UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

33Tchica

Weara flower in your hair
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. Does anyone know how many students receive a secondary request from UC Davis? What are the chances of receiving an interview once a secondary is submitted? I am OOS, if it matters...

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I have a question. Once you've submitted the secondary, does the link disappear on the website? I'm afraid I've somehow messed up on my submission.

I have a question. Once you've submitted the secondary, does the link disappear on the website? I'm afraid I've somehow messed up on my submission.

They warned you before submission, once you submit you can't access, not even look, at your secondary. Its probably submitted if you cannot access it. Just don't do what I did and forget everything you wrote on your secondary then go to your interview blind = :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh that's not a problem because I do all the editing of my secondaries in Onenote and I always have a copy. The part that irks me is that the link REMAINS and there is no way for me to truly check the status of my application.

They're of course not answering emails.

Oh that's not a problem because I do all the editing of my secondaries in Onenote and I always have a copy. The part that irks me is that the link REMAINS and there is no way for me to truly check the status of my application.

They're of course not answering emails.

Oh don't bother with emails. Give Terri Hall a call... she is the nicest person I have spoken with re: app status....916-734-4663. :D

5,300 applications
2,000 secondaries
500 interviews!

Oh don't bother with emails. Give Terri Hall a call... she is the nicest person I have spoken with re: app status....916-734-4663. :D

does she give specifics? like maybe when they expect to review a file or if it's already been reviewed?

Terri Hall is super nice, but busy. It can be tough to get her on the phone. I recommend trying to call at different times during the day if you don't get her the first time. I tried in the morning a bunch of times (no answer) before I was able to reach her- in the afternoon.

Hi. Does anyone know how many students receive a secondary request from UC Davis? What are the chances of receiving an interview once a secondary is submitted? I am OOS, if it matters...
UC Davis has a very strong in-state preference. The data available when I applied (Ii'm currently an MSI at UCD) was that of the 780 OOS applicants, only 16 interviews were given.

UCI give pretty strong instate preference as well, though UCLA and UCSF are much more accommodating.

To those in the queue, keep the faith. The admissions cycle at Davis can be a long one, but it's well worth the wait. It's a great medical school. Best of luck to all of you.

If you got such an early interview at UCI, you're definitely competitive!
The numbers scare me too though.
+pity+

Has anyone else that interviewed at UCD in october or early november heard anything yet? They were pretty vague as to when they would let us know our post-interview status during the interview... so I am anxiously waiting!

Has anyone else that interviewed at UCD in october or early november heard anything yet? They were pretty vague as to when they would let us know our post-interview status during the interview... so I am anxiously waiting!

You're supposed to hear in 6-8 weeks. good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)

I called and I think that they had reviewed 10 files/made 10 decisions or something? Just one adcom meeting. They expect to have several more this month. I heard 4-8 weeks, with an emphasis on the "8 weeks" part. I was very early in their interview process and haven't heard anything but am hoping for something soon!

If you got such an early interview at UCI, you're definitely competitive!
The numbers scare me too though.
+pity+
I don't have an interview at UCI yet =/ but I'm apparently under review now. My interview at UCSD (the only one I have) isn't until the end of January!

Sorry! I don't know how I got confused. Perhaps I've had a wee too much SDN in the last 36 hours.

UC Davis has a very strong in-state preference. The data available when I applied (Ii'm currently an MSI at UCD) was that of the 780 OOS applicants, only 16 interviews were given.

UCI give pretty strong instate preference as well, though UCLA and UCSF are much more accommodating.

To those in the queue, keep the faith. The admissions cycle at Davis can be a long one, but it's well worth the wait. It's a great medical school. Best of luck to all of you.

Wow. That really doesn't look good for the home team! :scared:

Interview: Oct 25th (Second day of the opening interview season)
Called: Nov. 29th (No Decision)
Onset of Symptoms: Dec. 1
Diagnosis: Neurosis
Underlying Cause: anxiety
Prognosis: Contigent upon acceptance :p

Thanks!

I don't know if this helps or not, but I'm OOS (Virginia) and I got one about a month and a half ago. Irvine, SD, and SF have been somewhat silent, though. :/

Mr. Dagang is awesome. When he spoke at my undergrad pre-professional info session, I was just starting out pre-med. I remember listenting intently on everything he said; tips, preparation, and their competitive selectivity. I was thinking to myself I will never get into Davis. 3 years later, I met him for the second time at the admissions office at my interview and thought, damned, I've come a long way. Life is a trip. :)

hi all.

i also interviewed on october 25th at davis and got a phone call on november 28th that i am being offered a spot. so hopefully you will all be hearing soon!

good luck!

hi all.

i also interviewed on october 25th at davis and got a phone call on november 28th that i am being offered a spot. so hopefully you will all be hearing soon!

good luck!

Congratulations! :D

but I can't help wondering... what were your stats??
I called them on the 29th and they hadn't made a decision. That usually means I am somewhere in the middle, or god forbid, at the bottom, of the list and am nervously awaiting their decision. Thanks and congratulations!

hi all.

good luck!

my stats are not as good as yours. 3.7ish 32Q. but i'm incredibly attractive so...;)

but I can't help wondering... what were your stats??
I called them on the 29th and they hadn't made a decision. That usually means I am somewhere in the middle, or god forbid, at the bottom, of the list and am nervously awaiting their decision. Thanks and congratulations!