UC secondaries, how long after verification?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do people know where to find UCSD's MSTP portion? The application looks MD-only.[/QUOTE]

hey,
I think UCSD uses the AMCAS MD/PhD stuff for the MSTP application. I think they just want more letters, thank god.

Members don't see this ad.

bump, this waiting sux!

jtank said:
bump, this waiting sux!
TOTALLY! this waiting thing sucks. I can't believe I'm still waiting for UCSD...according to the status page, they've had my amcas since 7/11 so i don't know if that means anything since people who were verified after me have gotten secondaries. Does that mean I've been passed over? How long do we wait for before we get rejections? I wasn't really expecting ucla or ucsf but ucsd...come on! ahh...im sad, but im dealing lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a UCSD student and I talked directly to the administrator of primary review. This is what I was told:

1) The primary is probably the most heavily screened of any of the UC's. The secondary basically just wants a picture, an autobiography, and a couple short essays about EC's.

2) The lady said UCSD secondaries are non-rolling and will be sent out after the AMCAS deadline *shrug*. But it sounds like people are getting them anyway.

Any confirmations?

SeventhSon said:
I am a UCSD student and I talked directly to the administrator of primary review. This is what I was told:

1) The primary is probably the most heavily screened of any of the UC's. The secondary basically just wants a picture, an autobiography, and a couple short essays about EC's.

2) The lady said UCSD secondaries are non-rolling and will be sent out after the AMCAS deadline *shrug*. But it sounds like people are getting them anyway.

Any confirmations?
UCSD has sent out secondaries to both in-staters and out-of-staters at this point (but only those verified pretty early in the process). UCSD is also ostensibly a rolling school that starts accepting students in October.

UCSD status page says it recieved my application on 7/11 and I was approved for a secondary on 8/12 and I'm out of state. I never recieved an email and only found out by checking the status page.

UCLA updates their status page just once a week, right? Anyone know if that is a specific day? And, which day that is?

who ever knew someday i would be sitting here wishing i had essays to write...

argonana said:
Has anyone received the UCSF secondary in the last couple days?

UCSF received my amcas on 8/15 and I got approved for a secondary today on 8/23...but i'm mstp tho, which seems to make things go faster at most schools

argonana said:
Has anyone received the UCSF secondary in the last couple days?

I got a UCSF secondary today so they are definitely still coming.

What's up with UCLA? who's got all the UC's but UCLA?

Members don't see this ad :)
titoincali said:
I was approved for a UCSF secondary today.

Congrats tito and bluntman!!!

OH, I do hope they're still coming!

To the person asking about UCLA: I wasn't aware that they update just once a week, but for what it's worth, I received my secondary on a Monday.

U C L A where are youuuuuu?

does anyone know the screening cutoffs for ANY of the ucs??

I'm a HI resident and got the UCLA secondary last week. In fact, a bunch of UCLA secondaries went out last week sometime. Not sure about the other UCs, still waiting on UCSD and UCSF (doubtful though). Not sure of the cutoffs either, but I'm happy enough knowing I got UCLA's invite.

ok, since im tired of checking my status for the UCs everyday, can someone tell me if they send you an email to fill out secondary when you get past the screening?

UCLA didn't send me an email. They updated my status page and I got a letter about a week later.

AMCAS verified on 7/28, UCSD received it on 8/2, got approved for secondary today (8/25).

Can anyone tell me the procedure for their MSTP app process?...info about it was strangely lacking on the secondary i got.

jtank said:
ok, since im tired of checking my status for the UCs everyday, can someone tell me if they send you an email to fill out secondary when you get past the screening?

Davis, UCSD, and Irvine send email invites for secondaries... Good luck!!

Wohooo! I got an email for UCSF's secondary today! I don't even have mcat scores yet :confused: (first-time mcater august 2005, amcas verified late June)

Can some post uc davis's prompts. I heard that they changed from last year. Thanks...

Are UCLA's secondary prompts the same as last year?

out-of-state, amcas received 7/18, invite for secondary 9/6.

I got UCLA/Drew today. Does anybody know how the admissions process is set up for UCLA/Drew and UCLA/Geffen? Is it a completely seperate process? Or is it like the UCIrvine Prime Program where you have to be accepted by the UC Irvine class before you'll be considered for acceptance for the PRIME program (after interviewing at both, of course)?

I wonder because I haven't heard from UCLA and am wondering if getting Drew's secondary means I'm should be expecting the Geffen secondary. I know that most likely it's not going to be that easy. :rolleyes:

From what I understand, the Drew and Geffen programs are seperate; so recieving one secondary probably doesn't mean anything about the other.

Has anyone heard from UCD, UCLA, or UCSD ever since that initial outburst of secondaries near the beginning of August?

wowzer said:
out-of-state, amcas received 7/18, invite for secondary 9/6.

dang, my amcas was received 8/15.....this is going to take a while

For what its worth UCI secondary complete 8/4

On hold for interview 9/6/05

I was not complete at other UCs till 8/22-25 so I dont expect to hear from them till a month from now.

diosa428 said:
Same here. According to the UCLA status page, they decided to send me the secondary on 8/12 (haven't gotten it in the mail yet) and UCSF sent me an email saying they received my app and would review it in 3-10 weeks. I was verified sometime in mid-July (8/18 maybe?) and I'm out of state.

Edit: 9 essays? ARGH

got all the UC's. verified in early august.

TicAL said:
From what I understand, the Drew and Geffen programs are seperate; so recieving one secondary probably doesn't mean anything about the other.

QUOTE]

Thanks! I figured as much but I thought I'd ask anyway.

TicAL said:

Has anyone heard from UCD, UCLA, or UCSD ever since that initial outburst of secondaries near the beginning of August?

I received UCSD on 9/9.