feedback. I am a contractor for the Navy currently. I wish they would move my stuff! :D Will you guys be looking for a house or living on base?

Unfortunately there won't be base housing available for us, but the Navy does give us a healthy 2700/month living allowance and 350 for food. It will relieve some of the financial stress and burden. However keep in mind that childcare is a hefty sum of money (350/week). Yeah, ouch!

Nice to hear that you will be flying it. You will be saving money and your sanity!! :D

hehe, Ah Lisa! , apps in San Fran, my girlfriend's sister lives in japan town, sweet one bedroom appartment. But I think that area is kinda expensive and a long drive from campus.

For all you toll takers, get a "fast pass/track" (not sure the actual name) Basically you don't have to stop to pay the toll, you just put money into an account and it scans the card on your car as you drive by the booth. It gets special lanes on the road and will make yor communte a tad bit nicer. Did anyone check on carpools? I don't have to commute or anything but usually in the bay area carpools get get off paying tolls, I know the toll at the 680-780 area you have to pay regardless though.

anyways, lisa, when are you down in SD? come to Tues night practice we have alot of good kenshin lately, one of our sensei (akira igarashi) took 2nd in the godan and above category last tourney, went head to head with Ariga-sensei and did a good job. Btw, who was the guy who though you were me;-)

Last lil note: for those who were interested in my 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath, 2 lvl townhouse 4.17 miles from school in a safe convientent place, I finally have pictures. The rooms are good size, as in a bed, desk, dresser etc will fit there. Full Washer/dryer/fridge/stove/oven will be there. Nice brick patio also. Has heating as well. So if you are interested please email me at [email protected] I will forward you the pictures. The two roomates will share one bathroom fyi. okay I am done with my novel..... :eek:

Just out of curiosity have you guys started filling out your loan apps? I'm just wondering if I'm too early or too late with these things. (Been procrastinating with them. Not good. :p )

Man, I am so glad there is a thread for TUCOM-Mare Island! I will be starting in the fall in the class of 2010, and am completely stressed out because I am moving accross country, all the way from Connecticut, leaving family and friends behind. I wish we got the financial aid/housing/curriculum info sooner, I'm already chomping at the bit. This will be a huge move for me, and I'm excited to meet all of you in the fall.

iheartelvira said:
Man, I am so glad there is a thread for TUCOM-Mare Island! I will be starting in the fall in the class of 2010, and am completely stressed out because I am moving accross country, all the way from Connecticut, leaving family and friends behind. I wish we got the financial aid/housing/curriculum info sooner, I'm already chomping at the bit. This will be a huge move for me, and I'm excited to meet all of you in the fall.

Don't forget to add yourself to the Frappr Site. Welcome, and congratulations!!

Hello all! About how long after your file was complete did you receive interview status notification? I have been complete since 2-14. Tanks!

Hello

It took me about a week to receive an interview invite (but that was over winter break)

But hang in there...Touro is really fast sending out information. Also, keep in mind monday was a holiday....

Good luck to you...hopefully you get an interview soon....

:)

toothless rufus said:
Hello all! About how long after your file was complete did you receive interview status notification? I have been complete since 2-14. Tanks!

Heya folks,

I'm engaged to a TUCOM '09, so... that makes me alum-in-laws with all of ya. With that in mind, here's a useful link for all of ya:

http://209.209.34.25/webdocs/WeeklySchedules/Fall2005/ws0506com09.htm

Take a look at the 2009 schedule. The curriculum *will* be changing so clearly this won't directly translate to your year... but this gives you a better idea of when orientation is, when classes start, and the approximate weekly workload. (Note the loooong breaks due to Jewish holidays in October!)

The commute from Berkeley to Touro is definitely do-able, but just to make the commute fair (and to save a few $$), look into the Pinole/Hercules area. Very convenient commute, and still very suburban feel.

You guys are gonna love TUCOM-MI. Every TUCOM-MI'er I've met seems to be enjoying the heck out of themselves. Well, when they're not pulling their hair out.

One last URL... my link to TUCOM happens to write a blog for Medscape, here:
http://medscape.typepad.com/thedifferential/pinchieh_chiang/index.html

Don't miss the cartoons. ;)

Hey, I just had a few questions about living....I will be moving to the area in june/july....does anyone know if there had been an actual start date set? or orientation? Dr. Haight said that they may start earlier this year so that we get a spring break as well. Second, I was looking at

http://www.broadstoneliving.com/STERLING/sterlingvillage.html

as a possible place to live. Does anyone know about the area that this complex is in? Safe? close to the food/goceries/etc? It is pricey, but looks nice and is GATED!! Which, from the sound of it, is not a bad idea in Vallejo. I know it is close to touro, which is also plus. I have also been looking in Benecia (online) at

http://www.waterviewapartmenthomes.com

they seem ok as well. Any info/advice on more apartments would much appreciated. Thanks and congrats to all who are attending tucom!

cheers