UC Davis c/o 2016 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I feel like all that did was prolong my suffering!

Members don't see this ad.

You guys...Emotional roller coaster. I got a letter of rejection. Just got a phone call saying some OOS people cancelled, and they invited me for an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
You guys...Emotional roller coaster. I got a letter of rejection. Just got a phone call saying some OOS people cancelled, and they invited me for an interview.
oh my gosh! congrats, but thats crazy!!! I just can't help shake the feeling that theres a little sadism over there at the admissions dept :laugh:

I got an interview!!!!!!!
:banana:

OMMMMMMGGFG

That is great! Yay for cancellations! Now I just hope I get an email with an invite today.

I just got the email approx 4 mins ago. Don't know what I'll do about tomorrow as my car is in the shop and needs moolah

I just got the email approx 4 mins ago. Don't know what I'll do about tomorrow as my car is in the shop and needs moolah

You will get there somehow.

I am just watching my email, hoping it will show a new (and good news) email. Soon I will be logging off though to volunteer though.

TigerWillow,

They said that if you can't make it, the video of the orientation will be posted online. Sadly, I can't go because it's too last minute for me to find coverage for work tomorrow. They said your attendance has NO bearing on your acceptance.

I got an interview!!!!!!!
:banana:

OMMMMMMGGFG

This makes me happy. Despite me attempts to derail the process, you persevered and pushed through. Congratulations!!! :bow:

I wouldn't be too worried about the orientation. So long as you can get to the interview. I chose to flying in and out of Sacramento on the day of my interview. No reason to stick around and miss classes. Cost me about 65 bucks each way. Gonna have to rent a car, though. Still, can't put a price on making this day as stress-free as possible.

Members don't see this ad :)
This makes me happy. Despite me attempts to derail the process, you persevered and pushed through. Congratulations!!! :bow:

I wouldn't be too worried about the orientation. So long as you can get to the interview. I chose to flying in and out of Sacramento on the day of my interview. No reason to stick around and miss classes. Cost me about 65 bucks each way. Gonna have to rent a car, though. Still, can't put a price on making this day as stress-free as possible.

Hahaha I know August. It took that long to get to the bottom of the pile.

Are you going to the orientation?? It's just that I've never seen Davis before so it my be beneficial for me.

Hahaha I know August. It took that long to get to the bottom of the pile.

Are you going to the orientation?? It's just that I've never seen Davis before so it my be beneficial for me.

I am choosing not to go. However, I have visited and toured the SVM twice already, the last time being just one month ago. By all means I would go if it is feasible. However, I wouldn't agonize over it. More important you get your interview scheduled. They also provide the opportunity for a mentor to be appointed to you. I recommend it. They will be able to answer any questions and offer insights on the interview process. They will also most likely be able to give you a tour of the school and facilities before or after your interview.

I can only imagine the relief and joy you are feeling now. Take a deep breath and figure out what suits you best. You have made it through the biggest hurdle. Downhill from here...

Thanks August. I just scheduled my interview via the super super nice lady, and she definitely talked me out of it. So I will be saving $400. Yay!

She also mentioned the mentor and I'm taking advantage of that.

I'm crossing my fingers for the rest of you!!

Current students might be able to pick you up and drop you off. Several people drive in and out of Sac to class.....just an idea! :) PM me and I can send an e-mail out to the class if you want to save the money for a rental car.

and congrats to TigerWillow!!!!

Thanks Heylodeb!!! And congrats sniffing out WTF in WW!!

Seriously! My heart can't take it!! Also, are they closed on Monday for Presidents day?!

We don't have class that day, so I'm guessing so. But emphasize the word "guessing"

Can't wait to meet some of you, tomorrow!

You'll be able to figure out who I am - come say hi!

I hope everyone enjoyed the interview orientation today! If you haven't figure out yet - I'm the one who moderated the panel.

It is hard to believe that I was in your shoes a year ago. I'm nervous and excited for each of you! Bring on the interviews!!!

I see you lurking Dye it purple!

Hello everyone!! I just wanted to say I very much enjoyed getting to meet those of you who attended the interview orientation today. I greatly enjoyed giving all of you tours and thanks for the awesome questions. Best of luck to each and every one of you! Hope to see you in the fall!!

hahahahhaha. Slick. Great job today, lady! Now sleep off that flu!!!!

Can't wait to see the video!!! I'm sad I missed today. However, I rocked as I restrained for 4 heartworm tests and one FELV/FIV test at our vaccine clinic... IN A ROW....

Me got big guns. :D

I hope everyone enjoyed the interview orientation today! If you haven't figure out yet - I'm the one who moderated the panel.

It is hard to believe that I was in your shoes a year ago. I'm nervous and excited for each of you! Bring on the interviews!!!

