Tufts c/o 2026!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
this is so random but I know they give us an option to use their campus as our background on zoom, did you guys use a background? or no, I haven’t for any of my other interviews but them giving us one to use has me overthinking it clearly 🥲

Members don't see this ad.

this is so random but I know they give us an option to use their campus as our background on zoom, did you guys use a background? or no, I haven’t for any of my other interviews but them giving us one to use has me overthinking it clearly 🥲
I had another school do that also. They said in the email to use that or a background without distraction. I'd say 2 out of the 9 people in my interview group actually used the background they gave.

Reactions: 1 user
I used the background!

Members don't see this ad :)
I had my interview Monday and it was very relaxed! Much more conversational than any others I’ve had. They did reference my application and other interests heavily so make sure you remember what you put! Good luck!
I second this! Definitely open-app and they reference your interests (both vet and non-vet)
I did not use the background bc my computer is not powerfully enough to do it

Reactions: 2 users
I didn’t use it! I don’t think they care that much

Does anyone know how long after an interview it takes to hear back about acceptance or rejection? Do they usually wait until all interviews have been conducted?

Last edited:
Jan/Feb - these interview dates you hear about application results in Feb. I didn't get an email from tufts until New years eve about my interview in Jan and found out about my acceptance on Feb 26th.
interviews after that (ie Jan and Feb) hear back in late Feb.
Does anyone know how long after an interview it takes to hear back about acceptance or rejection? Do they usually wait until all interviews have been conducted.

Where on our portal can we see who our interviewers are? I see a faculty member's welcome video that I think wasn't there before? Is that him?

Where on our portal can we see who our interviewers are? I see a faculty member's welcome video that I think wasn't there before? Is that him?
If you scroll further down from the Dean's welcome vid you should see where it says "Online Interview Details" and your two faculty interviewers' names should be listed there along with a link to their intro vids!!

If you scroll further down from the Dean's welcome vid you should see where it says "Online Interview Details" and your two faculty interviewers' names should be listed there along with a link to their intro vids!!
thats weird that I don't have them! Thanks though! i will email and ask

Just had my interview! I’m really not sure how I did. It was so nerve-racking! Does anyone know when we should hear back after an interview?

Just had my interview! I’m really not sure how I did. It was so nerve-racking! Does anyone know when we should hear back after an interview?
Nevermind! Saw someone post the answer further up. Lol

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone who was wondering, Ford said last night on the Q&A that interviewed applicants could be denied, waitlisted, or accepted. He also said we should expect to hear back by the end of February! He said most likely between Feb 20th and March 1st.

Reactions: 7 users
I've read on this thread and the previous year's thread thay they accept a good amount over the actual seats (100).. i wonder how many? If anyone knows😂 or is this something that changes every year

I've read on this thread and the previous year's thread thay they accept a good amount over the actual seats (100).. i wonder how many? If anyone knows or is this something that changes every year

Many schools do this. It doesn’t make too much of a difference in the end. If they didn’t do this they would just be pulling more people off the waitlist later. I would guess they accept 110-120. And likely the extra acceptances are OOS as those are more likely to decline. IS rarely decline so they wouldn’t want to risk over accepting them

Many schools do this. It doesn’t make too much of a difference in the end. If they didn’t do this they would just be pulling more people off the waitlist later. I would guess they accept 110-120. And likely the extra acceptances are OOS as those are more likely to decline. IS rarely decline so they wouldn’t want to risk over accepting them
I see. Thanks so much!

where can we watch the virtual info sessions if we couldn’t make it?

Has anyone on the interview waitlist heard any updates yet?

Did you guys email a thank you letter after the interview (Tufts or any other schools you interviewed with)?

One of my interviewer is an alumni but doesn’t work for the school so I can’t even find her email. Should I just skip it…?

Did you guys email a thank you letter after the interview (Tufts or any other schools you interviewed with)?

One of my interviewer is an alumni but doesn’t work for the school so I can’t even find her email. Should I just skip it…?
I skipped it. Someone mentioned that they get a little overwhelmed with emails because they interview so many people. I don’t think it matters as much as we think it does.

