U of St. Augustine Fall 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MightyGoodDay

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got the phone call today! Accepted for the Fall 2012! Anyone else hear back yet?!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! I am planning on applying for the Spring Semester (January) and was wondering what anyone thinks of my chances of getting into St. Augustine in Florida.

University: University of Illinois @ Urbana-Champaign
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.35
Pre-Req GPA: 3.40
GRE: 1000

Extra-Curric: Illini Division 1 Club Hockey, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater Football (2009 National Champions) Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity

Volunteer: 100 hours

I know its nothing that jumps of the page, but I just wanted to see what people thought about my chances of getting into USA. I am visiting there over spring break and can't wait to see what the school is all about. Thanks!

Congrats! I am planning on applying for the Spring Semester (January) and was wondering what anyone thinks of my chances of getting into St. Augustine in Florida.

University: University of Illinois @ Urbana-Champaign
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.35
Pre-Req GPA: 3.40
GRE: 1000

Extra-Curric: Illini Division 1 Club Hockey, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater Football (2009 National Champions) Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity

Volunteer: 100 hours

I know its nothing that jumps of the page, but I just wanted to see what people thought about my chances of getting into USA. I am visiting there over spring break and can't wait to see what the school is all about. Thanks!

Honestly, my stats were similar to yours, only difference was my GRE was a little higher. St. Augustine puts a lot of weight on your interview I believe. With your stats you should be requested to interview and then its just a matter of how they like you personally. Make sure you have a ton of observation/volunteer/internship hours, I had 364 hours in a PT setting. They like tosee you have spent a lot of time in the field and know you want to be a PT

Members don't see this ad :)
I also got the call on the 24th saying I made it in. Are you going for the Florida location? DO you know how to locate the facebook group for it? Congratulations by the way!

goillini8228 did you apply for the January term? if so have you heard back from them?

I actually just received an email saying that my application has been processed and is ready for review. Supposed to hear back sometime in late June - early July. I'll let you know!

The class is full for the fall. That's what they told me. I got in San Marcos and tried to do a transfer and they had to put me on a waitlist. Good luck

I actually just received an email saying that my application has been processed and is ready for review. Supposed to hear back sometime in late June - early July. I'll let you know!
@goillini8228 ok cool i also applied for the January term, so it looks like we are competitors. Which campus did you applied? San Marcos, Austin or St augustine, fl?

Did you know anybody that went to the florida campus? did they tell you good things about the school?

I am in for January 2012 at the Austin Campus. Which campus are you wanting ??

@goillini8228 ok cool i also applied for the January term, so it looks like we are competitors. Which campus did you applied? San Marcos, Austin or St augustine, fl?

Which campus are you going for? I am in at the Austin campus for jan 2013

The st. augustine campus. i think they are emailing sometime this week about interview. When do they start interviewing in Austin?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted into San Marcos in may. I decided to do a campus transfer but Steve jones said the best he could do was put me on the waiting list for Florida. So I accepted. I don't see myself getting off the waiting list for the fall, but Steve said that my application could possibly be shuttled to January term without having to reapply. This makes sense because I was already accepted at bother campus. Anyone experience anything like this?

Hey guys i'm new to this website. I just recently applied for physical therapy school at University of St. Augustine. Did anybody else applied for the january 2013 term? just want to know some of my competitors. thanks
Edit Report

I applied for Jan 2013. We should be hearing something this week.

have you talked to them recently? and which campus are you applying for?

I applied for the San Marcos campus. I got an email saying that decision emails should start going out in early July, and it's July 9th.

I got an email on the 6th stating that they are still reviewing files and that "decision emails will be sent out over the next few weeks." I applied to the San Marcos campus as well.

Yeah i got that same email. hopefully we hear sometime this week, I'm so anxious to know.

I am in for January at the Austin campus!!! I actually found out a couple of weeks ago, but I also think that is because they were interviewing Fall and Spring at the same time. I just chose to start in January!!!

Just got an email from Steve Jones that I got an interview for July 27...good luck to everyone!

Congrats SondraK, where is you interview? in san marcos? or are all the interviews are in Florida? just curious

Thanks! The interview is here at the San Marcos campus. Luckily I'm local so I won't have to make travel arrangements but a vacation to Florida would be nice :)

Anytime, I'm from louisiana so i'm gonna make a trip either way lol.

I'm a non-traditional student so my GPA is a strange situation...my overall GPA is a 3.45, my prereq GPA is about a 3.0 but several of my classes were not counted because the classes were taken more than 5 years ago so the GPA that USA took into consideration was closer to a 3.6. I wish I could give exact numbers but I don't know them off the top of my head. My GRE was way lower than I would have liked at a 155 Verbal, 144 Quantitative, and 3.0 Writing.

alright that's cool. well i'm excited for you, st augustine is a great school and you will enjoy it.

I originally submitted my application for Fall 2012 back in December but was passed over and told they would hold my application for reconsideration for Spring 2013.

I too will be at the San Marcos interview on the 27th :)

@blewis15 what are your stats? if don't mind sharing. i'm surprise i haven't gotten an email, but i applied to the florida campus.

Overall GPA 3.76, Pre-Req GPA 3.86, GRE 160(Quantitative) 151(Verbal) 3.5(A.W.), 450+ hours observation (40 in-patient), including my new full time job working as a PT Aide.

I got an interview for San Marcos on the 27th! Does anyone know how many people they interview for this semester?

Does anyone have any insight regarding USA's curriculum? Specifically how are they able to have a program that is so much shorter than most other DPT programs (2 yrs 4 mnths vs 3 yrs)? Is it more condensed and/or intense?

Has anyone heard back in regards to the Florida campus? It seems Austin and San Marcos know when their interviews are but I havent seen anything in regards to the Florida campus.

No, i def. been waiting for the florida campus to send out emails.

I'm going to interview at san marcos for spring 2013 on 27th also:) anyone applied for dual degree?

you can view their catalog on their website and it breaks each trimester down

Just got an invite for an interview at the FL campus. WOOT WOOT!

Though, I'm still curious about their interviews. What I am wondering is that; do they automatically accept people with really good stats and interview the people that they are not sure about? or do they interview everyone and the interview just means your stats are good enough it get to the next step?

Only worthy candidates get invited for an interview, but you must go through the interview process to become accepted.

@Maracaibo1988

Aug 3rd. I'm currently getting my logistics squared away. St Aug was the first school I've applied to, so hopefully this will work out so I won't have to deal with all the other schools on the PTCAS.

@barfootsocks i'll see you that day. whats your stats? GRE and GPAs? if you don't mind sharing

Congrats to all of you who received an interview. I have yet to even hear back from USA and I am starting to wonder if they forgot about me....lol I called admissions on Tuesday and they said a decision on my application has still not been made. Is there anyone else who applied for the January term that has yet to hear back? I'm assuming its probably not a good sign for me considering most of you on this thread have already received invitations. I guess I'll just have to continue waiting....

@goillini8228 have you heard anything? I talked to a girl who told me she wasn't told until a week before, which didn't give her much time to prepare, but she still was able to make it.

and if any other SD people read this, are you guys ready for Friday's interview?! I'm pretty nervous, not going to lie! But good luck to all of you!

i was invited to interview at the florida campus. does anyone know how long it will take after the interviews to hear a decision? do any alumni or current students have some words of wisdom for the interview part? i'm excited but definitely nervous....

I received a phone call one week later and an official letter the week after that. If they want you, you'll know very soon.

Kevin

Has anyone heard anything from San Marcos Spring 2013?