Tufts School of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

How was the interview? was it more like conversational?? Any challenging questions?
straight up conversation. they only asked me "why dentistry" and everything after that was just conversation - everything from the pats to winters and LL bean. wicked easy

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I got an email from Tuft's last night saying they liked my application but are going to put it on hold until I submit my fall semester grades. Did anyone else get an email like that?

I got an email from Tuft's last night saying they liked my application but are going to put it on hold until I submit my fall semester grades. Did anyone else get an email like that?
No, but to be fair that’s better than what I’ve got from them (nothing)

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! I'm interviewing next week, and I was just wondering for those who interviewed, was your interview in the morning or afternoon? They haven't scheduled mine yet but I was just curious

Hey everyone! I'm interviewing next week, and I was just wondering for those who interviewed, was your interview in the morning or afternoon? They haven't scheduled mine yet but I was just curious
mine was 11am ET. they said depending on where the person interviewing lives, they adjust the time for them. meaning if you live on the west coast they aren't going to have you interview at 9am ET, for example

mine was 11am ET. they said depending on where the person interviewing lives, they adjust the time for them. meaning if you live on the west coast they aren't going to have you interview at 9am ET, for example
Thank you!!! How was the presentation day? Was it interactive or mostly just faculty/staff/students speaking? :)

Thank you!!! How was the presentation day? Was it interactive or mostly just faculty/staff/students speaking? :)
it was pretty interactive. there were a lot of little presentations given, but because there are only a handful of people on the zoom call you can stop and ask questions along the way. several breakout sessions - with the other interviewers to get to know each other, current students, etc

To anyone that did presentation day around what time was the intermission and lunch break? Also how long did it last?

it was pretty interactive. there were a lot of little presentations given, but because there are only a handful of people on the zoom call you can stop and ask questions along the way. several breakout sessions - with the other interviewers to get to know each other, current students, etc
No way why are you in breakout rooms with other people?

you just meet other dental students and interact with the other interviewees its really a chill day

Anyone have their number for the admissions office? I sent an email 3 weeks but still haven’t heard back.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an invite for presentation day. Does that mean I also have an invite for an interview? Does anyone know when they will schedule for the formal interview portion?

I just got an invite for presentation day. Does that mean I also have an invite for an interview? Does anyone know when they will schedule for the formal interview portion?
Yes, that’s an interview invite.

Did anyone get an interview invite who completed their application after 9/23? I'm trying to figure out where they are in sorting through applications.

Did anyone get an interview invite who completed their application after 9/23? I'm trying to figure out where they are in sorting through applications.
Completed mine 9/28 got an invite yesterday.

Hey was wondering when you guys got a confirmation for the interview? I got my invite on Sunday and sent two confirmation emails, yet I still haven’t heard back from anyone.I am getting worried.

The interview invitation email I got today says, "The Admissions Committee will release admissions decisions no later than December 1 2020." I thought the earliest possible date was December 15?

The interview invitation email I got today says, "The Admissions Committee will release admissions decisions no later than December 1 2020." I thought the earliest possible date was December 15?
Probably a mistake lol got that too.

Probably a mistake lol got that too.
Hey was wondering when you guys got a confirmation for the interview? I got my invite on Sunday and sent two confirmation emails, yet I still haven’t heard back from anyone.I am getting worried.

congrats!! do you guys mind sharing your stats?

Anyone got invited for the interview? My status just changed to Under review from Complete!

I haven’t received a confirmation either. I got an invite yesterday.

Hi everyone! I also received an interview on Sunday and sent in my confirmation around 2pm today. Hopefully we'll hear back by tomorrow with the supplemental!

Hi everyone! I also received an interview on Sunday and sent in my confirmation around 2pm today. Hopefully we'll hear back by tomorrow with the supplemental!
congrats! would you mind sharing your stats and when you applied?

congrats! would you mind sharing your stats and when you applied?

Applied June 29th. 3.74oGPA, 3.66sGPA. 20AA/TS. Scheduled to retake the DAT later this month!

I haven’t received a confirmation either. I got an invite yesterday.
I didn't get my official interview invite until the day after Presentation day. Even then, it my interview was two days from the time they scheduled me. I think they just really take their time with it.

straight up conversation. they only asked me "why dentistry" and everything after that was just conversation - everything from the pats to winters and LL bean. wicked easy
During your presentation day, did they also express that you had pretty good odds of being accepted?

During your presentation day, did they also express that you had pretty good odds of being accepted?
yes, i think they said something like 80% of interviewees are accepted

• Wow
Has anyone else gotten an interview invite on Sunday for next week, and answered them, and still waiting for them to get back????

Does anyone know which days of the week Tufts usually interviews candidates?

The presentation day was on a Tuesday; individual interviews I believe are Wednesday-Friday

Has anyone else gotten an interview invite on Sunday for next week, and answered them, and still waiting for them to get back????
do you mind sharing your stats and when you submitted your app? also when is your interview for?

The presentation day was on a Tuesday; individual interviews I believe are Wednesday-Friday
How soon after submitting your supplemental did they notify you of the date? Also, do they give you options or did they just assign a date?

How soon after submitting your supplemental did they notify you of the date? Also, do they give you options or did they just assign a date?
About a month or two?
They were kind about it and just gave me a time and date

About a month or two?
They were kind about it and just gave me a time and date
Oops sorry I should have clarified! I meant how long after the handwritten supplemental they give you after offering you an interview!

Oops sorry I should have clarified! I meant how long after the handwritten supplemental they give you after offering you an interview!
Oooof- I completely missed this, hope you got that interview, my friend!