U Chicago Class of 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JulianCrane

The Power of Intention
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, as of now, I think I'll be at U Chicago next year. Anyone gonna join me?

Members don't see this ad.

I got in too and I LOVED the school!
Plus chicago is in a great city. Still trying to choose between other schools but this one really stands out for me and I think I would be very happy at Uchicago:clap:

I got waitlisted :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by calebho501
I got waitlisted :(

haha caleb....

you got vandy so at least you can sleep at night ;)

Originally posted by jlee9531
haha caleb....

you got vandy so at least you can sleep at night ;)

Actually I can't...my roommate snores at night :eek:
Shhh....don't tell him, he doesn't know that ;)

Congratulations to all who got into Pritzker c/o 2008! Deciding to go here is one of the best decisions you'll ever make--if you make it. All bias aside, we first-years just took our last final exam on Wednesday, and we all went out and partied as a class. We booked a club and had open bar for two hours at $15/head. In the words of the person who arranged the event, it was "debaucherous". If you come here, you too can participate in such festivities.

To those on the waitlist, hang in there! There is still reason for great hope. I'm sure you know that maintaining contact with the OME on a regular basis is key to your getting in, but don't hound them though. A letter or phone call every month should suffice. However, you may have to wait a while. I don't know when the OME first went to the wait list, but the mass movement started around mid-May.

Good luck with the rest of the process, and happy holidays.

Congrats to those that have gotten in! My man marooned is right. The OME does a wonderful job of picking a good class. I can honestly say that the best thing I've experienced so far have been my classmates.

And yes, us Pritzkerites do engage in the above debauchery a lot. There is a real sense of community within our class and everybody seems to get along great. I could not have picked a better place to go to med school and could not imagine being happier anywhere else.

Btw, MS08s start preparing yourselves for Pritzker bowl 2004. Unfortunately we lost to the MS06s on the gridiron the other day so we'll be taking out our frustration on you guys next year! ;)

P.S.

Marooned, don't know about you but I got the crap knocked out of me on thursday. I'm really feeling it today. I'm so sore i can hardly move. No more O-line for me for awhile. :cool:

I'm applying to U of Chicago next year, and would love to go there. Can you guys share some tips of getting in from your own experience(ie: particular EC, high mcat, stuff like that) Thanks.

The #1 reason why you should come to Pritzker is:

THE PEOPLE

I couldn't believe it, and after a quarter, I'm telling you, it's what is most important (P/F doesn't hurt either, :love: )

Take care to all. Merry Christmas! or

Happy Chrismahanakwanzadan

Gumshoe

so does the 12 year old kid party with you guys too?

Is your location a resonance structure?
(Registered: Jul 2003

That's so cool...quantomechanical superpostion, and all.

i absolutely loved chicago when i visited. the people WERE amazing! very laid back and friendly, jsut my type of environment :) my question is...maybe it could be you just get lucky with the people in your class? they just happen to all be great? or do you feel all the classes (2004-2007) are great? and the administration looks for the right kind of people?

I think there is variation, and it'll be tough to beat this class of ours (2007), but the other classes are right there, no doubt. I think they do really great job of selecting people for ALL AROUND qualities.

Chicago is MONEY and so are the people at UChicago. 'Nuff said.

Merry Christmas!

:D

I see the regulars are here, so sorry you guys lost to c/0 2006.

Anyways, I can comment on the class in general they have been very supportive and friendly. I went through a tough time early in the quarter with some personal issues and I can say if it was not for my classmates and some 2nd years I may have taken time off or worse...but after only one quarter I can say I love all of my classmates, even the gunners in the front row that ask 10 questions and want to hijack the lecture all for themselves, LOL

As for the infamous 12 year old, he's very nice. Obviously his age is a handicap in certain social situations, but I've talked to him and he seems social and well-balanced, and he is passing his classes so he can handle the curriculum. After this year he goes to PhD work for about 5 years so we will not really see him I guess.

Good luck to you guys and do write letters if waitlisted (they put the letters in your file) so I recommend writing over calling and asking "what's my status?" which will not do anything for you...Happy Holidays

:D

We gotta bump up something that shows the glory of Master JulianCrane ;)