UC Davis c/o 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the call also--unbelievable!!! I am so incredibly happy!! Congratulations to everyone else too! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
I got the call at 935am so so happy. Can't wait to meet everyone!! for those that don't get in don't give up I got wait listed last year, just keep trying!!!

Reactions: 5 users
I'm in Minnesota and there is like a foot of snow. It was -8 on Sunday. I can't get California Dreamin' out of my head. Looking forward to the warm.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call at 10 am. I'm in total shock, thought I blew the interview!

OMG YOU GUYS WE DID IT!WE'RE IN! !!!!

I also want to pass along hope for anyone wait listed or those who didn't get in. This was my 3rd time applying and the first time I got any interviews. I met a girl who got in on her 4th try and I know a doctor who is double boarded and took 5 tries to get in....so don't give up if it's your dream! You can strengthen your application and come back swinging!

Congratulations to everyone who got in. I can't wait to meet you all in the fall!

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know how late they will be calling?

Reactions: 1 user
Kim called me a little before 9 am. I missed her the first time, called her back and left her a message. I couldn't believe I missed the call...especially because these days my phone has become an 11th finger with all the email and sdn refreshings. She got back to me within 10 minutes. I cried and laughed and cried again...this is a dream come true. To those of you waitlisted, don't lose hope. I was waitlisted last year, but now I'm in! HALLELUJAH GOD IS GOOD!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Kim called at 9 this morning while I was at work. The clinic manager and my fellow staff members all stopped and stared while I answered and when I gave them the thumbs up, they went crazy! I'm sure they hear all kinds of things when they do these phone calls but it must have been something to listen to me start to cry with all my co-workers going nuts in the background. Truly a special moment.

We did it guys!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Kim called at 9 this morning while I was at work. The clinic manager and my fellow staff members all stopped and stared while I answered and when I gave them the thumbs up, they went crazy! I'm sure they hear all kinds of things when they do these phone calls but it must have been something to listen to me start to cry with all my co-workers going nuts in the background. Truly a special moment.

We did it guys!!!
I asked them to repeat themselves after putting it on speaker with my fiance. A bit awkward, but I was so excited and I wanted her to hear since she really wanted us to move to California!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to everyone who got calls!!!
Does anyone know if all accepted applicants are called on the same day?

Congratulations, everyone! Quite the trip ahead of you. Enjoy the next 6/7 months. No studying, no stressing. Do something enjoyable and take lots of pictures so you can look back on it later and remember life before school. ;)

Enjoy the next 6/7 months. No studying, no stressing.

I still have one prereq to finish :/ but I'll have between May and August to do nothing but get really excited and play with my dog! :D I'm also putting together a "feed bucket" list (as opposed to the traditional "bucket list") of things to do before vet school that are fairly affordable and fun.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys, a quick question. I just need some clarification: if you are wait listed, then how do I check my position status? It is a bit confusing on the portal. Is your position the number right next to the colon symbol? Example: Wait listed (Position: # -- ### to ###....)

Guys, a quick question. I just need some clarification: if you are wait listed, then how do I check my position status? It is a bit confusing on the portal. Is your position the number right next to the colon symbol? Example: Wait listed (Position: # -- ### to ###....)

Yes. It's the first number directly next to the colon.

I'm excited about the Facebook group and to get to know my other classmates!! Just waiting for them to accept the request :)

Hello all,
From personal experience and hearing from all your colleagues!!!
Wanted your advice on my chances at UC Davis SVM...I have the following

Cumulative: 3.70
Last 45: 3.76
Science: 3.71
GRE: Q-55% (Took it only once...)
Thank you.

In State!
It's hard to say for Davis because they are incredibly numbers driven. If you don't get in, do a file review and see what they say you need to work on. I'd retake the GRE though. I'm not sure about the 3.7s, normally that's fine. But it also depends on how competitive the applicant pool is.

Just got word today that I'm on the interview wait list. Good luck to those who got an interview! Be sure to let admissions know if you for sure cannot make it!

Would you mind if you share your stats?

Just scheduled my interview for December 5th. I'm OOS, very nervous and excited!

Any first years on here planning to do the socials those days?

Last edited:
Would you mind if you share your stats?
I can't remember mine lol. But I'm pretty sure your GPAs are at or above mine. But I think you got an interview, so it doesn't matter! Your 'slate' is wiped clean--the grades get you an interview, but the interview gets you admission.