UC IRVINE - OFF hold for interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brutus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been taken OFF hold for interview at UC Irvine yet? When will they start doing that?

Members don't see this ad.

i was going to congratulate you :(

someone on here a few weeks ago said they got off hold. someone else on here recently said they won't be reviewing the hold for interview applicants until a later not-yet-decided date.

Originally posted by lola
i was going to congratulate you :(

someone on here a few weeks ago said they got off hold. someone else on here recently said they won't be reviewing the hold for interview applicants until a later not-yet-decided date.

Was about to do the same :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Brutus,

I completed my secondary for UC Irvine on 9/22, then was put on hold for interview for 3 months! They finally took me off hold on 12/23 and scheduled me for a 1/16 interview (next week!). The Orange County airport is only 2 miles away from the school, and I'll be staying with a student host. I'm sure they'll be taking more people off hold soon, now that the holidays are over...

arginine was the one who previously posted getting off hold. congratulations, arginine!!!:clap:

Right now my Irvine application status page says "Review In Process." How long was everyone else's status like this, just so i can now how long until I'm put on hold. Thanks.

Congratulations Arginine!!!! Hope I get the same news as you!

My review in process was about two weeks, followed by three weeks of pending...and then and interview requested earlier this week.

cool, thanks. I was under pending review forever, i was hoping some of the waiting would be over, but I guess its back to the waiting game again.

i had no more than 2 weeks of pending review and then HOLD. bleh :rolleyes: never a review in process.

Very cool Arginine! Best of luck!!!!

Did you do anything after you were placed on hold for interview? I wrote sort of an update letter to them in November.

Are you a CA resident? What are your stats?

Still waiting!

what is the uci status check website page?

Originally posted by brutus
Very cool Arginine! Best of luck!!!!

Did you do anything after you were placed on hold for interview? I wrote sort of an update letter to them in November.

Are you a CA resident? What are your stats?

Still waiting!

hey Brutus, I just PM'd you.
Best of luck,
arginine:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I completed my Irvine app end of Oct., was put on hold a week later, and just got an interview invite for a mid-Feb. date. Looks like they're taking at least a few people off now.

Congrats!!! Good luck to you!

How were you notified of your interview?

They sent me an email yesterday at 7:50 pm PST. Plus, it shows on the status page now.

woot! off hold.
it's taken a LONG time, too.
let me demonstrate:

AMCAS Application
Received 6/19/2002

UC Application Received
Yes 7/2/2002

Secondary Application Sent
Yes 8/22/2002

Secondary Application Received
Yes 9/16/2002

Letters of Rec Complete
Yes 9/19/2002

Application Complete
Yes 9/23/2002

Interview Standing
Invited 2/13/2003

I was in the Pending Review category for about a month before they put me on hold. The official On Hold was 10/24. Then I checked day before yesterday and it said my app was under review again. I just noticed it first then, read posts here, and figured it'd be another 3-5 weeks before I heard anything else. Much to my surprise, I rec'd the pleasant e-mail last night, 1/22. woot! woot!

yay pocwana. you rock! you too, mystic_b!
if only they would show a little love for lola :D

...now i can start obsessively checking my status page to see if i've come under review again! ;)

Dude, Pocwana, you have me beat by a long shot in the amount of time you had your app completed before you heard! Good job! Here are my dates:

AMCAS Application
Received 7/30/2002

UC Application Received
Yes 8/1/2002

Secondary Application Sent
Yes 9/2/2002

Secondary Application Received
Yes 10/3/2002

Letters of Rec Complete
Yes 10/20/2002

Application Complete
Yes 10/30/2002

Interview Standing
Invited 2/13/2003

I don't know if my status changed back from On Hold to Pending Review recently because I had stopped checking the status check site a long time ago.

Thanks for the woots, lola!

looks like there will be at least 3 of us as Irvine on 2/13. Anyone else going?

Well, I just got off hold yesterday. Right into the rejection pile. :laugh:

Hopefully this guy hasn't been on hold for the past 7 years.