UCDavis???????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
zeephro said:
I interviewed Dec 21st and I'm still being reviewed . . . no decision yet, not even waitlist!

they said that they wouldn't have a waitlist until after may 15. So I'm guessing there are a LOT of people in limbo..

=)

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard of anyone getting in since May 15 and I have several friends in limbo. Can't they just let us all in?

Members don't see this ad :)
beffers8888 said:
I haven't heard of anyone getting in since May 15 and I have several friends in limbo. Can't they just let us all in?

I wish.. Has anyone had post-interview rejections yet? I'm just wondering why so many people are in limbo

I interviewed at Davis at the end of March, and I got my rejection letter last Thursday (5/11). Maybe because I am out-of-state they made the rejection letter earlier? Who knows. Good luck everyone!

doctorsoph said:
I interviewed at Davis at the end of March, and I got my rejection letter last Thursday (5/11). Maybe because I am out-of-state they made the rejection letter earlier? Who knows. Good luck everyone!

just curious, were you ever put on hold?

anyone get Terri's email? It looks like they're getting ready to compile the waitlist.

Good luck all!

I just got it. Somehow, I don't feel so optimistic about this.

beffers8888 said:
I just got it. Somehow, I don't feel so optimistic about this.

yeah.. let's hope that the waitlist moves fast. Because I think I was basically interviewing for a waitlist position.

I still am not sure I understand how their system works. At this point, it seems like the majority of people who will drop and acceptance have already done it. Does that mean that of all the people they put on the waitlist only a few will eventually get off? Or maybe it means that right now there are a bunch of open spots and they are just waiting to fill them.

Just a form email to say that things are going slowly and they are about to form the waitlist so we should let her know if we're still interested.

pseudoknot said:
No, I didn't! What email??

Well I didn't get the email either, so I suppose if I don't get it in a day or two I had better call or just be expecting a thin envelope soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an Email. And with that email went my ambition to become a doctor.
I am withdrawing my spot at Tulane, and I'm not waiting to hear from San Diego.
Thanks for everyone who gave me support, but for whatever reason, apparently recommendations from a med student, a clinical professor, my own ECs and my interviewers telling me that I'd make an "excellent physician" were not enough. Nor was being PBK, having a 3.77 GPA nor having YEARS of real, hands-on clinical experience. Whatever. :thumbup:
I would have been a very dedicated student, but in retrospect, I guess I'm glad since I get a little more free time in my life.

I'm finishing my BSN pre-reqs through various online channels this summer, and I'm beginning my studies at UNR in Spring of 07. I'm going the ER nurse/travel around the world route. Maybe my FNP later, but I hate being stuck in a clinic 9-5, so I'll probably end up doing ACN or ENP.
In any case, 2Sexy- best of luck, Evade - thank you for the unsolicited letter, and to everyone else, good luck in med school.
Year 2, I'm over it, and I'm not leaving Cali. I'm just moving out of the damned valley. Good thing, too, my allergies were kicking up. :laugh:
Love you guys. Have fun at Davis.

nikibean said:
Thanks for everyone who gave me support, but for whatever reason, apparently recommendations from a med student, a clinical professor, my own ECs and my interviewers telling me that I'd make an "excellent physician" were not enough. Nor was being PBK, having a 3.77 GPA nor having YEARS of real, hands-on clinical experience. Whatever. :thumbup:
I would have been a very dedicated student, but in retrospect, I guess I'm glad since I get a little more free time in my life.

I'm finishing my BSN pre-reqs through various online channels this summer, and I'm beginning my studies at UNR in Spring of 07. I'm going the ER nurse/travel around the world route. Maybe my FNP later, but I hate being stuck in a clinic 9-5, so I'll probably end up doing ACN or ENP.
In any case, 2Sexy- best of luck, Evade - thank you for the unsolicited letter, and to everyone else, good luck in med school.
Year 2, I'm over it, and I'm not leaving Cali. I'm just moving out of the damned valley. Good thing, too, my allergies were kicking up. :laugh:

man, medicine doesn't know what it's missing out on. good luck to you nikibean :luck: , you will rock in whatever you do.

nikibean said:

oh, man, that's harsh. i'm sorry, but i really do hope you'll find happiness in whatever you do. can i ask why you withdrew your spot at tulane? you don't want to leave the state after all, maybe?

anyway, best of luck, and seriously, i don't know what those schools were thinking.

nikibean said:

I think the whole admissions process is so random and sometimes I don't know what the ad com is looking for. When I read niki's profile, I was more than 100% sure that she would get accepted way earlier than me.

