UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ringo_Man

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Does UC Davis conduct many interviews for out-of-state students?

What are my chances of getting accepted if I get an interview invitation as an out-of-state applicant (equal, better, less than in-state applicants)?

Also, can anyone recommend a must-see list for the Davis campus area while on interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not so sure about your chances-- I'm sure, being a CA state school, they prefer CA residents, but you must be good to have gotten an interview from out of state to begin with. If you're serious about UCD, definitely be ready to tell them why in your interview. Also, showing a commitment to CA and northern CA in particular definitely couldn't hurt.

How much time are you spending in Davis? I would definitely recommend spending some time walking around downtown, getting a feel for it. A great place to visit is Mishka's Cafe downtown, a popular study coffee shop (with lemon bars to die for!!). If you're around on a Saturday morning or a Wednesday evening, I definitely recommend checking out the local farmer's market. I think it's really fun!

You should hang out in the Memorial Union if you want to get a feel for the student body. Plus, a lot of the bus lines go to the MU, so you could hop on one of the buses and get a tour of the city. Go to unitrans.ucdavis.edu for their schedules. You should check out the different areas of Davis in case you need to look for housing.

Anyone know if the roses are in bloom over by Storer Hall and Briggs? That was really nice when I was an undergrad there.

You could also take a stroll at the arboretum, by Mrak hall. That's always pretty.

not many people come from out of state to davis. if they offered you an interview that means you are something they are definitely looking for. they will ask you why davis etc... everything lessismoe has mentioned above so prepared for that.

i dont know if your chances are as good as an instater cause they are one of the few schools here in cali that actually seem to take basically cali residents...the other being uci.

i wish you luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Mr Reddly
Don't know which year I have ,but the data says

out 562 5 5 1

applied = 562
interview = 5
accept = 5
matric = 1

Dang. Looks like good odds for an accept that year.

wow, 100% accept off interview fo rout of state. i wish i was out of state. :D :p

At my interview they said this year they will be taking "more" out-of-state applicants. I have no idea what that means since they don't seem to take verymany in the first place. As others have said know why you're a good fit for the school. And read the interview feedback. The questions are standardized at Davis pretty much anything they will ask you is posted. Good luck.

I was also told that they are taking more out of staters this year at my interview. I asked why and I was told that the dean and admissions feel that the school is missing out on a lot of excellent out of state students and that because of this they are looking at out of staters more seriously, hope that helps you.