Tufts delayed decision folks--anyone hear anything yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am curious if ANY delayed decision applicants have been accepted to Tufts? Ever?

Members don't see this ad.

del taco said:
cammy

are you going to stay on the waitlist?

Yep. I'll be happy at BU or Tufts but given the choice I'd go with Tufts. The $500 BU deposit won't mean anything in the long wrong. I got zip in financial aid from BU. Not to say that I will get anything from Tufts. But, since both are expensive and I am not getting any help from either institution the price tag matters very little. I'm going with my gut and if Tufts lets me in I'm there.

nycmed8 said:
I am curious if ANY delayed decision applicants have been accepted to Tufts? Ever?

One or two people a year, it seems after writing letters of intent, judging from my obsessive scouring of past years' threads.

I wonder why they don't just call it a waitlist from the get-go? That would make things much less anxious and nervewracking throughout the season because at least then we would know that until the end of May, we shouldn't flock to the mailbox every day for news.

I am glad it's not a rejection and even glad it's not an acceptance, because I wouldn't want to make a decision in three days, but I do feel deceived about what "DD" means and a little bit played by the Tufts system. I would love to go there, but I am discouraged and upset by their admissions process.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im a DD too, and I called earlier this morning. The woman said my letter was sent last Friday (doesn't seem to be a good sign), but she said she couldnt tell me what it said. The mail just came with nothing from Tufts...Im losing my hair and I hate the St. Louis mail system.

tl747 said:
Im a DD too, and I called earlier this morning. The woman said my letter was sent last Friday (doesn't seem to be a good sign), but she said she couldnt tell me what it said. The mail just came with nothing from Tufts...Im losing my hair and I hate the St. Louis mail system.

Maybe they can't tell you about an acceptance over the phone! good luck.

well i hope at least some of us gets some good news.... Dr. Flower i am rooting for you!

does anyone know what their waitlist movement was like last year? on their faqs they claim that 1/3 to a dozen people can come of the waitlist. it seems like this year most of the candidates interviewed in spring were accepted and are going.

joining the "delayed decision to waitlist" club...

does Tufts give any info regarding their wailist?? i.e. how many people are on it, how many on average get off it, and if there is any sort of ranking of the wailist?

bostonabe said:
joining the "delayed decision to waitlist" club...

does Tufts give any info regarding their wailist?? i.e. how many people are on it, how many on average get off it, and if there is any sort of ranking of the wailist?

Additionally, does anyone know about dual-degree decisions? When to expect them? How they work with the waitlist?

blowfish said:
Additionally, does anyone know about dual-degree decisions? When to expect them? How they work with the waitlist?

It was my understanding that you must first be accepted into the MD Program in order to be considered for their dual-degree program.

I received my acceptance to Tufts (interviewed March 8) this past weekend, and had been wondering about my application to the MD/MPH. Mind you, I've been pestering the Admissions Office via phone and email every day since Monday: I received an email today from Dr. Slavin about being accepted for the MD/MPH Program as well. The concensus from past dual-degree applicants is that once you are accepted into the MD Program, it isn't a stretch for them to admit you to the dual-degree that you are applying for.

I'm still confused about where to go, but I think I am leaning towards another school. Good luck to those on the waitlist!

del taco said:

I can't seem to open this link from my computer. Would someone be able to post the pdf file?

blowfish were you accepted into regular md and waitlisted for dual degree?

I was waitlisted into regular md (DD applicant, as well) and haven't heard from dual-degree at all. I recall reading that you could be accepted by the dual-degree (in my case, mba), but the acceptance was not valid until you were accepted into the md. However, I do not know if my recollection is accurate.

Members don't see this ad :)
oniwindu said:
It was my understanding that you must first be accepted into the MD Program in order to be considered for their dual-degree program.

I received my acceptance to Tufts (interviewed March 8) this past weekend, and had been wondering about my application to the MD/MPH. Mind you, I've been pestering the Admissions Office via phone and email every day since Monday: I received an email today from Dr. Slavin about being accepted for the MD/MPH Program as well. The concensus from past dual-degree applicants is that once you are accepted into the MD Program, it isn't a stretch for them to admit you to the dual-degree that you are applying for.

I'm still confused about where to go, but I think I am leaning towards another school. Good luck to those on the waitlist!

Thanks, Oniwindu. Good luck with your decision!

Still waiting for a tufts letter here....

It seems like Spring interviewees have heard if they were accepted. Have any spring people received a wait list letter yet?

still waiting for a letter too......winter interviewee (jan 25 or 26...i forgot)......but i live on the west coast

Waitlist. That's all I have to say, am very very disappointed. :(

We'll see what happens, but if every single dd applicant is waitlisted (which it looks they they are) then it can't say much for chances of acceptance this summer. Best of luck to everyone and congratulations to everyone who has been accepted.

:(

im a spring interviewer still waiting to hear...

january dd STILL waiting for a letter in NYC

horrifying though just occurred to me. we saw a bunch of people get accepted, then yesterday and today waitlists.... could it be they are sending rejections last?

nycmed8 said:
horrifying though just occurred to me. we saw a bunch of people get accepted, then yesterday and today waitlists.... could it be they are sending rejections last?

