-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UC Davis c/o 2016 Applicants
Started by heylodeb
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Be prepared for lots of ethical questions. 🙂
Is this advice for both the VMOP interview and the general committee interview? 🙂
Yeah but Davis is my top choice. I just find it odd that I've heard positives from OOS schools but buptkiss from Davis. Unless they are still sending out interview invites, but it's already been 3 days.
Yeah I felt that way earlier in the app cycle as well... good news from mulitple OOS schools and crickets from my IS.
I haven't heard from UC Davis either.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah but Davis is my top choice. I just find it odd that I've heard positives from OOS schools but buptkiss from Davis. Unless they are still sending out interview invites, but it's already been 3 days.
I'm feeling the same way right now as an IS for Davis with no response. Just gotta keep positive and hope more interviews come out next week. A few people from SDN have declined their interviews, so maybe they will call a few more up? 🙄
Is this advice for both the VMOP interview and the general committee interview? 🙂
Lol, I suppose, but definitely, more so for the VMOP interview. 😍
In an attempt to ease some of your minds, I know exactly how you feel. After applying and interviewing, people started to get acceptances about a month and a half later, on a Friday. My two closest friends at school heard on that Friday that they were accepted. I got nothing, and was completely distraught through the weekend. Then on Monday I got my acceptance. 😍 It was cruel, haha, but that's just the way things go out sometimes.
I'm sure more interview invites will be sent out on Monday, so sit tight and try not to freak out too much (although I know that's pretty much impossible!). 🙂
I'm sure more interview invites will be sent out on Monday, so sit tight and try not to freak out too much (although I know that's pretty much impossible!). 🙂
This whole process of applying, waiting, and interviewing is making me FAT! I don't even fit in some of my interview slacks anymore due to a severe case of muffin top. I had to switch to the high waisted skirt.
Still no word for me.
I didn't feel as stressed, but I think I am holding it internally. So far I've been on 2 interviews and have gotten sick with a cold after each of them. Also, I normally don't have an issue, but I've been breaking out!. I need to be accepted somewhere before I succumb to influenza and die
Hang tight!!! Soon enough you'll lose all that weight from studying like crazy and not eating. 😀ANY2003, ME TOO! It is awful. Monday I am hitting the gym and going to try and reverse the muffin top.
Soon enough you'll lose all that weight from studying like crazy and not eating. 😀
Boy do I have some bad news for stress eaters....
Boy do I have some bad news for stress eaters....
Sooo true, lol....haha, we actually have quite a few of those too. Well, stress bakers. It's quite enabling for the stress eaters to have them around, actually. 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Boy do I have some bad news for stress eaters....
I was trying to be positive!
I was trying to be positive!
I'm not so sure talking about how much studying you have to do in vet school counts as being positive.

I am a stress COOKER, so you know you want me in your vet class 🙂
Haha me too. My BF always tells me to just sit down and relax instead of making insanely elaborate meals, and he doesn't understand when I tell him that cooking IS relaxing! 🙂
I am an enchilada maker, so I hope y'all like those 🙂 haha
mmmmmmmmm One of my favorites!!! 🙂
Boy do I have some bad news for stress eaters....
hahaha so true, between the stress bakers and lunch talks with pizza, the stress eaters/stress "I don't have time to go to the store so I'll eat what I can"ers are in for a surprise.
I agree though don't stress too much guys, I know someone in my class got their interview invite the day before the interview orientation, so I know it's stressful but there is still time. It sounds like they mostly focused on the VMOP ones on Friday. Just keep your fingers crossed and I'm sure more SDNers will hear.
In the interview invite letter, a link was included with additional information about the interview workshop and school etc. On that webpage it says:
"Interview offers will be emailed between Feb. 8 17th.
Applicants not offered interviews will be sent an email of non-admission between Feb. 13th-24th
Interview Orientation (open to interviewees only) will be held on Saturday, Feb. 18th, 10 a.m. 4:00 p.m. in 1020 Gladys Valley Hall
Interviews will be held Feb. 22 Mar. 15.
Interviewees will be notified via email of final admission decisions beginning Mar. 21 through 31."
Keep your chin up guys. Interview invites will be going out until next Friday! I'm sure as they get decline notices, more invites will be sent out. Stay positive 👍
"Interview offers will be emailed between Feb. 8 17th.
Applicants not offered interviews will be sent an email of non-admission between Feb. 13th-24th
Interview Orientation (open to interviewees only) will be held on Saturday, Feb. 18th, 10 a.m. 4:00 p.m. in 1020 Gladys Valley Hall
Interviews will be held Feb. 22 Mar. 15.
Interviewees will be notified via email of final admission decisions beginning Mar. 21 through 31."
Keep your chin up guys. Interview invites will be going out until next Friday! I'm sure as they get decline notices, more invites will be sent out. Stay positive 👍
Thanks, Grey! We'll be waiting!In the interview invite letter, a link was included with additional information about the interview workshop and school etc. On that webpage it says:
"Interview offers will be emailed between Feb. 8 17th.
Applicants not offered interviews will be sent an email of non-admission between Feb. 13th-24th
Interview Orientation (open to interviewees only) will be held on Saturday, Feb. 18th, 10 a.m. 4:00 p.m. in 1020 Gladys Valley Hall
Interviews will be held Feb. 22 Mar. 15.
Interviewees will be notified via email of final admission decisions beginning Mar. 21 through 31."
Keep your chin up guys. Interview invites will be going out until next Friday! I'm sure as they get decline notices, more invites will be sent out. Stay positive 👍

In the interview invite letter, a link was included with additional information about the interview workshop and school etc. On that webpage it says:
"Interview offers will be emailed between Feb. 8 – 17th.
Music to my ears!!
Hoping tomorrow goes well, guys! *fingers crossed*
Yes! Fingers and toes crossed for my fellow SDNers 🙂.
Yes! Fingers and toes crossed for my fellow SDNers 🙂.
No pressure, my friends. But know I'll be watching, too.
Or at least peeking in from time to time when not in class or out shopping for a V-Day gift.

