You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Tufts c/o 2026!
Started by captainfelixxx
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Summerthom
Full Member
I had another school do that also. They said in the email to use that or a background without distraction. I'd say 2 out of the 9 people in my interview group actually used the background they gave.this is so random but I know they give us an option to use their campus as our background on zoom, did you guys use a background? or no, I haven’t for any of my other interviews but them giving us one to use has me overthinking it clearly 🥲
I used the background!this is so random but I know they give us an option to use their campus as our background on zoom, did you guys use a background? or no, I haven’t for any of my other interviews but them giving us one to use has me overthinking it clearly 🥲
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I second this! Definitely open-app and they reference your interests (both vet and non-vet)I had my interview Monday and it was very relaxed! Much more conversational than any others I’ve had. They did reference my application and other interests heavily so make sure you remember what you put! Good luck!
I did not use the background bc my computer is not powerfully enough to do itthis is so random but I know they give us an option to use their campus as our background on zoom, did you guys use a background? or no, I haven’t for any of my other interviews but them giving us one to use has me overthinking it clearly 🥲
Dogsandcats22
Full Member
I didn’t use it! I don’t think they care that muchthis is so random but I know they give us an option to use their campus as our background on zoom, did you guys use a background? or no, I haven’t for any of my other interviews but them giving us one to use has me overthinking it clearly 🥲
Does anyone know how long after an interview it takes to hear back about acceptance or rejection? Do they usually wait until all interviews have been conducted?
Last edited:
Jan/Feb - these interview dates you hear about application results in Feb. I didn't get an email from tufts until New years eve about my interview in Jan and found out about my acceptance on Feb 26th.
interviews after that (ie Jan and Feb) hear back in late Feb.
Does anyone know how long after an interview it takes to hear back about acceptance or rejection? Do they usually wait until all interviews have been conducted.
Doraemon123
Full Member
Where on our portal can we see who our interviewers are? I see a faculty member's welcome video that I think wasn't there before? Is that him?
If you scroll further down from the Dean's welcome vid you should see where it says "Online Interview Details" and your two faculty interviewers' names should be listed there along with a link to their intro vids!!Where on our portal can we see who our interviewers are? I see a faculty member's welcome video that I think wasn't there before? Is that him?
Doraemon123
Full Member
thats weird that I don't have them! Thanks though! i will email and askIf you scroll further down from the Dean's welcome vid you should see where it says "Online Interview Details" and your two faculty interviewers' names should be listed there along with a link to their intro vids!!
Mine didn’t show up until 2-3 days before my interview!thats weird that I don't have them! Thanks though! i will email and ask
Nevermind! Saw someone post the answer further up. LolJust had my interview! I’m really not sure how I did. It was so nerve-racking! Does anyone know when we should hear back after an interview?
For anyone who was wondering, Ford said last night on the Q&A that interviewed applicants could be denied, waitlisted, or accepted. He also said we should expect to hear back by the end of February! He said most likely between Feb 20th and March 1st.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've read on this thread and the previous year's thread thay they accept a good amount over the actual seats (100).. i wonder how many? If anyone knows[emoji23] or is this something that changes every year
Many schools do this. It doesn’t make too much of a difference in the end. If they didn’t do this they would just be pulling more people off the waitlist later. I would guess they accept 110-120. And likely the extra acceptances are OOS as those are more likely to decline. IS rarely decline so they wouldn’t want to risk over accepting them
I see. Thanks so much!Many schools do this. It doesn’t make too much of a difference in the end. If they didn’t do this they would just be pulling more people off the waitlist later. I would guess they accept 110-120. And likely the extra acceptances are OOS as those are more likely to decline. IS rarely decline so they wouldn’t want to risk over accepting them
dogsandcoffee
PennVet c/o 2026
where can we watch the virtual info sessions if we couldn’t make it?
They mentioned in one of the sessions that they would eventually upload them onto our portals!where can we watch the virtual info sessions if we couldn’t make it?
Has anyone on the interview waitlist heard any updates yet?
I skipped it. Someone mentioned that they get a little overwhelmed with emails because they interview so many people. I don’t think it matters as much as we think it does.Did you guys email a thank you letter after the interview (Tufts or any other schools you interviewed with)?
One of my interviewer is an alumni but doesn’t work for the school so I can’t even find her email. Should I just skip it…?
I haven’t and the email they sent said it would only be through Feb. 10th so I’ve given up hope 😅Has anyone on the interview waitlist heard any updates yet?