I'm sad that we are losing a great furture physicine but on the other hand, I'm glad that she is finally figuired out what she really wants to do with her life. It's true that she will have more time for herself which I get a little bit jealous.
Anyhow I know you will make a great healthcare provider no matter what filed you go into. Best wishes.

virluminous said:
just curious, were you ever put on hold?

No I wasn't. I didn't hear anything after the interview until last week.

nikibean said:

Oh, babe, I'm so sorry to hear that. :-( I wish I could've done more! Truly, though, I know you'll be amazing at whatever you do. I wish you the very, very best. :luck:

i interviewed on apr. 13...and i get this email from terry recently:

Dear Applicant:

Your application has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee and has been held for further consideration. A final decision on your application will be made after all applicants being considered for admission have been reviewed.

At that time you will be informed whether you have been accepted to the class, placed on the waiting list or not accepted.

IS this a "HOLD" / delayed rejection?

thanks

Hey guys,

I withdrew from Davis today - hopefully the slot goes to one of you! Good luck. :luck:

xxbruinxx said:
i interviewed on apr. 13...and i get this email from terry recently:

Dear Applicant:

Your application has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee and has been held for further consideration. A final decision on your application will be made after all applicants being considered for admission have been reviewed.

At that time you will be informed whether you have been accepted to the class, placed on the waiting list or not accepted.

IS this a "HOLD" / delayed rejection?

thanks
That is the hold message. I don't know what it means at this stage. That was my last communication from them as well, but someone mentioned on this thread getting an actual waitlist email. It's possible they have already formed the waitlist and haven't told the people who didn't make it.

I guess we'll know by August one way or another.

pseudoknot said:
That is the hold message. I don't know what it means at this stage. That was my last communication from them as well, but someone mentioned on this thread getting an actual waitlist email. It's possible they have already formed the waitlist and haven't told the people who didn't make it.

I guess we'll know by August one way or another.

A friend of mine got this supposed "waitlist" email from Terri, but I read it as saying that they were getting close to forming the waitlist and that they wanted to know her interest in being on such a list. She also never got the hold letter. Of course I can't explain why I didn't get the same letter she did, so maybe we are all doomed to the thin envelope/email in August. I could just call the school, but I am too chicken for fear of ruining my chances or some odd thing like that.

derangedmadman said:
A friend of mine got this supposed "waitlist" email from Terri, but I read it as saying that they were getting close to forming the waitlist and that they wanted to know her interest in being on such a list. She also never got the hold letter. Of course I can't explain why I didn't get the same letter she did, so maybe we are all doomed to the thin envelope/email in August. I could just call the school, but I am too chicken for fear of ruining my chances or some odd thing like that.
This is the email that I got. I assumed it went to everyone.

Dear Class of 2010 applicants,

I hope the application season has been going well and on behalf of the staff and faculty,
we appreciate your patience on what can be a long process. In the next week our
faculty will finish reviewing the last files and we will begin to create our wait list. In order
to facilitate the creation of the list, please let Terri know if you are still interested in our
school and would like us to continue to review your file for possible acceptance. Also, if
you are no longer considering attending UCD, please let us know that as well and we
can withdraw your file.

Lastly, on the basis of all of you who interviewed, I am extremely impressed with the
future of medicine and the promise that you hold. We wish you the best in the future,
here at UCD or at another institution. Continue to hold on to your dreams.

beffers8888 said:
This is the email that I got. I assumed it went to everyone.

Dear Class of 2010 applicants,

I hope the application season has been going well and on behalf of the staff and faculty,
we appreciate your patience on what can be a long process. In the next week our
faculty will finish reviewing the last files and we will begin to create our wait list. In order
to facilitate the creation of the list, please let Terri know if you are still interested in our
school and would like us to continue to review your file for possible acceptance. Also, if
you are no longer considering attending UCD, please let us know that as well and we
can withdraw your file.

Lastly, on the basis of all of you who interviewed, I am extremely impressed with the
future of medicine and the promise that you hold. We wish you the best in the future,
here at UCD or at another institution. Continue to hold on to your dreams.

