U of Iowa MSTP Mailing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NE_Cornhusker1

12" Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, did any one else get a letter from Iowa encouraging them to apply to the MSTP program lately (9/16 or so)?

I am not sure what to think because I have talked to the admissions office in the past about applying there (whether or not to?) and they stated that I probably wouldn't even get an interview. Peace.

Members don't see this ad.

Here's a peice of advice from sombody who got that last year, and then applied to it: if your stats arren't good enough (that means pretty darn good), don't waste your time and your money. I applied, spent my money and had no business doing so. In most cases it appears they are sending these things to get extra applicants. I know that they acutually get a whole lot of quality applicants because of it, but be realistic about yourself and what you want to do. If your stats are good enough, go for it, and if they are not, don't bother. But like everthing else, you have to do what you want to do. Please do not let me stop you from applying there. Do what you want and what you feel is right!!
Plus if you are from Iowa it would help a lot too - I was not from Iowa.

Good luck.