Nah... they have sent everything out in a haphazard fashion. I am sure you got a waitlist or acceptance :) Man, Tufts' notification policies suck ass.

I agree with cheese on that one, or at least I hope that is correct.

With all the different groups, DD, Spring interview....and due to a variety of other factors, ie where you live, and the fact that some people have called and heard their letter was sent last friday (and they were waitlisted)...I would have to say it is very haphazard.

Tomorrow?

Well I called and they said they sent a letter friday. Which I am taking to mean i am waitlisted, and i needn't worry about the may 15th deadline. sigh.

I called this morning and the woman told me my letter was sent on Monday. I live in New England, so I thought I would have gotten it today, but NO! I was a delayed decision applicant from the fall. I just want to know already. I am kind of scared becuase waitlist letters seemed to be mailed out Friday, so I am praying its not a rejection. I really wish Tufts was more on the ball in this process and if delayed decision really means you will eventually just get waitlisted, why not just waitlist in the beginning?? Grrrr

swmd said:
I called this morning and the woman told me my letter was sent on Monday. I live in New England, so I thought I would have gotten it today, but NO! I was a delayed decision applicant from the fall. I just want to know already. I am kind of scared becuase waitlist letters seemed to be mailed out Friday, so I am praying its not a rejection. I really wish Tufts was more on the ball in this process and if delayed decision really means you will eventually just get waitlisted, why not just waitlist in the beginning?? Grrrr

My waitlist letter (received yesterday) was postmarked Tuesday, 5/10, so not all waitlist letters were mailed Friday. Good luck!

I got an email response from Emily Condon (I think formerly Chadwick) saying I was offered a spot on the waitlist if I want it, and that my formal letter would be arriving soon.

That sucks.

Still waiting here. Do you have Emily Condon's email? Admissions Office doesn't like to answer the phones too much.

has any delayed decision applicant been accepted? if you're a lurker register and post! i think the chances of getting off the wl this year are going to be slim if there are like 500 ppl on it.

Spring interview, got the waitlist letter today. Don't think I'll be staying on it.

well i'm pissed. dd, FINALLY got a letter, waitlist, writted 5/6. way to go NYC mail. why must they jerk us around with "delayed decision"?

does Tufts waitlist EVERYONE on the delayed decision list?? :eek:

seems like it. i am a bitter girl today!

Called today...waitlist send on Friday. How did it not arrive yet??

Anyway the waitlist is large, but they truly accept the 168, then let people of the waitlist. This waitlist will move a lot, and a lot of people will not even be accepting the waitlist spot.

bostonmed24 said:
Called today...waitlist send on Friday. How did it not arrive yet??

Anyway the waitlist is large, but they truly accept the 168, then let people of the waitlist. This waitlist will move a lot, and a lot of people will not even be accepting the waitlist spot.

I hope to goodness that all of us really wanting to get accepted to Tufts will eventually be. When I received my waitlist letter I was naturally very disappointed, but I am still going to try and remain optimistic that we all still have a decent shot at getting in!! Hang in there...I think we'll start to hear things beginning of June! :) I just wish that they let us know how big the waitlist really is!

Well, you can add me to the DD --> waitlist club...bummer!!!

in california...nothing yet, probably tomorrow or saturday

has ANYONE on the DD list been accepted yet?

ktsou said:
in california...nothing yet, probably tomorrow or saturday

has ANYONE on the DD list been accepted yet?

in cali...waitlisted. Anyone know how the list moves for out of state applicants?

I know we haven't seen and DD acceptances, but has anyone been rejected yet either?

ludvikstein said:
in cali...waitlisted. Anyone know how the list moves for out of state applicants?

lud, i think we out of staters, esp from cali, have a decent chance of getting off the waitlist (even though i dont know where i stand bc i have not received anything yet, just speaking hypothetically). if you look at tuft's waitlist faq, they look at demographics when they accepted ppl to keep a diverse class, and i believe last year had some 28 cali students. my thinking is that possibly, many accepted ppl from cali may decide not to go to tufts and stay closer to home, esp if they get into a UC where it is cheaper, hopefully helping cali waitlisted students move up the waitlist faster. just my thought. any opinions?

ktsou i hope so!

i'm from cali too. i think there are 4 of us that were dd and i'm guessing subsequently wlisted.

Yes! I'm crossing my fingers for all of us CA applicants!

still nothing.......

I still didnt get anything in the mail, but I called today and they told me it was a waitlist letter. I dont know why they could not tell me that yesterday when I called and asked if they could give me the decision! Anyway, I REALLY want to go to Tufts, so I am hoping lots of people withdraw and give us waitlisters a spot!!! Has anyone from the delayed decision category been accepted or rejected?

i was told my wl letter was sent out last friday and it still hasn't arrived. what did they do send the packet by $0.37 postage?

Hi everyone,

I just withdrew my acceptance from Tufts today. I wish you guys best of luck!

Just got wait-listed. I've been lurking on this thread all week ... I'm in Cali and I knew my envelope would come last. Big envelope, but I knew that could mean WL or an acceptance. Ahhh, that's better. Just needed to vent. Happy weekend, everyone. Drown your sorrows, whatever form they take!

im in los angeles and still haven't received anything. dd in december. tried calling many times but got the voicemail!! just tell me already :mad: