SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

UC Davis interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Ngoc, Apr 30, 2001.

1. Ngoc

Ngoc Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Mar 12, 2001
    SF, CA
    I've just been offered an interview at UC Davis in early May.
    Does anyone know if it is worth attending? Are they just filling up their waitlist?
    Taking more time off from work is very difficult for me, and so I'm wondering what my chances are.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. lilycat

lilycat Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Aug 12, 2000
    If you are interested in the school, I think you should go. You will not just be interviewing for the waitlist. Many applicants that they interviewed earlier in the season, they have put on "hold" to be reviewed again after they finish interviewing ALL the candidates they are interested in. Thus, it would appear to me that you have just as good of a chance of being out-right accepted as someone who interviewed in the fall or winter and has been placed in the hold category.
  4. Ngoc,

A friend of mine interviewed at UCDavis last year in late April, then received an acceptance (she wasn't waitlisted) in mid-May. She's now a first-year medical student there.

If UCDavis is still interviewing, it's a good sign that slots are still open for the entering 2001 class. Good luck to you.