UC Davis Confirmation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scooby Doo

IEatShavedPussyCats
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent out my UC applications to schools on Wednesday. Today I got a notification from Davis that they have my AMCAS application. Kind of worded funny..b/c they say they have my AMCAS application..but then go on to say I can fill out the UC one online (which I already did)

The text is here:

"This is to acknowledge the receipt of your AMCAS application for admission to
the University of California, School of Medicine at Davis.

The University of California Medical Schools now require a UC Medical School
Application. Please see our web site (http://www.medome.ucdavis.edu) for the
application and instructions. "

Anyone else receive this who sent in the UC special primary type form...

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe they've only received the AMCAS info regarding your name, address, etc...but not your entire app.

It's my understanding that very few, if any, schools have received a fully completed AMCAS application from AMCAS. And those that have have requested that AMCAS just mail the paper copies to them. I don't think the UC's have asked for that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got that email too, but I thought someone said before that the UCs are going to ignore the paper AMCASs anyway? Please correct me if I'm wrong here though! Did everyone get that email from UCSF too?

got the same email from UCSF, UCLA and UCD.

SF and LA were pretty clear ... but the Davis one has me confused too. I don't know exactly What they've received. :confused:

I only got the one from Davis.
I just called them and asked them about the email..and she basically said the email was just to notify students of the supplemental application...
The main reason I called b/c in my rushing I thought I forgot to sign the application! SO I was thinking..great, now I will have to send out more...I asked her and she said she had just filed my application an hour or so ago...she went and looked and it was signed :)
So Davis has my app :)

The link UCD sent in their email is wrong.
I think the link was meant to be this:
http://medome.ucdavis.edu

Scooby: what supplemental? please clarify. Thanks.

did anyone get any secondary information about ucsd?

Originally posted by bonbon81:
•did anyone get any secondary information about ucsd?•

Before the UCs did their own thing, some people posted that they have received secondaries from UC San Diego already. heddart was one who got a secondary in email. Others on this post received secondaries too, but what happened to them and why they received special consideration was never answered.

Andrew

I meant supplemental not in the same way as "secondary"...I mean the special application that the UC's have right now..

ajr: I was another poster that received the UCSD secondary via email. I called thier office soon after and asked if they had screened for the secondary. Her answer was yes--that they screened with the information they had. This was even before AMCAS sent the "one page summaries". I'm in the dark about what information they couldv'e used aside from our friggin' names, email address and maybe state of residence. I think many of the office people at the med schools are as confused as us. I really doubt they screened for the UCSD secondary. Email them and ask them about it.

bruin4life - was the email you received about the secondary from sofia rendon? i got an email from her today (a ucsd address) with the subject line "secondary application" but there was nothing in the body of the email.

Originally posted by Bruin4Life:
•ajr: I was another poster that received the UCSD secondary via email. I called thier office soon after and asked if they had screened for the secondary. Her answer was yes--that they screened with the information they had. This was even before AMCAS sent the "one page summaries". I'm in the dark about what information they couldv'e used aside from our friggin' names, email address and maybe state of residence. I think many of the office people at the med schools are as confused as us. I really doubt they screened for the UCSD secondary. Email them and ask them about it.•

Actually, I did email them a week ago:
------------------------------------------------
Andrew,

Hello, we have received an AMCAS Application Report and expect to receive
the whole application next week. The UC Schools are asking applicants to
complete an online application. You can access the application either
today or Monday at: http://medschool.ucsd.edu/admissions

Admissions Office
-----------------------------------------------

i got that email from UC Davis today too...but I just mailed my UC applications out this morning, so there's no way they meant that they had received the special UC app already. Probably just that they had received the amcas 1-pager. :p