I called Terri today and she said that the above email is NOT for applicants already placed on hold. Davis will generate a waitlist by early June. Hang on to your hope everyone!! :)

evade said:
Oh, babe, I'm so sorry to hear that. :-( I wish I could've done more! Truly, though, I know you'll be amazing at whatever you do. I wish you the very, very best. :luck:

Thanks Joanna. Look me up in Truckee if you ever need a place to stay. I am moving into a house on the river with a hot tub. And I'm working for Mariah in Coloma for the next few weeks if you are looking for a rafting trip. Good luck everyone who's still waiting. Be cool to your nurses- they might have had just as good (if not better) MCAT score than you... :laugh:

i'm still lost...i got what seems to be the HOLD email. i never received the other email saying how they will be forming their wait list in the near future.

so if i'm already on hold, i have no hope of even being on the waitlist?

is it correct to say that the order is:

acceptance > waitlist > hold > rejection ?

thx

nikibean said:

(sorry, duplicate)

BUMP
I'm still waiting to hear something new from my hold back in Dec!

At least you've heard SOMETHING post-interview! The wait is killing me!

Come on Davis! Give us some good news this week!!!

anyone called? I'm thinking about calling

i called yesterday and was told that my application was under review and i should have news by the 15th. also said that anything's possible, ie. acceptance, waitlist, or rejection.

forREAL said:
i called yesterday and was told that my application was under review and i should have news by the 15th. also said that anything's possible, ie. acceptance, waitlist, or rejection.

when did you interview? thanks

Ok so I called...

i interviewed on the last day of the interview season.. my file was reviewed yesterday by the committee, and I should expect a decision by early next week.

firebird69guy said:
Ok so I called...

i interviewed on the last day of the interview season.. my file was reviewed yesterday by the committee, and I should expect a decision by early next week.
eeek, good luck! I interviewed almost 4 months ago so I wonder if they'll have my decision next week too.

hi firebird,
good luck this week! i hope you receive happy news.
fyi, i interviewed mid-march and i wrote an LOI in may.

t

I tried calling yesterday and only got voicemails...

Anyone hear anything? Have they even made a waitlist yet?

I called a few days ago and they said no decision but they hoped to make all of their decisions within a week or so. That's what they said when I called 5 weeks ago.

I just got this email from Bera. Did anyone actually get an acceptance recently? I am curious whether the class was already full to the brim when they made this round of decisions and this email is as good as it will get for now?

Dear Applicant:

The Admissions Committee has reviewed your application for admission
to the School of Medicine, University of California, Davis. Although all of
the places in this year's class have been filled, the Committee is of the
opinion that your record merits serious consideration and wishes to offer
you a position on the list of alternates.

Each year, a few places become available after the class has initially
been selected and these places are offered to the alternates. Thus, some,
but not all of those on the alternate list will eventually receive an
acceptance.

If you wish to keep the alternate status awarded to you by the
Committee, please inform us by e-mail at [email protected]
within two weeks and provide us with a current phone number or e-mail
address at which you may be reached during the day. If we do not hear
from you, we will assume you are no longer interested in Davis, and will
withdraw your application.

I got the exact same email this morning. I wonder if they just sent out waitlists to the rest of the people or if anyone has actually been accepted or rejected.

Got the same email too. Must be in select company, eh?

I got the email too. Anyone who interviewed in the last few months NOT get this email?

Good luck guys.

Yep, same email this morning. Good luck to all of you too...but I hope I am one of those special "some alternates" that will get that wonderful call! :rolleyes:

MissMichellie said:
Yep, same email this morning. Good luck to all of you too...but I hope I am one of those special "some alternates" that will get that wonderful call! :rolleyes:

is this list ranked or what?
hmm

beffers8888 said:
I got the exact same email this morning. I wonder if they just sent out waitlists to the rest of the people or if anyone has actually been accepted or rejected.

Uh...guys...that IS the waitlist, I think.

there are 100 people on the list. i didn't ask if it was ranked. they don't know how fast it'll move b/c this is the first year that school is starting so early. they usually start in mid september, but this year it's july 31. latest anyone will hear anything is july 31.

i wonder if anyone actually got accepted straight out this review cycle.... i interviewed end january, never was put on hold, and this is the first word i've heard from Davis.