Just finished my interview. I felt as if I clicked with the interviewers but I know I'm definitely a bit rough around the edges so hopefully they think it's a good fit. This was my first real "zoom meeting" ever and I was darting my eyes around between them and the camera. We will see. :-/

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Just got my official rejection after being on the interview waitlist. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
I know Ford said decisions will be out on the 20-something, but I'm so nervous already!! Tufts is my #1 top choice school and I would love to go there😭😭😭

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I know Ford said decisions will be out on the 20-something, but I'm so nervous already!! Tufts is my #1 top choice school and I would love to go there😭😭😭
Did they say on the 20th? or around the 20th? Also did they say how they would notify us? An email? a notification to check the portal? phone call?

Did they say on the 20th? or around the 20th? Also did they say how they would notify us? An email? a notification to check the portal? phone call?
From what I saw last year they received an email to check the portal on the 20th, when decisions were out!

During the q&a session, i believe he said 20-something, which I'm assuming is any time from 20th to 28th!

This is so random at this point but do Tufts consider the last 45 gpa and science gpa as a part of the admissions equation? Or is it just pure cumulative gpa?

So I just received an email that I needed to fix some stuff on my financial aid paper work and the due date for me to fix it is on the 22nd of February so my guess is decisions will come out after then!

Reactions: 4 users
So I just received an email that I needed to fix some stuff on my financial aid paper work and the due date for me to fix it is on the 22nd of February so my guess is decisions will come out after then!
I didn't even submit financial aid paperwork because I didn't think I'd get an interview😅 For me applying to tufts was like me applying to UC Berkeley in high school. It's my dream school but impossible, so I apply anyways and expect nothing. Low and behold the impossible happened and I got an interview so If I get in somehow I'll be screwed the first year, but it'll be worth it

This is so random at this point but do Tufts consider the last 45 gpa and science gpa as a part of the admissions equation? Or is it just pure cumulative gpa?
that sounds like a question for patty, who is super helpful and friendly, but if i remember correctly from my anxious pre-vet days it's ~1/3 gpa {not specified what kind of gpa - though i believe the emphasis was on cumulative}, 1/3 interview, and then like 1/4 holistic and the remainder being essays. i don't remember if they ever clarified about last 45 & science.

kind of forgot this website existed, so super late to the game - I’m a second year at Tufts if anyone has questions! good luck to everyone!

kind of forgot this website existed, so super late to the game - I’m a second year at Tufts if anyone has questions! good luck to everyone!
Hi. I want to ask how your interview experience went for you !

Hi. I want to ask how your interview experience went for you !
It was my favorite interview! Super conversational. They had some questions prepared, but they were standard things like my career goals and financial awareness. Then the rest of the time was spent talking about the IVM program (which I am now in). I was paired with the director of the program so I was able to ask a ton of questions. I definitely recommend having specific questions for the interviewers, because it shows how interested you are in Tufts!

Thank you so much for your reply. I felt happy when it was done. But I don’t know if it was the relief of being over that made me feel that way lol. I’m just anxious bc you really don’t know the outcome ahh!

Thank you so much for your reply. I felt happy when it was done. But I don’t know if it was the relief of being over that made me feel that way lol. I’m just anxious bc you really don’t know the outcome ahh!
if it helps, i feel like my interview did not go super well -- was asked quite a lot about prior withdrawals in o-chem -- and i still received an offer. you never know, but there's a little bit of wiggle room in those interviews for sure, because i felt pretty cornered lol

if it helps, i feel like my interview did not go super well -- was asked quite a lot about prior withdrawals in o-chem -- and i still received an offer. you never know, but there's a little bit of wiggle room in those interviews for sure, because i felt pretty cornered lol
Thanks so much. I appreciate this !

youtube GIF

Hopefully we'll be hearing soon! Manifesting only the best of things for us!

Reactions: 4 users
I’m at Tufts for undergrad and they made my heart stop… they sent out an email with the subject “Welcoming the class of 2026” and I thought it was from Cummings 😭 It’s just to welcome the early decision undergrad students lol

• Care
I’m at Tufts for undergrad and they made my heart stop… they sent out an email with the subject “Welcoming the class of 2026” and I thought it was from Cummings 😭 It’s just to welcome the early decision undergrad students lol
Omg i wouldve gotten a heart attack

Last year they heard on the Monday after Presidents day (2/22), so I'm thinking either tomorrow or next Monday maybe?

just confirming that we have no classes today!
wow unfair😭, no decisions today AND I still have classes today? AND I still have an exam today? My school should take a note from yall

• Care
wow unfair😭, no decisions today AND I still have classes today? AND I still have an exam today? My school should take a note from yall
ah that's rough lol i'm sorry, and i hope your exam goes okay. waiting is the worst.

• Care