Has anyone else seen the Acceptance threads lately? There were people that recieved a call on a Sunday from Purdue. Now to me thats service! Here we are waiting for an email that will only be sent from the hours of 9-4 pst Monday through Friday...I think Davis could learn something from Purdue.😉
Does anyone know what kind of attire should be worn for the interview orientation session this saturday? (business casual, street clothes, etc.) Can't wait to check out the school and learn about the new curriculum and how its all working out.
From the video of the orientation last year it looks like most people wore street clothes, sweatshirts (even beanies) etc. Personally, I think we should dress on the nicer side of casual, but not business formal by any means.
I'm also excited to go! I've lived a couple hours away from Davis for my entire undergrad, yet I've never been to the school.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know what kind of attire should be worn for the interview orientation session this saturday? (business casual, street clothes, etc.) Can't wait to check out the school and learn about the new curriculum and how its all working out.
I would say business casual would be a good idea and that's what most students in my year ended up wearing (with the exception of the food animal guys, who wore jeans with button up shirts). I would advise against wearing a sweatshirt, ripped jeans or anything of the sort. First impressions are really important and they will have a photo of you with your application when they review them and make decisions, so they may remember you from the interview orientation.
I would say business casual would be a good idea and that's what most students in my year ended up wearing (with the exception of the food animal guys, who wore jeans with button up shirts). I would advise against wearing a sweatshirt, ripped jeans or anything of the sort. First impressions are really important and they will have a photo of you with your application when they review them and make decisions, so they may remember you from the interview orientation.
Should I steer clear of jeans, or would they be appropriate with a nice shirt?
Should I steer clear of jeans, or would they be appropriate with a nice shirt?
It's really up to you. I have a few pairs of nice jeans that I consider more "dressy" so I could see pulling those off with a nice shirt, but personally I'd probably feel under-dressed in my more casual jeans.
By no means do you need to wear a suit or go out and buy a business casual outfit just for this occasion (you'll break the suit out for your actual interview!), find something in your current wardrobe that would work, and wear that. 🙂
Any news? Good or bad?
Nothing good ever happens on Monday. I think tomorrow will bear some news.
Nothing good ever happens on Monday. I think tomorrow will bear some news.
I received a 94 on my biochem exam today 😀
I received a 94 on my biochem exam today 😀
That is, indeed, awesome! Here's hoping you're on a winning streak 🙂
Thanks mooshagen and mixedvet!!!! I hope this is a winning streak for all of us!
So no one heard anything today as far as we know? I wish every pre-vet student used SDN so we could keep a better timeline/guessing game.
Dear SDN and the UCD class of 2016 thread,
I feel like our relationship is destructive. I desperately need to be studying for my exams, but all I really want to do is practice interview questions and talk to other prospective applicants on SDN in the UCD class of 2016 thread. I keep staring longingly at you and neglecting my physiology homework. Curse you and my lack of self-control to refrain from posting. Clearly we are frenemies...
Sincerely,
Received interview invite and waiting
^This is becoming a problem for me. I wonder if I can self-impose my own parental controls on my computer to prevent me from visiting this thread until my exams are over
🙂
Goodluck other SDNers. I am excited to meet some fellow applicants on Saturday!
I feel like our relationship is destructive. I desperately need to be studying for my exams, but all I really want to do is practice interview questions and talk to other prospective applicants on SDN in the UCD class of 2016 thread. I keep staring longingly at you and neglecting my physiology homework. Curse you and my lack of self-control to refrain from posting. Clearly we are frenemies...
Sincerely,
Received interview invite and waiting
^This is becoming a problem for me. I wonder if I can self-impose my own parental controls on my computer to prevent me from visiting this thread until my exams are over
🙂
Goodluck other SDNers. I am excited to meet some fellow applicants on Saturday!
Dear SDN and the UCD class of 2016 thread,
I feel like our relationship is destructive. I desperately need to be studying for my exams, but all I really want to do is practice interview questions and talk to other prospective applicants on SDN in the UCD class of 2016 thread. I keep staring longingly at you and neglecting my physiology homework. Curse you and my lack of self-control to refrain from posting. Clearly we are frenemies...
Sincerely,
Received interview invite and waiting
^This is becoming a problem for me. I wonder if I can self-impose my own parental controls on my computer to prevent me from visiting this thread until my exams are over![]()
🙂
Goodluck other SDNers. I am excited to meet some fellow applicants on Saturday!
My sentiments exactly.
Im looking forward to meeting all of you on Saturday! Im so nervous for the interview. I chose Feb 24th at 930. Ahhhh i hope that gives me enough time to prepare. Good luck to all!!!!!
P.s. Anyone else interested in poultry/food animal???
P.s. Anyone else interested in poultry/food animal???
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No news today either?
Not over here....
Ahh! Going so crazy here. They are just trickling them out now. I just want to know good or bad!
I thought last year they did several batches for a few days in a row?
I thought last year they did several batches for a few days in a row?
Nothing for me either. Maybe they are going over some again? A lot of OOS declined interviews, at least according to the thread.
called the school today, for fun....she said that they were still sending out invites but didnt know how much was left. 🙁