Yeah, that is exactly where I am at 🙁I haven’t and the email they sent said it would only be through Feb. 10th so I’ve given up hope 😅
Just finished my interview. I felt as if I clicked with the interviewers but I know I'm definitely a bit rough around the edges so hopefully they think it's a good fit. This was my first real "zoom meeting" ever and I was darting my eyes around between them and the camera. We will see. :-/
Just got my official rejection after being on the interview waitlist. Good luck everyone!
Did they say on the 20th? or around the 20th? Also did they say how they would notify us? An email? a notification to check the portal? phone call?I know Ford said decisions will be out on the 20-something, but I'm so nervous already!! Tufts is my #1 top choice school and I would love to go there😭😭😭
From what I saw last year they received an email to check the portal on the 20th, when decisions were out!Did they say on the 20th? or around the 20th? Also did they say how they would notify us? An email? a notification to check the portal? phone call?
During the q&a session, i believe he said 20-something, which I'm assuming is any time from 20th to 28th!Did they say on the 20th? or around the 20th? Also did they say how they would notify us? An email? a notification to check the portal? phone call?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i received my email on the 22nd 🙂From what I saw last year they received an email to check the portal on the 20th, when decisions were out!
I didn't even submit financial aid paperwork because I didn't think I'd get an interview😅 For me applying to tufts was like me applying to UC Berkeley in high school. It's my dream school but impossible, so I apply anyways and expect nothing. Low and behold the impossible happened and I got an interview so If I get in somehow I'll be screwed the first year, but it'll be worth itSo I just received an email that I needed to fix some stuff on my financial aid paper work and the due date for me to fix it is on the 22nd of February so my guess is decisions will come out after then!
that sounds like a question for patty, who is super helpful and friendly, but if i remember correctly from my anxious pre-vet days it's ~1/3 gpa {not specified what kind of gpa - though i believe the emphasis was on cumulative}, 1/3 interview, and then like 1/4 holistic and the remainder being essays. i don't remember if they ever clarified about last 45 & science.This is so random at this point but do Tufts consider the last 45 gpa and science gpa as a part of the admissions equation? Or is it just pure cumulative gpa?
kind of forgot this website existed, so super late to the game - I’m a second year at Tufts if anyone has questions! good luck to everyone!
nettarod00
Full Member
Hi. I want to ask how your interview experience went for you !kind of forgot this website existed, so super late to the game - I’m a second year at Tufts if anyone has questions! good luck to everyone!
It was my favorite interview! Super conversational. They had some questions prepared, but they were standard things like my career goals and financial awareness. Then the rest of the time was spent talking about the IVM program (which I am now in). I was paired with the director of the program so I was able to ask a ton of questions. I definitely recommend having specific questions for the interviewers, because it shows how interested you are in Tufts!Hi. I want to ask how your interview experience went for you !
nettarod00
Full Member
Thank you so much for your reply. I felt happy when it was done. But I don’t know if it was the relief of being over that made me feel that way lol. I’m just anxious bc you really don’t know the outcome ahh!
if it helps, i feel like my interview did not go super well -- was asked quite a lot about prior withdrawals in o-chem -- and i still received an offer. you never know, but there's a little bit of wiggle room in those interviews for sure, because i felt pretty cornered lolThank you so much for your reply. I felt happy when it was done. But I don’t know if it was the relief of being over that made me feel that way lol. I’m just anxious bc you really don’t know the outcome ahh!
nettarod00
Full Member
Thanks so much. I appreciate this !if it helps, i feel like my interview did not go super well -- was asked quite a lot about prior withdrawals in o-chem -- and i still received an offer. you never know, but there's a little bit of wiggle room in those interviews for sure, because i felt pretty cornered lol
I was hoping today but it is Presidents Day and I don't even think there are classes for them today :/![]()
Hopefully we'll be hearing soon! Manifesting only the best of things for us!
I’m at Tufts for undergrad and they made my heart stop… they sent out an email with the subject “Welcoming the class of 2026” and I thought it was from Cummings 😭 It’s just to welcome the early decision undergrad students lol
Omg i wouldve gotten a heart attackI’m at Tufts for undergrad and they made my heart stop… they sent out an email with the subject “Welcoming the class of 2026” and I thought it was from Cummings 😭 It’s just to welcome the early decision undergrad students lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted989551
Last year they heard on the Monday after Presidents day (2/22), so I'm thinking either tomorrow or next Monday maybe?
just confirming that we have no classes today!I was hoping today but it is Presidents Day and I don't even think there are classes for them today :/
wow unfair😭, no decisions today AND I still have classes today? AND I still have an exam today? My school should take a note from yalljust confirming that we have no classes today!
ah that's rough lol i'm sorry, and i hope your exam goes okay. waiting is the worst.wow unfair😭, no decisions today AND I still have classes today? AND I still have an exam today? My school should take a note from yall