You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Tufts c/o 2020 Applicants!
Started by Kam325
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Me too as an OOSer!!! I'm so ecstatic!! Good luck everyone!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an interview (OOS) but just got it changed to the later session because I have an exam conflict. Good luck everyone!
Me too. The January interview dates aren't even finalized, so I won't know my date until after the new year. I'm guessing you were told the same.
After January 1stAnybody know when the next round of invites are going out?
Can't wait!! It seems like it has been a forever wait ^_^I believe, in about a week, Tufts will be sending their first wave of interview offers....exciting!
They sent out the first round already, but they'll start sending out more in January!Can't wait!! It seems like it has been a forever wait ^_^
That is so awesome, congratulations! 🙂I am SO surprised to be posting this.....I just got a call from Tufts with an interview invite for Friday! They must have had a cancellation. I can't believe it! Looking forward to meeting you guys in *literally three days*!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Goodluck on that!! ROCK IT!Thanks, guys! I have my orgo final at 9pm the night before... 😕
That happened to me last year! Got a call for a Monday interview on a Friday...the day after I had surgery 😛. Was still on some fun painkillers for that one....I am SO surprised to be posting this.....I just got a call from Tufts with an interview invite for Friday! They must have had a cancellation. I can't believe it! Looking forward to meeting you guys in *literally three days*!
just joined. OOS first time applicant 🙂
Thanks for the well-wishes, @ImAVet! The interview process was great...everyone was extremely friendly and welcoming, and there were information sessions and tours scheduled throughout the day. The interview itself felt pretty laid back and conversational. I was mostly asked about my background and interests, and then my interviewers spent the rest of the time answering all of my questions about the program. A few current students showed up over lunch to answer questions and chat with the candidates. Overall, it was definitely a very positive, low-stress interview day!
They told us that some people will be notified of their decisions right away (early next week), while the rest will hear back sometime in early February.
They told us that some people will be notified of their decisions right away (early next week), while the rest will hear back sometime in early February.
Does anyone know if they are still sending out invites?
Yes in JanuaryDoes anyone know if they are still sending out invites?
I am studying abroad in January and had to email and ask when interviews will be. I was told that invites will be sent out just before and/or just after New Years with interview dates being the last week of January and first two weeks of February (can't remember the exact dates. They're somewhere on Tufts' site, but I can't seem to navigate it very well!). After that, I believe interviewees will know by mid-Feb whether they got in or not.
I pray I get a February interview so that I do not wait long for a decision.
Exactly! I can't wait for New Years, though, so I finally know if my application has been tossed or if I still have a chance!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@Koala1010 oh! That's where I saw it! It's hard to keep track of where all of this information is 
@ImAVet 2/9 is actually the very last day to interview. If I get one, that's the day I'll be going since I'll be out of the US until the week prior!

@ImAVet 2/9 is actually the very last day to interview. If I get one, that's the day I'll be going since I'll be out of the US until the week prior!
Their site said about 300 total interviewees.
At the interviews last week they said they will be interviewing more this year due to receiving a lot more applications. So anywhere from 350-400 most likely this year according to them.
Still for 98 seats350-400 seats for 98 seats? Or will they be increasing the class this year ?
Hey guys! I know they don't ask for fall grades at Tufts, but do you think it would hurt to email them a copy of my fall transcript? I just got a 4.0 for the semester (!!!) , which brings my cumulative to a 3.8 and I would really like them to know.
Hey guys! I know they don't ask for fall grades at Tufts, but do you think it would hurt to email them a copy of my fall transcript? I just got a 4.0 for the semester (!!!) , which brings my cumulative to a 3.8 and I would really like them to know.
Congrats! I did too! I had asked Cornell who has a policy that they don't accept fall transcripts even if an applicant wants to send them. But maybe Tufts will!
Congrats to you too!Congrats! I did too! I had asked Cornell who has a policy that they don't accept fall transcripts even if an applicant wants to send them. But maybe Tufts will!
Yes I knew that about Cornell, but Penn and Tufts are both "if we want them we'll ask you" schools, so I thought that they might be interested in seeing it. Not sure how to non-awkwardly send that email haha.
Hey guys! I know they don't ask for fall grades at Tufts, but do you think it would hurt to email them a copy of my fall transcript? I just got a 4.0 for the semester (!!!) , which brings my cumulative to a 3.8 and I would really like them to know.
Hey Tufts, check this shiz out. I see what you're doing 😛
Congrats to you too!
Yes I knew that about Cornell, but Penn and Tufts are both "if we want them we'll ask you" schools, so I thought that they might be interested in seeing it. Not sure how to non-awkwardly send that email haha.
True! Oh I would love to send them to UPenn and Tufts...maybe just send an email saying that you did very well this semester and wanted to see if they would accept fall transcripts if you send them? I know what you mean though. I don't want to annoy the admissions ik they are really busy!
Yeah I'll go ahead and ask, I don't think it could hurt, and if they accept it, it might look good!
A 4.0 definitely can't hurt! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a 3.7 this semester and which increased my GPA as well! As for Tufts I sent Ford an unofficial transcript via email. We spoke during the summer and he had mentioned to me that if I wanted to, I could send him a copy in order to calculate it into my GPA that they have!
Cool! Congrats! My email just asked if they'd take it, so hopefully they'll write back and say yes, so I can do the same 🙂I got a 3.7 this semester and which increased my GPA as well! As for Tufts I sent Ford an unofficial transcript via email. We spoke during the summer and he had mentioned to me that if I wanted to, I could send him a copy in order to calculate it into my GPA that they have!
Oh and FYI for anyone also applying to Penn, I asked them as well and they wrote back to bring it to my interview if I wanted it considered
Were any of you IS? For the rest of us, there are still 10 interview days left to potentially get invited to