Today was so great! Big props to the c/o 2015 for putting it on. I didn't even think I could want Davis more, but after today, it's like nothing else would ever do. Everyone was so nice and friendly--I'm really glad I went. Now to just do well in the interview....:scared:

I didn't figure out who you were until the very end and I had to split, but I really wanted to introduce myself. Next time :).

You (and everyone) did such a great job! By the end of the day, I was totally exhausted but even MORE excited about the possibility of going to Davis!!

I still have not heard either :( But I am quickly losing hope with them saying only a handful left. I am here for undergrad currently and it would have been so nice to not have to pick up and move across the country. Good luck FTB! Maybe we have a miracle coming.

I am right there with you guys :(

The school is closed today so it is unlikely that you will be hearing anything today. The waiting game is NOT fun!!

I'm not actively waiting anymore, but I haven't gotten anything either. Good :luck: to everyone waiting!

The school is closed today so it is unlikely that you will be hearing anything today. The waiting game is NOT fun!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! (just kidding)

But agreed, the waiting is not fun but it's a good way to exercise my patience muscle.

Hope is a terrible thing at times. I *hope* it isn't over for me but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Why would they prolong notifying applicants of their decision? Are they just too busy to send out a few e-mails? Or maybe they are still crunching their numbers and figuring out how many seats they need to fill and how many interviews to schedule before rendering a decision either way. To me it sounds like those that have not heard are still very much under consideration. I will hold onto good luck sentiments for those of you in this category even after the hope has died out in your eyes. ;)

I emailed them and they said everything is out. I never heard anything. Were there a lot of people at orientation?

I didnt want to mention this, but when I called on Friday, the lady made it sound like I was one of the last few people :( I'm guessing that there could POSSIBLY be cancellations even this week, so maybe they are holding off on full blown rejections?

I didnt want to mention this, but when I called on Friday, the lady made it sound like I was one of the last few people :( I'm guessing that there could POSSIBLY be cancellations even this week, so maybe they are holding off on full blown rejections?

I don't blame you lol. I was gonna post something on a different thread yesterday and then thought about the panic it would cause so I chose not to. You probably did us all a favor. I really only applied to Davis due to the lack of supplemental application (I applied to 12 schools, give me a break) but I really really hope those of you who wanted Davis so badly, get the chance you all deserve eventually! Keep working hard and it WILL pay off! I promise! :)

Haha. Is that why they rejected people last week and then called them later in the day asking them to interview?

I don't blame you lol. I was gonna post something on a different thread yesterday and then thought about the panic it would cause so I chose not to. You probably did us all a favor. I really only applied to Davis due to the lack of supplemental application (I applied to 12 schools, give me a break) but I really really hope those of you who wanted Davis so badly, get the chance you all deserve eventually! Keep working hard and it WILL pay off! I promise! :)

That is a big part of the reason I applied to Penn.

Can't believe I wasted my time on that damn postcard!! :smack::caution::bullcrap:

:rofl:

That is a big part of the reason I applied to Penn.

Can't believe I wasted my time on that damn postcard!! :smack::caution::bullcrap:

:rofl:

Haha! Yep, Penn was my other one with no supp app! At that point, I was done writing my 28 essays and said "What's $75 more dollars if it saves me an essay?" :laugh:

I'm not trying to devalue anyone's dreams of Davis by the way, sorry if anyone takes it that way. I know for most of you this is serious stuff and I seriously have my :xf: for you all! I know how it feels to want a school so badly, so please don't take any of this the wrong way!:oops:

Haha. Is that why they rejected people last week and then called them later in the day asking them to interview?

Well from what was said here, that sounded like OOS students. So, Davis could have assumed that all of the people invited would want to go, therefore rejecting everyone else (yet that obviously wasnt the case). So maybe they are waiting on the IS declines?
This is all pure conjecture tho......

Haha! Yep, Penn was my other one with no supp app! At that point, I was done writing my 28 essays and said "What's $75 more dollars if it saves me an essay?" :laugh:

I'm not trying to devalue anyone's dreams of Davis by the way, sorry if anyone takes it that way. I know for most of you this is serious stuff and I seriously have my :xf: for you all! I know how it feels to want a school so badly, so please don't take any of this the wrong way!:oops:

I understood you loud and clear. I would have been happy getting accepted into any DVM program at the onset of this process. I still had to narrow down my options and be a bit pragmatic in choosing which schools I would apply to. Nothing wrong with your perspective at all!!
:highfive:

Well from what was said here, that sounded like OOS students. So, Davis could have assumed that all of the people invited would want to go, therefore rejecting everyone else (yet that obviously wasnt the case). So maybe they are waiting on the IS declines?
This is all pure conjecture tho......

Not sure about OOS'ers, but I know IS'ers who this happened to.

Yeesh. Well I know that I wasn't rejected and then invited. Maybe they made an uber faux pas????