UC Davis news??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

socal_med

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any SDN'ers that interviewed at UC Davis from mid to late march heard anything yet?? or do you think things will be fairly silent until after the 15th when they have a better idea of the numbers they have to fill??

the suspense is driving me nuts!!

also, do you think i should send a letter of intent. I already sent a handwritten card to my interviewer. i want to let them know davis is my top choice but i don't want to be a pest. any advice??

thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

i'd send the letter of intent. it can't hurt and it seems they like to accept people who will come for sure. good luck and hope to see you next fall :)

LoneCoyote said:
i'd send the letter of intent. it can't hurt and it seems they like to accept people who will come for sure. good luck and hope to see you next fall :)

thanks LoneCoyote! I'll send it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got a response and I interviewed in mid march. They said my application has been reviewed and held for further consideration. They said they would inform me whether i was accepted or not whenever all applicants had been interviewed. Does anyone know how long this will take?

el_izalco said:
I just got a response and I interviewed in mid march. They said my application has been reviewed and held for further consideration. They said they would inform me whether i was accepted or not whenever all applicants had been interviewed. Does anyone know how long this will take?

how did they contact you?

el_izalco said:

ditto.

i interviewed all the back in december, and i heard back via email today. damn

They sent me an email with the aforementioned... I dont know if people have already been waitlisted or is everyone not accepted originally in this category?

el_izalco said:
They sent me an email with the aforementioned... I dont know if people have already been waitlisted or is everyone not accepted originally in this category?

right. at this point, you're either accepted or on hold. this will start to change once they are finished interviewing, which should be soon.

coachB said:
right. at this point, you're either accepted or on hold. this will start to change once they are finished interviewing, which should be soon.

Hey guys!! Just got the call from UC Davis (literally just hung up!!) and I'm in!! YES!!!!!!!!! There are definitely spots still there so don't give up hope!!!

Any fellow UC Davis fall classmates drop me line!

:) :) :)

Congrats socal_med! Look forward to seeing you in the fall. There are a number of us on SDN if you pull up some of the other Davis threads and I think some people are looking for housing together.

:clap: :clap:

LoneCoyote said:
Congrats socal_med! Look forward to seeing you in the fall. There are a number of us on SDN if you pull up some of the other Davis threads and I think some people are looking for housing together.

:clap: :clap:

Thanks LoneCoyote!

I'll be interested in meeting you guys. I'm married so my wife I and will be getting a place. Thanks for the info though.

Go Aggies!!!

el_izalco said:

if they've put you on hold then they will reconsider you in june. only a month away.

bewitched1081 said:
if they've put you on hold then they will reconsider you in june. only a month away.
in June... That's two months away as far as I'm concerned. :(

Mr Reddly said:
in June... That's two months away as far as I'm concerned. :(

Yeah that's true it is pretty far away..but at least they are done interviewing. I was told once those people they just interviewed go to committe then everyone else will be looked at again...so hopefully it could be sooner than later since they meet every week....so cross your fingers!!!!

Peace

so is everyone who is not accepted at this point like me "held for further consideration"? Have there been rejections already or ppl put on the waitlist?

I am trying to figure out where they are in the cycle of reviews of interviews. I interviewed week of April 19th and have not heard back. I do not believe any of the April interviewees have gone to commitee yet. What is the latest date of interview updates? From what I can tell they are notifying late March people at this point. Anyone have better information?

I interviewed March 19 and heard back (by calling them) on April 30, exactly 6 weeks later. I think it's a good guess to say that they are on late March or early April interviewees. My advice would be to call Terri next week and see what she can tell you. She seems really helpful. Good luck!